Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk Wins Tough Decision Over Amar, in Line For WBC Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
    the talent gap should make him w/e OG wanted him to be ..and it didnt..og is nursing and swelling and cuts from the punches of a nobody..
    Andrej Fonfara is worse than Amar and he hurt Adonis badly and came close to beating him, much closer than Amar came to beating Gvozdyk. And Fonfara is extremely basic. Gvozdyk has holes in his game but so do Stevenson and Jack. And neither have proven they can take a punch like Amar can. Neither have jabs or defense skills like Amar either.

And did you seriously just write a comment about someone ducking Adonis? Adonis is the one who ducks everyone. I can't believe how confused you are. And remember Browne and Alvarez both refused to fight Gvozdyk, so Gvozdyk is actually the ducked one, not Adonis. That's just a fact you can look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      People has off nights and bad nights in boxing. The man who knocked out Badou Jack also had significantly less talent gap than jack but we all know what happened.
      na jack had real flaws that he fixed over time...if u really watch film...gvozdyk has real flaws and it is going to take time! i highly doubt TR puts him in vs either guy next...but if they do we'll see if u're right...he's had a few off nights that hsould have looked much better

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        Andrej Fonfara is worse than Amar and he hurt Adonis badly and came close to beating him, much closer than Amar came to beating Gvozdyk. And Fonfara is extremely basic. Gvozdyk has holes in his game but so do Stevenson and Jack. And neither have proven they can take a punch like Amar can. Neither have jabs or defense skills like Amar either.

And did you seriously just write a comment about someone ducking Adonis? Adonis is the one who ducks everyone. I can't believe how confused you are. And remember Browne and Alvarez both refused to fight Gvozdyk, so Gvozdyk is actually the ducked one, not Adonis. That's just a fact you can look it up.
        fonfara of 2012 is too tough for og and just walks him dwon and marks him up at this point...if stevenson ko's gvozdyk i'll still think fofnara is the better win...call it wat you want..

they didnt duck gvozdyk THEY JUST DONT NEED HIM!

Comment

Respect to amar. He was brought in to be a quick ko victim but ended making gvozydk struggle for that title. Gvozdyk is so up & down. Against decent guys like chilemba & Gonzalez he looks like a force, but against lower tier dudes like amar, baker & karpency he looks vulnerable. Strange dude lol..

Comment

If this young man won't commit to the body from round 2 through the fight he will have big problems against veteran guys.
            This Frenchman did very well by moving his head and using a sneaky jab, if he had power this fight would have been up for grabs.
            Right now he's just a straight up in the air eastern euro who needs an American trainer to teach him to add body left hooks and right hands to the body off a double jab.

A good boxer who needs to learn to fight!

Ray

Comment

fonfara of 2012 is too tough for og and just walks him dwon and marks him up at this point...if stevenson ko's gvozdyk i'll still think fofnara is the better win...call it wat you want..

they didnt duck gvozdyk THEY JUST DONT NEED HIM!
              You know what I came off the wrong way with heavy insults and I apologize.

Comment

OG is going to be the 4th mandatory that ducks adonis...
                is that a record??

look he didnt even get to speak after the fight...top rank has to protect his words...he'll likely say the truth about him not being ready like we all just saw...but they want to hold him up as ducked.
                Hope not. We will leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  I've never been sold on Gvozdyk, he's like the 175 version of Klitschko, doesn't have the defense for the top dogs and his offense is pretty basic.
                  that makes no sense - Klitschko had amazing defense? He rarely ever got hit cleanly? Defense isn't just head movement - it's the ability to use your feet to gauge distance and slide in and out of range, which Klitscho used his fast feet to do very well.

and Klitschko also reigned supreme for over a decade, beating plenty of top dogs.

these two have literally NOTHING in common, aside both being Ukrainian.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    You know what I came off the wrong way with heavy insults and I apologize.
                    Classy. Rare on these boards.

Comment

LOL people making a big deal out of nothing. dude did exactly what he was supposed to do - he dominated a stay-busy fight.

All because he didn't stop the dude, and the dude won a few rounds he gave away?

LOL..

Alvarez ducked him, and we all know Adonis don't want no part of him.. so he'll just keep beating whoever they put in front of him..

Comment

Working...
                      X