Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk Wins Tough Decision Over Amar, in Line For WBC Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk Wins Tough Decision Over Amar, in Line For WBC Shot

At The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, a battle for the interim WBC light heavyweight title saw Oleksandr "The Nail" Gvozdyk (15-0, 12 KOs) won a tougher than expected twelve round unanimous decision over Medhi Amar (34-6-2, 16 KOs). The scores were 117-111, 116-112 and 118-110.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Gvozdyk underestimated him and thought that it was just a walk in the park. The man was determined he was just not going to be a tune up.
    Last edited by Thraxox; 03-17-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Gvozdyk underestimated him and thought that it was just a walk in the park.
      I guess. But Gvozdyk was tattooing him at points, but never hurt him. This is a journeyman.

Doubting at this point the Gvozdyk can beat any of the top 5 175 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
        I guess. But Gvozdyk was tattooing him at points, but never hurt him. This is a journeyman.

Doubting at this point the Gvozdyk can beat any of the top 5 175 fighters.
        Gvozdyk performs either different or so damn underwhelmingly depending on the opponents. When the opponents where decent (Najib, Chilemba, Gonzalez) he looks like a million dollars because he took them seriously but when guys are journeymen or tune up bouts he has no interest on fighting and just cruises on for a jab and pitty pat fest, like in the Baker fight.

Comment

I always thought Gvozdyk would get his ass handed to him by the hard hitters, after he got dropped bad in the fight in Las Vegas

Comment

OG is going to be the 4th mandatory that ducks adonis...
            is that a record??

look he didnt even get to speak after the fight...top rank has to protect his words...he'll likely say the truth about him not being ready like we all just saw...but they want to hold him up as ducked.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Gvozdyk underestimated him and thought that it was just a walk in the park. The man was determined he was just not going to be a tune up.
              the talent gap should make him w/e OG wanted him to be ..and it didnt..og is nursing and swelling and cuts from the punches of a nobody..

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                I always thought Gvozdyk would get his ass handed to him by the hard hitters, after he got dropped bad in the fight in Las Vegas
                Well for the benefit of the doubt Karpency isn't feather fisted fighter. He had 20 wins with 15 ko's going into the fight with Gvozdyk and that was a picture perfect right hook. I'll Gvozdyk the benefit of the doubt that he didn't took the guy seriously and thought it was a walk in the park.

Comment

I've never been sold on Gvozdyk, he's like the 175 version of Klitschko, doesn't have the defense for the top dogs and his offense is pretty basic.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                    the talent gap should make him w/e OG wanted him to be ..and it didnt..og is nursing and swelling and cuts from the punches of a nobody..
                    People has off nights and bad nights in boxing. The man who knocked out Badou Jack also had significantly less talent gap than jack but we all know what happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X