Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If not for that 118-110 card would people still b screaming robbery??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually misheard that score lol and when I heard it was a draw by Buffer i thought it was fair (mainly because i expected a robbery). But if the score was not that stupidly wide i wouldnt have an issue. As far as i was concerned GGG won it by a fair amount.

Comment

You'd still have certain crybabys that can't score fights to save their lives calling it one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
        I know her card was ridiculous but bottom line was the fight was close as hell, people r using that 118-110 as an excuse to ***** on canelo. That score shouldn't take away from how good and competitive that fight was. Watched it 4 times already.
        you're trying to combine two separate issues

was it a good fight, and was it a robbery

yes it was a good fight, but that's irrelevant to the issue people are heated about

you're basically doing what Oscar did in the post fight, trying to use the fight's entertainment value to overwrite the controversy

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          this is why defense needs to be scored....

sure, 3g was moving forward pressing the fight, but he was all jab, no combos.
          dozens of his rights missed canelo wide or landed on the top rope.

canelo landed way more body blows
          3g landed way more jabs

they cancel each other out

whats left is who landed more*

*(when a guy throws 1000 punches, chances are he will land more. the % were almost identical)
          if you're not doing something OFF your defense, it's not defense

otherwise you can just shell up/slip punches every round and expect to win the defense category. that isn't defense, that's avoiding your opponent

you need to use your defense to score, thats what defense is in boxing

Comment

You could defend a 115-113 card for Canelo. I think it is a stretch to give him the fight, but even though GGG had more of an edge and was more consistent, neither fighter really established and retained firm control. Canelo did some good work depending on your style preference.

A blowout scorecard like Byrd's is a travesty though. She has no business judging fights anymore.
            Last edited by Mukuro; 09-18-2017, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              if you're not doing something OFF your defense, it's not defense

otherwise you can just shell up/slip punches every round and expect to win the defense category. that isn't defense, that's avoiding your opponent

you need to use your defense to score, thats what defense is in boxing
              making a person miss almost 500 punches is ''something''

on the same token, people easily score THROWING a ton of punches as if it was effective aggression.....

being aggressive made this fight closer than it should have been.

Comment

My prediction for the fight was Canelo by controversial decision

Given that just about everyone with a brain knows that Canelo gets favourable treatment from judges INCLUDING GGG, a draw is not a robbery as it simply means that Canelo got the benefit of any doubt (duh!)

A robbery would have been a Canelo victory as there is no case that can be made for him winning 7 rounds whereas 6 rounds is a definite maybe

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  you're trying to combine two separate issues

was it a good fight, and was it a robbery

yes it was a good fight, but that's irrelevant to the issue people are heated about

you're basically doing what Oscar did in the post fight, trying to use the fight's entertainment value to overwrite the controversy
                  The question was if not for her scorecard would u still be mad about a draw.

Comment

ABSOLUTELY! this fight wasn't a draw. it was a clear 8-4 win for ggg. maybe the absolute lowest u can go is 7-5 ggg. and that's it. NO DRAW!

GGG was robbed of a career defining win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah I think that scorecard cloud almost everyone judgement/anger. The anger is definitely justified doe. How anyone could see a close fight that wide is beyond belief. I think the other two scorecard defintiely makes sense, one or two points to either fighter or a draw etc am fine with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X