Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If not for that 118-110 card would people still b screaming robbery??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    You'd still have certain crybabys that can't score fights to save their lives calling it one.
    To be honest the people that are calling it a robbery don't know much about boxing, they are mostly casuals.

Comment

If the result was a draw with a closer scorecard, then people would still b1tch about it, but not nearly as much.

If Canelo won with a narrow score, people would complain just as much as they are now with the draw.

If Canelo won with that 118-110 score, people would be even more outraged.

The result wasn't as bad as the score. A draw to me is a gift but still fair and justifiable, but a Canelo win would have been seen as a robbery with that 118-110 score.

Comment

If it would have been 115-113 for Canelo instead the GGG fans would still be whining, but the boxing establishment as a whole wouldn't be upset.

It was a close fight, period. Don't want a questionable decision to go against you? Then don't let the fight be close, blow everyone out and you don't give them a chance to take it away from you. That's what worked for Mayweather, in 50 fights he only gave the judges 2 chances to call a close fight against him, they didn't and he gave immediate rematches to the guys and schooled them anyway.

Comment

You Fidel456, you speak the truth. If it was not for one card, a decision either way or the draw would be much easier to swallow from both factions as well as the casual fan.

Good fight. GGG should've known he would not get the nod if the fight went to the score cards. He could've done more. Canelo gassed. He could'e done more.

Regardless of what this outcome was, we are in for a rematch...I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
            So there are some realistic people on here and it's not just GGGroupies everywhere crying robbery. I thought Canelo won the fight close but you can't argue a robbery either way. If you watch it without the commentary i'm more than sure you'll see it the way I did, very close. People who are saying GGG won clearly either got swayed or started watching boxing in the last year or less. Brainless trolls.
            90% of people are brainless trolls? Virtually everyone thinks he won the fight.

Comment

Of course, look at the polls, only a few hardcore Canelo fans or GGG haters claim Canelo deserved the win. If she scored it 115:113 for GGG it would have still been a Draw in a fight that Golovkin won.

Comment

I'd still be upset and calling robbery if it was 115-113 for each and 114-114, but at least with that I would have been complaining about incompetent judges instead of blatant corruption.

Comment

Awful card, but a draw is fine. If her card were 7-5 for Canelo, nobody'd complain.

Comment

90% of the media thought GGG won and that the result was a robbery. They must all be casuals and trolls though.

Comment

if defense was scoring points canelo won

Comment

Working...
                      X