Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Prime Muhammad Ali win over a prime Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    - -Ali a cruiser today. Would he move to heavy?

We dunno anymore than who would win. They can only fight in their eras and only Joe Louis dominated his era more than Wlad.
    --- Yes, let us imagine if they took on Ali vs Spinks in a round robin.

Easy money for me and brokeass for y'all!
    Vlad is unique regarding Ali the way you are unique as a poster.

Comment

Wlad would be sliced and diced by Prime Ali. Too quick. Wlad too tentative. Ali would hit him at will and Wlad don’t like to be hit. Result would be a tentative statue following Ali around the ring afraid to throw punches. Gradual beat down in one sided fashion.

Comment

Meh i think it's an interesting fight

For the size matchup check David Haye vs Wlad, and granted Haye and Ali are different fighters but Haye is incredibly quick himself, and hits harder than Ali, but in his prime he really couldn't touch klitschko.

People say Wlad is robotic and slow but he's not. Compare him to "big" george foreman or Sonny Liston and he moves a hell of a lot better and has a lot quicker hands than them.

Obviously it's sacrilege to suggest prime Ali has problems with any fighter but Wlad is a different level to anyone he fought and I think Ali would be in tough with him.

If Henry Cooper can blast you the fight before the liston one (which was ali in his prime) then obviously wlad has some chance here.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
          Wlad would be sliced and diced by Prime Ali. Too quick. Wlad too tentative. Ali would hit him at will and Wlad don’t like to be hit. Result would be a tentative statue following Ali around the ring afraid to throw punches. Gradual beat down in one sided fashion.
          I don't know about that. Wlad control of distance is better than anyone ali fought. And Ali wasn't really a Bob and weave guy he was a guy who liked to control distance himself.

Ali could stalemate klitschko with his foots peed and stay out of range but in range klitschko has an ATG jab himself and has a big height and reach advantage. He can also land his jab from half way across the ring.

Someone who can get low and come under Wlad jab would be a nightmare for him (I'm thinking Tyson)

Comment

No. Not close. Ali is just too quick for a robotic Wlad. As he is being tattooed over and over he would become very tentative to throw punches. The efffctivness of a jab has little to do with reach. Ali’s lateral movement allows him to hit at angles. His reflexes allow him to completely outspeed Wlad. His punches would cut Wlad to ribbons. Ali, prime Ali, wins every round in a very one sided beat down of epic perportions. No chance whatsoever that Wlad sees the fights end.

Comment

Haye was a nondescript hwt contender. Ali the greatest of all hwt champions. Completely and utterly incomparable. Making such a comparison shows your logic is highly faulty.

Comment

- -The so called prime Ali in his first run was hardly impressive in many fights.

He gave up lots of rds running against ancient Folley, was forced to the ropes and body blasted by Chuvalo who took that fight on short notice, had Cosell choking on his toupee when Mildenberger had him in a world of trouble.

Looked ace against glass London and declared dead on the operating table Cleve Williams.

Enough to dew up the innocent young soft lads who are past it ol'Timers always claiming their fighters are best in every era of boxing.

Wlad had some of the best footwork in boxing used to control distance as did Vitali, and ironically both were headhunters like Ali who backed up in straight lines. Ali burned too much energy running and would be less effective against patient boxers with alltime great power and more athletically and mentally inclined than him.

Size matters to early era forums when Ali idolators was claim he was too big for Joe Louis when that size advantage was 1" in height and 5-10lbs in weight.

Yeah, I know, laughable and they sure had me in stitches . Them was the days!

Comment

- -The so called prime Ali in his first run was hardly impressive in many fights.

He gave up lots of rds running against ancient Folley, was forced to the ropes and body blasted by Chuvalo who took that fight on short notice, had Cosell choking on his toupee when Mildenberger had him in a world of trouble.

Looked ace against glass London and declared dead on the operating table Cleve Williams.

Enough to dew up the innocent young soft lads who are past it ol'Timers always claiming their fighters are best in every era of boxing.

Wlad had some of the best footwork in boxing used to control distance as did Vitali, and ironically both were headhunters like Ali who backed up in straight lines. Ali burned too much energy running and would be less effective against patient boxers with alltime great power and more athletically and mentally inclined than him.

Size matters to early era forums when Ali idolators was claim he was too big for Joe Louis when that size advantage was 1" in height and 5-10lbs in weight.

Yeah, I know, laughable and they sure had me in stitches . Them was the days!
                  the non existent claimants to ali being too big for louis has you in stitches?

Comment

- -Existentially, yup sir, gallupin' guffaws pealed the cybernet with squeals of delight.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                      I don't know about that. Wlad control of distance is better than anyone ali fought. And Ali wasn't really a Bob and weave guy he was a guy who liked to control distance himself.

Ali could stalemate klitschko with his foots peed and stay out of range but in range klitschko has an ATG jab himself and has a big height and reach advantage. He can also land his jab from half way across the ring.

Someone who can get low and come under Wlad jab would be a nightmare for him (I'm thinking Tyson)
                      Vlad controlling distance? Is that what all the clinching was called?

Vlad needs to be set to throw... That also ain't happening against Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X