Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Wilder's Manager Called, Says Fury Trilogy is Likely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good and smart move for Wilder.

Truth is he's not going to get as big of a pqy day or fight for a title anywhere else. Also, this is still HW division so he has a punches chance always. Even if he get a beat up again, it's worth the risk.

Fans might not like it, but it is still the best move out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
      Bomb Squad has always been Shet Squad...losing 15 rounds out of 17 in 2 fights and you say minor adjustments?? LMFAO! one trick pony going nowhere
      Yeah, we all heard that he wasn't shit. So why the fuck are you fanboys hyping up Fury's win over so much then; Against a limited fundamentally sound fighter who cannot box?

Who the fuck celebrate that type of shit? Fury did what he was supposed to do? He was always the naturally wider, bigger and stronger fighter with more skill and boxing in his genes.

Wilder took up the sport late as an alternative to raise money for his sick daughter and look at all he has achieved in his career being this little black boy from Tuscaloosa, AL with hardly any amateur pedigree or boxing in his genes?

He is your classic overachiever who was the least likely to ever succeed in this sport but he did. I don't care that he did lose. He is still a Hell of a man and a Hell of a fighter and I am proud of him.

Comment

• Wilder is a very lucky man indeed. Won a vacant title against a bum and defended it against bums for years while avoiding all the legit challengers out there and making good money in the process. He just made huge money to set him up for life. He doesn't need to humiliate himself or harm himself any further. Walk away and enjoy your life, you have been exposed. If he had been around in the 90's or even during the height of the Klits reign he would have been nowhere near a title and not made the living he has.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Yeah, we all heard that he wasn't shit. So why the fuck are you fanboys hyping up Fury's win over so much then; Against a limited fundamentally sound fighter who cannot box?

Who the fuck celebrate that type of shit? Fury did what he was supposed to do? He was always the naturally wider, bigger and stronger fighter with more skill and boxing in his genes.

Wilder took up the sport late as an alternative to raise money for his sick daughter and look at all he has achieved in his career being this little black boy from Tuscaloosa, AL with hardly any amateur pedigree or boxing in his genes?

He is your classic overachiever who was the least likely to ever succeed in this sport but he did. I don't care that he did lose. He is still a Hell of a man and a Hell of a fighter and I am proud of him.
          go kiss your poster

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

I'm not a fanboy or am I hyping Fury's win, seen it coming long ago, didn't get caught up in Wilder's trashy, baddest man on the planet shet talk, throat slashing hype from an undeveloped, low talent, overachiever, old man tomato can beater. Truth is, somebody within his circle should have kept him humble. By the way, were you surprised with the shet excuses the Shet Squad was spilling after the fight in the interview?? That's what happens to hype when you get exposed, nothing but excuses!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
              I'm not a fanboy or am I hyping Fury's win, seen it coming long ago, didn't get caught up in Wilder's trashy, baddest man on the planet shet talk, throat slashing hype from an undeveloped, low talent, overachiever, old man tomato can beater. Truth is, somebody within his circle should have kept him humble. By the way, were you surprised with the shet excuses the Shet Squad was spilling after the fight in the interview?? That's what happens to hype when you get exposed, nothing but excuses!!
              I thought he was a gracious as ever under the circumstances. Sure, he was disappointed and hurt that he did not get the win but he did acknowledge Fury's performance and the audience for coming out to support the event.

The only modicum of criticism you can say about Wilder was when he said he had trouble with his legs before the fight but other than that he did give Tyson Fury is full credit and props for the victory. That's what champions do. They handle losses with both style, grace and class.

Comment

• Originally posted by thereeldeel View Post

It makes sense for him to fight Fury again straight away.
                To wait for the AJ Fury winner would take almost 2 years because AJ has 2 mandatories before he can even consider unifying against Fury (which means Wilder could fight the winner in late 2021 at the earliest).
                A third matchup would still make big dollars and would set Wilder up for life without having to go back to fighting bums.
                And off course if he beats Fury a mega showdown with AJ awaits.
                I believe Wilder is now setup for life financially. The guarantee for the fight just fought was $25 million and depending on PPVs could wind up being $40 million (for Wilder and Fury each). Wilder is wanting the rematch based on pride and as we all know "Pride goes before a fall."

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
                  Where’s the money coming from? The fan demand for this fight is pretty low

Wilder would be lucky to get even 40% of the purse he just got. Fury will demand a massive amount, and there’d be less overall

Wilder may be better getting a mandatory shot at the winner of Fury/Joshua if he wants to maximise his pay. Weighing risk/reward, promoters will likely find that Wilder is very likely to lose again, which will probably spell the end of his career
                  I believe the rematch clause gives the winner (Fury) 60% and the loser (Wilder) 40% of whatever the eventual total purses would be. Honestly I don't believe their next fight will have anywhere near either the live gate or PPVs of the fight that just occurred. They'll both make money just not as much. Is it worth it to Wilder to risk a more sever beating for the sake of pride or a bit more money, I hope not.

Comment

• Originally posted by zok310 View Post
                    He better of just calling for the 3rd fight, then sit around and wait for dazn and espn to pay him step a side money to allow unification.
                    The rematch he may lose his life.
                    Also shame Finkle and his trainer is trying to cash him out.
                    From a purely rational standpoint I agree with you 100%. The question though is Wilder going to be rational or is it to him a matter of self-pride? I don't believe Wilder looks too far down the road. He envisions himself vanquishing his conqueror. The reality, which he won't accept is that Fury is too big and too talented that he (Wilder) would probably suffer an even more humiliating defeat.
                    Last edited by OldTerry; 02-24-2020, 03:18 PM. Reason: Correcting grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunitsmith View Post
                      First of all I paid to see a boxing match. Not a 275 lb man lay all over a 230 lb man and maul him. I was actually pulling for Fury,but didn't care for his tactics in this fight. Still,hats off to him for winning. But as a boxing match I found it lackluster yet entertaining.

I also thought the stoppage was premature. Wilder had his gloves up and was still dangerous. He was blocking or partially blocking most of what Fury was throwing while in the corner. His head wasn't being rocked. He was damaged,but not defenseless.

As far as rematch, Wilder definitely will take it. That green belt means something to him,as it should. Those green $$ do too. I respect Wilder for his heart and ability to come as far as he has with his skill set. Anyone calling him a bum should step into the ring with him. I would not count him out in the rematch.

However, one advantage Fury will always have is size. And that differential in size and overall talent will be a tough obstacle for Wilder to overcome. Peace.
                      Was Fury's size as much as his talent that beat Wilder. He used his size (along with other tactics) to exhaust Wilder and truth be told that is what a fighter should do if it helps wins the fight. This is one of the differences that separate professional boxing from the amateurs. Fury set out on a mission to not only win but to humiliate Deontay and he succeeded. Fury has a mean streak for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X