Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Wilder's Manager Called, Says Fury Trilogy is Likely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slip&Counter View Post
    Dude, the rematch is happening. It’s toooo much money to leave on the table. And if the rematch doesn’t happen... the Fury vs Joshua fight is for sure going down. Wilder has confidence in that right bomb anyway. He probably wants the rematch.
    Oh I’m sure he wants it... my point is it’s not happening next.

Comment

Originally posted by thereeldeel View Post

It makes sense for him to fight Fury again straight away.
      To wait for the AJ Fury winner would take almost 2 years because AJ has 2 mandatories before he can even consider unifying against Fury (which means Wilder could fight the winner in late 2021 at the earliest).
      A third matchup would still make big dollars and would set Wilder up for life without having to go back to fighting bums.
      And off course if he beats Fury a mega showdown with AJ awaits.
      It’s likely Joshua wouldn’t need to fight 2 mandatories. He’ll have to fight Pulev, but the WBO won’t step in front of a mega fight like Fury/Joshua

Even with Pulev, he’s a Top Rank fighter. Arum could pull him out of the IBF sanction altogether allowing the fight to go ahead

Comment

After that severe clobbering I'd expect Wilder back in training straight away. Normally I'd say take some time off but that may be detrimental in a business sense as he will be left behind by Fury and AJ. Wilder has not taken much punishment overall in his career and will recover but if he returns to the same methods then his goose is cooked. He needs a serious overhaul off his team and needs to really focus on adding new tools to his game. I don't subscribe to the thinking that it is too late to learn. I'm very curious to see how someone like him rebounds from this humiliation.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          A trilogy is dumb

Even if the Alabama Bum wins the 3rd fight, they will then need a 4th fight to ''really'' decide whose better.
          Wilder would actually need to win 3 and 4 to tie and have a 5th fight to decide the winner

Comment

Originally posted by Slip&Counter View Post
            Dude, the rematch is happening. It’s toooo much money to leave on the table. And if the rematch doesn’t happen... the Fury vs Joshua fight is for sure going down. Wilder has confidence in that right bomb anyway. He probably wants the rematch.
            Where’s the money coming from? The fan demand for this fight is pretty low

Wilder would be lucky to get even 40% of the purse he just got. Fury will demand a massive amount, and there’d be less overall

Wilder may be better getting a mandatory shot at the winner of Fury/Joshua if he wants to maximise his pay. Weighing risk/reward, promoters will likely find that Wilder is very likely to lose again, which will probably spell the end of his career

Comment

Originally posted by jamallee View Post
              Wilder would actually need to win 3 and 4 to tie and have a 5th fight to decide the winner
              The Alabama Bum will need all of the pay days he can get

6'7'' version of Broner (minus the rap sheet)

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                A trilogy is dumb

Even if the Alabama Bum wins the 3rd fight, they will then need a 4th fight to ''really'' decide whose better.
                Except that's not going to happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
                  Except that's not going to happen...
                  There is a rematch clause so who knows

Comment

All makes sense now. Wilder threw the fight so they can cash in on a trilogy!!!

Comment

Who else are his other options?
                      Winkel will do everything to avoid dealing with Hearn.
                      Fury is the only salvation he and Wilder got.

Comment

Working...
                      X