Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Any Heavyweight Had A Clean 3 Fight Sweep ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    Not sure on this one but has any heavyweight not lose one fight ,fighting the same guy 3 times ? Yes the first farce was ruled a draw but talking real a third fight and Wilder losing is 3 strikes .
    - -Kiddie opinions irrelevant re wilder.

Tommy Burns KOed Bill Squires x3 in Canada, Paris, and Australia title fights.

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/39902

Jack Johnson beat Sandy Ferguson and Joe Jeannette in their first 3 encounters. Plenty more fighters to bother with.

Comment

Ray Robinson fought LaMotta 6 times and only lost once. Back in the day it was common for fighters to fight the same guy again and again.

Comment

It's rare when they have 3 fights if the same guy wins the first two. It's rare they have a rematch when a guy wins every round so easily and then gets the KO as well.

Comment

Ignore the contract for a second.

This would never qualify for a trilogy. I can't think of a less interesting trilogy.

I know that strictly speaking Wilder can level the series, but come on, the winner is proven now. There's no need to go back.

Someone has to find a way out of this. Surely there's enough money in an AJ v Fury fight to pay Haymon off? And Wilder can run around claiming Fury ducked the third fight.

Maybe that's the play from Wilder. Exercise a rematch no-one wants and take the easy money.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
            Ray Robinson fought LaMotta 6 times and only lost once. Back in the day it was common for fighters to fight the same guy again and again.
            Did you guys even read the thread , I said heavyweight . Aren’t you the same guy that questions my prediction of that Fury fight wanting proof and I posted a post I did saying Fury knocks him out by mid rounds ?

Comment

Did you guys even read the thread , I said heavyweight . Aren’t you the same guy that questions my prediction of that Fury fight wanting proof and I posted a post I did saying Fury knocks him out by mid rounds ?
              Did you read my second sentence? If anyone digs into the past they will find plenty of examples.

And I suggested you provide proof of your pick because you were bragging about it. I wasn’t calling you a liar. Just helping you out because a lot of bragadocious types are lying and it has been realized. Proof along with the brag seems to be the winning formula in order to be taken seriously. You’re welcome.

Comment

Not sure on this one but has any heavyweight not lose one fight ,fighting the same guy 3 times ? Yes the first farce was ruled a draw but talking real a third fight and Wilder losing is 3 strikes .
                AJ vs Fury; Who you got?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                  Did you read my second sentence? If anyone digs into the past they will find plenty of examples.

And I suggested you provide proof of your pick because you were bragging about it. I wasn’t calling you a liar. Just helping you out because a lot of bragadocious types are lying and it has been realized. Proof along with the brag seems to be the winning formula in order to be taken seriously. You’re welcome.
                  I’m pretty sure I’m taking more seriously then you on here junior ,funny you call bragging something I was answering about having detailed talking to someone else, you give me green K not long ago for telling the truth but then question it ,real logic son and yea I read your second sentence but it still has no meaning to what I asked ? Ha
                  Last edited by REDEEMER; 02-27-2020, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    AJ vs Fury; Who you got?
                    AJ will win .

Comment

I’m pretty sure I’m taking more seriously then you on here junior ,funny you call bragging something I was answering about having detailed talking to someone else ? Ha
                      Didn’t know it was a competition. And I’m on the fence about whether I should take you seriously so I’m sure there are plenty who don’t. Not here to throw a wrench in anyone’s business. Just here to help things along.

And I could easily answer your little trivia question. You’ll notice that I never partake in these types of threads though. I just point people in the right direction because it would be annoying if one guy dominated the forum with his little factoids. Would be especially annoying if he was your junior.

Comment

Working...
                      X