No announcement yet.

Is Fedor Still The GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    Fedor was amazing to watch but he didn't take his training seriously and he didn't evolve as the sport evolved. He didn't have the world class training that some of the top fighters now have.

I think Jon Jones has surpassed him as the GOAT.
    You mean the same "world class training" that made Conor Mcgregor gas out after only 5 rounds? And had Cain Velasquez gassing out after the first round of literally every one of his fights? Fedor used to fight a full 10 minute pride first round without gassing and he never gassed in the 5 minute 2nd or 3rd round either.

Fedor trained harder than anyone in MMA.

Comment

Greatest of all time is subjective more in MMA than any other sport because champs and so many different level athletes come and go. Fedor has never had a successful cage career as far as being in an actual cage so with me that effects his overall standings as he's not really proven in a cage which does change the fight dynamic. Fedor was champion in pride for 3 years against lesser competition than what the UFC became after 2005...so again its a subjective opinion. I would personally put JJ/GSP over him. Add the level of actual relevance of opponents when they won. IF somehow he comes back and manages a meaningful win and gets a UFC win over someone I think is relevant ,a bigger case can be made because hes older now and past his prime obviously, but until then........you should have him top 5 for sure just on longetivity of winning.

Comment

Who did Jones beat to be considered GOAT aside from Gus (its either way), Evans and DC?

Were shot rampage, journeymen bader and texeira, middleweights sonnen, belfort, machida and shotter than shot rua, notable wins for him to be considered goat?

Comment

According to the UFC official GOAT rankings:

1. Ronda Rousey
          2. Conor McGregor
          3. Anderson Silva
          4. Jon Jones

GSP had the balls to call out Dana White on his bull****, so he's been shunned by the UFC.

Comment

I would say yes.

Fedor
            GSP
            Anderson
            Jones

In that order for GOAT IMO.

Comment

I think Fedor, but tough to really say!!

Comment

Yeah and if Jones comes back, wins the light heavy strap again, defends it a bunch more times and then does well at heavyweight, I guess we could call him the GOAT then huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Yeah and if Jones comes back, wins the light heavy strap again, defends it a bunch more times and then does well at heavyweight, I guess we could call him the GOAT then huh?
                  yes

for now though, leading man for the gram 4 gram GOAT

Comment

Working...
                  X