No announcement yet.

Is Fedor Still The GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Fedor Still The GOAT?

So yeah, just wondering if Fedor is still considered the GOAT, because when Anderson Silva was dominant, I kept hearing his name, but I guess now it's Fedor again, since his dominance lasted longer? What's the consensus on this?

As of right now, between Anderson Silva and Fedor, I think that more people would say Fedor is the GOAT, especially since Anderson's rep was tainted by his failed drug tests IMO.

Others would argue for GSP and even Jon Jones as being GOAT but for me, no one dominated the HW MMA world like Fedor did. He was undefeated for 10 years in his prime and beat many well-known HW fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
      As of right now, between Anderson Silva and Fedor, I think that more people would say Fedor is the GOAT, especially since Anderson's rep was tainted by his failed drug tests IMO.

Others would argue for GSP and even Jon Jones as being GOAT but for me, no one dominated the HW MMA world like Fedor did. He was undefeated for 10 years in his prime and beat many well-known HW fighters.
      Aldo also went undefeated for a decade and very arguably beat a better caliber of opposition than Fedor.

Anyway, I do think Jones or GSP is the GOAT, with Fedor, Silva and Aldo up next but I can't decide between them.
      Last edited by BennyST; 04-10-2016, 05:26 AM.

Comment

At this point, I'd say Fedor is the best. He beat the best fighters around for years and was often undersized too. He beat the likes of Hunt, Arlovski, Cro Cop who are around today and kicking ass (Cro Cop probably not so much). The way he did it was also stellar.

I like to see fighters, who are against it in a way come and show why they are so great. Look at Jones, it's widely reported that he barely trained and was partying his ass off when he beat Gus. GSP beat 3 generations of WW's. Aldo is phenomenal but he need to avenge his humiliating loss v McGregor imo. Love Silva's style when he's aggressive, awesome to watch but I think people score him very high because of his style and the way he finished people rather than WHO he finished.

I think when it's all said and done, Jones could be the ATG if he gets his **** together. The man is THAT good. He could go up to HW and be successful if he does it the right way. It's a pick'em between them tbh, depends on what you value more in their style and resume. There isn't a consensus #1 for a reason, far too subjective.

Comment

I find GOAT talk silly & highly subjective with different timelines, different weight divisions & different options available that its hard to measure guys against each other in a real way. I would say I think Silva was the most unbeatable MMA guy I've seen at his peak.

Comment

Fedor it is for me then. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Jon Jones....

Comment

Fedor, GSP, Jon Jones

Hard to choose from.

But realistically, Jon Jones is the craziest mofo... he needs to sort his life out

Comment

Fedor was amazing to watch but he didn't take his training seriously and he didn't evolve as the sport evolved. He didn't have the world class training that some of the top fighters now have.

I think Jon Jones has surpassed him as the GOAT.

Comment

I've watched since 2005 and I've got to say I've been more impressed with Fedor more than any other fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X