No announcement yet.

How does one stop smoking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dempsey-Roll View Post
    I wanted to stop a while back, and one thing that helped was switching to vaping. Vaping made it easier for me not to smoke cigarettes anymore. The different flavours were a big help because they tasted good and made me not miss smoking.
    Something about her forehead doesn’t suit my tastes

Comment

I smoked off and on for years and always quit cold turkey until 2022 when I quit by using a vape instead. It worked, but then I was just addicted to vaping. It was less nicotine, but it was so much easier to smoke those, so I did so much more. Then at the beginning of this year I got on Chantix and that was the best and most successful method I had ever tried and I'm confident I'm not going back now!

Comment

Vaping is a great way to quit smoking but it is equally as addictive as I've found out over the past 14 years of daily vaping.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Sorry to hear that TonyGe. Back in the day in San Francisco, while attending grad school no less... My wife and I were wild. Every drug you can think of we did, and some, on the regular. I classifed our use into two categories: There was stupid use... things like smoking, heroine, cocaine, speed... and then there was drugs that were part of a greater social experience for us. MDMA, Ecstacy (I had a chemist friend who made special batches for us) Mushrooms (my spiritual guide! lol) LSd, etc... Hash and eating speed could be either or... sometimes we had some real nice social outings.

We never did any of these to a point where we were addicted but I had a fellow friend, tripper, who had worked for years in addiction stuff. I also had some experience as a Psych worker on an acute unit, where we often recieved people who were addicts...

My friend made the point that ALL these drugs, despite being simple, follow a similar mechanism of addiction. Interesting enough, someone else in the field also told me that pot is the worse drug to stop because unlike most drugs it attaches to more types of brain and nerve cells... So again, in reality the severity of a drug and it's pull was not necessarily how enticing it is. The mechanism for addiction is all the same.

With that said I would encourage you to not lose hope, not assume that being addicted to any drug is acceptable, and to sit down and break down the system of how your addiction works. The only drug I ever had to withdraw from was for an injury and I gave an account of the process. It can be brutal...

Good luck!
          I just smoke j homegrown and order sushi plate.

My weed guy is from Hokkaido and just grows great weed, only deals with a few customers…

And he magically puts them in between ritz crackers

His granny makes her own hemp and weaves it on an old loom.

billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Easy: Take a gasoline bath then think really hard about lighting up that death stick

Comment

By putting down the cigarettes, that's how.

Comment

Working...
              X