Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Jones jabs Khabib fans: 15-4, and you guys are talking about the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
    You dont rate the Poirier, Gaethje and RDA wins?

Gaethje I think was being a little overrated going into the Khabib fight, hes good but I think he caught a 36 year old Tony on the downslide.

Poirier imo is a p4p top 10 level talent these days. And RDA has picked up some really good wins over the years, he went on probably the strongest streak of his career right after Khabib beat him too.
    I was open minded to Gaethje, I never thought much of him and didn’t expect him to beat Khabib either but he looked like James Irvin 2.0 with that display.

The one Silva knocked out with 1 punch in his first fight at 205. That was Gaethje against Khabib.

I don’t rate Poirier. RDA, I admit I am on the fence with that one.

Did Khabib beat RDA when he was being touted as the next Jose Aldo? Or after that hype died? Because I can rate it, if it was before we found out RDA wasn’t all that.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      I was open minded to Gaethje, I never thought much of him and didn’t expect him to beat Khabib either but he looked like James Irvin 2.0 with that display.

The one Silva knocked out with 1 punch in his first fight at 205. That was Gaethje against Khabib.

I don’t rate Poirier. RDA, I admit I am on the fence with that one.

Did Khabib beat RDA when he was being touted as the next Jose Aldo? Or after that hype died? Because I can rate it, if it was before we found out RDA wasn’t all that.
      I think a lot of Gaethje looking bad was just on Khabib being so good though. I think Justin couldnt handle the pressure (physically or mentally) and broke down very quickly once he realised how out of his depth he was. I doubt any LW right now could be remotely competitive with Khabib tbh, hes just on a different level.

RDA is washed up now but he was on a 5 fight streak when Khabib fought him and then after that went on an even better 5 fight streak which included beating Bendo, Cerrone, Nate and Sergio Pettis. I would put the RDA win at least on par with the Gaethje one, probably ahead of it.

Poirier has built up a very good resume. KOs over Gaethje and Alvarez, beat Holloway twice. I think him and (assuming hes still close to what he used to be) Conor are the best LWs now that Khabib is gone.

Comment

Jones needs to relax. Some fans are just excited after that dominant display by Khabib and are basking in the afteglow of that performance. Give it some time and everyone else will place him properly, like those in the know already have. GOAT lightweight. Jones can still lay claim to being the best at light heavy. Whose better all time there right now? Ortiz? Liddell? Jones was on top longer, with 11 combined title defenses.

Comment

Working...
        X