No announcement yet.

Khabib Retires...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
    The fight fell through 5 times. It was cursed.
    I don't believe in curses, but that fight was definitely cursed.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Is/was there anyone at there that could beat him that a casual wouldn’t know ?
      Justin WAS that guy to most fans. Tony was that guy til he lost to Justin. There isn't anyone on the rise who is perceived as a threat anytime soon to Khabib.

There was talk of GSP coming back to fight Khabib & while GSP is old & inactive he was a guy some small minority thought could potentially beat Khabib cuz he's a bigger guy & a legend himself. I suspected GSP was going to Khabib's retirement fight tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Justin WAS that guy to most fans. Tony was that guy til he lost to Justin. There isn't anyone on the rise who is perceived as a threat anytime soon to Khabib.

There was talk of GSP coming back to fight Khabib & while GSP is old & inactive he was a guy some small minority thought could potentially beat Khabib cuz he's a bigger guy & a legend himself. I suspected GSP was going to Khabib's retirement fight tbh.
        Good point. Still a hell of a career. Is it safe to say Khabib will at least be considered the GOAT lightweight in MMA now?

Comment

I'm disappointed because hes stopping just short of being at that Mt Rushmore Jones/GSP/Anderson/Fedor level imo. Another few years and 3-4 more quality wins would have done it. As it stands his record just doesnt have enough depth yet and he didnt have that long period of dominating his division the way the GOAT candidates did.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Then try again. He didn't fight everyone.
            Each time it failed cost the UFC money.

Each time previously they tried to make it Tony was on a massive win streak and deserved the shot.

Now however he's coming off a brutal loss so it's not as attractive fight even though I really wanted to see it.

It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

No one fight everyone. Khabib choked out 3 of the top 4 guys before retiring and just beat the guy who destroyed Tony.

Props to Khabib the Lightweight goat

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
              Each time it failed cost the UFC money.

Each time previously they tried to make it Tony was on a massive win streak and deserved the shot.

Now however he's coming off a brutal loss so it's not as attractive fight even though I really wanted to see it.

It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

No one fight everyone. Khabib choked out 3 of the top 4 guys before retiring and just beat the guy who destroyed Tony.

Props to Khabib the Lightweight goat
              Yeah props he has to be the top lightweight of all time, at least. And like I said before, good points. I don't blame the guy now for not wanting to fight without his father either.

Comment

Comment

Stop it bruh. He looked great vs Tony & Tony ain't no bum. Tony was 2nd best to Justin & Justin was 2nd best to Khabib is all it was. This your the man or a complete bum stuff is wonky logic.
                  That’s not really it.

He went in and capitulated as if he was a C level fighter. He didn’t even make it a fight. Got taken down, immediately gave up his back, rolled over into the triangle and gave up damn near before picking Khabib up.

All that hype, all his talk, and goes out there like that?

That’s the prototypical mma bum performance if I ever seen it before. Won’t be surprised if he disappears.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    That’s not really it.

He went in and capitulated as if he was a C level fighter. He didn’t even make it a fight. Got taken down, immediately gave up his back, rolled over into the triangle and gave up damn near before picking Khabib up.

All that hype, all his talk, and goes out there like that?

That’s the prototypical mma bum performance if I ever seen it before. Won’t be surprised if he disappears.
                    Sometimes it goes down like that. Ain't a bum thing. It's a Khabib is on a whole other level thing.

The hype sh^t is standard. They are supposed to hype sh^t regardless. If some fans start believing the hype too much that's on them.

Comment

Sometimes it goes down like that. Ain't a bum thing. It's a Khabib is on a whole other level thing.

The hype sh^t is standard. They are supposed to hype sh^t regardless. If some fans start believing the hype too much that's on them.
                      I just don’t see Khabib as that good though.

He’s like a Matt Hughes lite to me. Or a Sean Sherk.

Gaethje could’ve at least made it a fight though. Some dudes get blanketed by GSP but at the same time make it fights like Hendricks or Condit etc.

So for me, it’s not that he lost to Khabub. It’s that Gaethje really went out there awestruck like Donald Cerrone in every big fight he gets.

Comment

Working...
                      X