No announcement yet.

Cyborg's Mystery Training Partner Revealed To Be BJ Penn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyborg's Mystery Training Partner Revealed To Be BJ Penn

LAS VEGAS — It was “The Prodigy” all along!

Cris Cyborg brought a masked man with her to UFC 222 open workouts Thursday at MGM Grand, ahead of her main event women’s featherweight title defense against Yana Kunitskaya. Cyborg did some grappling with the masked man — who revealed himself to be the legendary BJ Penn.

Both Cyborg and Penn are students of boxing coach Jason Parillo in Orange County, Calif.

Is Penn still considered the GOAT lightweight? And do you think he'll stay away from competing for good? Fought twice last year after about a 3 year layoff.
    Last edited by Anthony342; 03-02-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Is Penn still considered the GOAT lightweight? And do you think he'll stay away from competing for good? Fought twice last year after about a 3 year layoff.
      I think he's looking for a big payday before going away for good.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        I think he's looking for a big payday before going away for good.
        Ah, but still considered the all time best lightweight? I imagine so, since he was so skilled in his prime. And doesn't sound like Khabib will stick around long enough to surpass him.

Comment

Ah, but still considered the all time best lightweight? I imagine so, since he was so skilled in his prime. And doesn't sound like Khabib will stick around long enough to surpass him.
          Each champion has only managed to defend it a few times. If Khabib beats Ferguson, in terms of resume he could claim that title.

Comment

Eh, it's close. You could make an argument. In the prime of his career, only about 2-3 years into his run, doe, he got absolutely picked to pieces by Edgar.

What isn't up for debate about Penn, is that he helped the game evolve VERY fast.

His boxing at one time was considered to be great, even Freddie Roach said he thought Penn had great boxing.

And of course his grappling was always known to be amazing.

He showed that you need to be world class in more than just one area to truly be an elite fighter for a long time in the game.

And when it comes to POUND For POUND, he's among the best all-time when you look at the crazy weight ranges he's fought, and how he held his own against Machida, when Penn weighed in a huge and bloated 190ish LOL vs Machida's 225.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              Each champion has only managed to defend it a few times. If Khabib beats Ferguson, in terms of resume he could claim that title.
              What if Khabib wins the title and only defends it once, then retires, like his manager said he might do?

Comment

This is hilarious.

But I really wished BJ retired after the Diaz fight. He just racked up unnecessary losses since. And the fact that he lost to Siver who is also past it himself tells you how far gone BJ is.

Comment

Working...
                X