Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Mitrione opens as betting favorite to win Bellator heavyweight tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Bader is going to win this as weird as that felt to type. I think Chael is going to beat Rampage sadly as well

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      It's like an entire tourney of shot to hell fighters.
      Really...it makes Bellator look like a league of left-overs. I seldom watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        It's like an entire tourney of shot to hell fighters.

Yeah, those were my first thoughts. At least when Strikeforce did ther HW grand prix a few years back, they had a mix of old and legit prime contenders and Cormier ended up winning.

Bellator's HW tournament should still be a fun event though. But this event is just a clear example of them being minor league compared to the UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          True.

They can't compete with the UFC in terms of salary, but I'd hoped they'd concentrate more on up-and-comers than older guys the UFC released.

The one advantage they have is sponsorships. While the UFC has strict rules on it, Bellator has an open system that allows fighters to fully cash-in.

Fighters can, and do, make more money on sponsorships than they do for fighting, if they aren't making top-tier money.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw the last two Ken Shamrock main events, in Bellator cards vs. Kimbo Slice and Royce Gracie. I don't know how the hell Shamrock didn't put away Slice. No bribe to throw a fight is worth that. He's an idiot if that's true. And the Gracie fight sucked because of the controversy, but I doubt they'll do a rematch, but you never know with Ken. Hell, Dan Severn tried to make a comeback the last couple years. The guy is so old, he has a son wrestling now and over 100 wins, so might be time to keep the gloves hung up for good. I would say Dan has the most wins of any significant MMA fighter in history, since that Travis Fulton guy is the very definition of a compiler. Over 250 wins and none against anyone of note.

Comment

Working...
            X