No announcement yet.

Ufc 217

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VicariousVice View Post
    This is going to be a very un-popular opinion and... it's mainly due the fact that this card was so unbelievable... literally...

did anyone else feel a bit like there was some... "workings" going on here?

Just throwing it out there.

I'm just shocked that Garbrandt went down throwing that sloppy combo and GSP sunk in that RNC so easily with literally NO resistance from Pissbing...

Maybe I'm crazy.
    Yes. You are crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      GSP vs Conor McGregor @170 lbs 2018...Cha Ching
      Thats a bad fight for their money man.

McGregor is an elite striker, great at TDD and good in scramble.

But he is weak at everything GSP is good at.

Good size difference too. If GSP lays on top he wont have issue ground and pound like he had tonight vs Bisping.

Comment

Rose been thru some shioit and she put it all into that punch you could tell. Joanna was reaching that untouchable level so not surprised an Aldo happened. Shell be back for sure.

Dillashaw Cody wa so fn sick but I picked tj because Cody gets too ****y and is always seen partying. Tj is the future. Hard to guard somebody who switches stances regularly.

GSP shocked me I bet $10 he'd lose but he is a one of a kind. Glad bisping lost so we don't hear him bragging about 2 life & death wins over shot fighters and a giy coming off a 3 yr layoff.

And ad I expected he's gonna fight woodley then Connor. Glad he looks elite tho

GSP is the GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by FightLikeABroad View Post
          Thats a bad fight for their money man.

McGregor is an elite striker, great at TDD and good in scramble.

But he is weak at everything GSP is good at.

Good size difference too. If GSP lays on top he wont have issue ground and pound like he had tonight vs Bisping.
          http://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/8...ichael-Bisping

Georges St-Pierre next fight: GSP to call out Conor McGregor after Michael Bisping fight

GSP will end his four-year hiatus from the sport tonight when he takes on middleweight champion Michael Bisping.

But the contest has seen the Canadian bulk up from welterweight, where he was the champion for six years, to take on a man who is seen as one of the promotion’s weaker champions.

And GSP is expected, should he secure a win tonight, to call out McGregor in the Octagon in an effort to tempt him back to UFC.

The Irishman is yet to reveal his next move after a foray into the boxing world, culminating in a financially lucrative defeat to Floyd Mayweather.

However, his coach John Kavanagh has refused to rule out a clash with GSP in the Octagon.

“It would be great, I would love it,” Kavanagh told the Daily Star.

“I’m a GSP fan. I think he’s done great things.

“But I do think he’s got a very big mountain to climb in Bisping.

“I think a lot of people are overlooking Bisping. And that would be a mistake.

“Look at the win streak he’s on. Beating [Luke] Rockhold and [Dan] Henderson and [Anderson] Silva. He just seems to put away these greats.

“So you have to respect that.

“I’m very interested to see how the fight goes. Like I said, at this stage, nothing would surprise me.”

And GSP’s boxing coach Freddie Roach has also fanned the flames of the GSP vs McGregor rumours.

"McGregor is a ****y kid and he did OK in his fight against Floyd Mayweather," Roach told ESPN.

“I would just say OK [to him fighting GSP].

"I would enjoy that fight and I would like to see that fight happen.

“It's possible."

Comment

Like I said the other day to a friend of mine, this event would have plenty of twists and turns.

Comment

George St. Pierre looked great in his return to the octagon. Bisping wasn't dominated but he was certainly out classed. Its going to be interesting to see where George goes from here and how he develops under the tutelage of Freddie Roach. That left hook was pure money.

Comment

GSP makes me proud to be a fan of MMA. It was a sad day as fan to see him walk away from the sport and seeing how that piece of **** Dana White threw him under the bus literally a minute after GSP announced he gonna walk away from making Dana White more money.

But like a true champ, he put all BS aside and came back to win in style.

Comment

Respect to the new champion Thug Rose, I was dead wrong with my prediction. I doubted her and didn't give her any chance outside of grinding out a submission.

I was glad to see Dillashaw win and it was his durability and having more diverse striking that won him the fight. Cody is the better boxer between the two, but Dillashaw knows how to mix in kicks and knees much better, he's much more unpredictable. I thought the war would last longer, but it was really fun while it lasted. Garbrandt showed he can get to Dillashaw and put him in his ass, Dillashaw is a hard guy to time, but even harder to keep him down.

Cody vs. Cruz was close, but Dillashaw vs.Cruz was closer. I want to see a rematch between any combination of the three at some point, but if Dillashaw can make weight healthy against Mighty Mouse, that would be a great fight. Wouldn't even mind a 130 catchweight.

Comment

I don't like Cody or TJ but sheesh. I got nothing to say about that one.

Very surprised about Joanna because she didn't fight like how she normally fights. Then I thought, maybe it's because the bald broad didn't just sit in front of Joanna and let her Tee off. Then I really got to thinking, perhaps Joanna just isn't very smart? Technique is great but he IQ must be schit because anyone with a high fight IQ would've adjusted to a person not letting you treat them like a punching bag. Instead Joanna fights off the back foot, never really getting into the fight and then bam, good night.

GSP though. It looked like he was really just messing around. I know that isn't true but it looked like he had zero problems standing with Bisping and he only tried takedowns to get used to taking people down again. It really appeared that way to me. He didn't even have to take Bisping down but he did.

GSP is the man though. Got damn sleeping pill is really a class act. Praise.

Comment

MMA fighters all seem so chinny. You never see fights ending so quickly in succession in boxing. In MMA, a punch only grazes them and they're falling all over the octagon already.

Comment

Working...
                      X