No announcement yet.

Stipe vs Overeem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stipe vs Overeem

Might as well ,its around the corner......

What a hard pick b/c this really is who catches who first.Overeem is inconsistent but has been on point and Stipe has weaknesses that Overeem can exploit with the right fight plan. I like Stipe and wouldn't mind seeing him get the win but Overeem I think is the more well rounded guy and his striking is a bit harder to figure out and is made for up right fighters who tend to drop their hands,very amateur mistakes Stipe makes but his speed makes up for it.

Overeem will capitalize on them and I see overeem landing a flush left hook ,the same one that dropped JDS. Overeem has TDD and is the better inside clincher with the knees he will be able to dictate more on how this fight is fought.

Im going with the more pro like kick boxer against the solid basic boxer Stipe. I don't expect this one to go long. Its a 50/50 fight b/c Reem can get clipped and he has been known to go down,however Stipes weakness are mui thai/kick boxing types and Overeem has hands to go with it with tons of experience.

Overeem by K.o rnd 2

Overeem has been fighting pretty smart in his last couple of fights. Stipe can end it all with one shot, but the recent cautious version of Overeem doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

It would be nice to have a consistent heavyweight champ for once, but I hope Overeem wins and that's who I'm picking.

Comment

Really looking forward to this fight. Really like Stipe, kinda hate Overeem, but its hard to deny Overeem has been looking good & has been fighting very smart as of late with a good read on whats working or not working & his own strength's & weaknesses & navigating his way to wins accordingly. On the other hand Stipe still seems largely undefined in what he is or isn't going to be capable of in the cage to me.

So that info out there I'm really split on this fight & I'm not very confident with any pick at this point although as we get closer to fight time that may change. But with how split I feel right now I kinda doubt it & will just be enjoying this fight & whatever happens to go down in the cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        Overeem has been fighting pretty smart in his last couple of fights. Stipe can end it all with one shot, but the recent cautious version of Overeem doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

It would be nice to have a consistent heavyweight champ for once, but I hope Overeem wins and that's who I'm picking.
        Don't hold your breath on a consistant champion because I don't think either of these guys are going to beat Cain.It will switch hands either way. I can see this title switching from one champ to another for the next 3 years at least unless Cain sticks around.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          It would be nice to have a consistent heavyweight champ for once
          I'm honestly not sure if its possible. MMA in general has more ways to win or lose which makes any long reign difficult at any weight, but with the big guys & those lil ass gloves the first HW who gets 4 title fight wins in a row will probably be crowned the greatest HW of all time & be that for a very long time.

Comment

i'm going with stipe in cleveland, KO2.

i'm also going with gall against CM punk, but that one i'm not sure of. i feel like cm might be a quick study.

Comment

yeah I'm pulling for Phil Brooks too, aka CM Punk. Maybe Overeem gets the TKO with a knee to the face too.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                yeah I'm pulling for Phil Brooks too, aka CM Punk. Maybe Overeem gets the TKO with a knee to the face too.
                I didn't do a breakdown because theres nothing to break down really b/c Punk has not fought...I hope Punk wins...but????From what ive seen I cant bet on him,im not convinced he beats Mickey.

personally I think I would wipe the floor with Punk with no MMA sanctioned fights and Mickey has good skills from what I saw......I haven't exactly made my mind up yet.

Comment

I'm going with Overeem in this one. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Oh **** I forgot this was CM Punk's coming out party. That whole thing seems toned down quite a bit from what it initially was so I think the expectations are real low for what he may or may not be capable. Obviously super curious to see what goes down here all the same.

That whole thing is interesting for more reasons than that as I don't think anyone has made their MMA debut in the UFC since James Toney & its not something thats happened a whole lot since the early days of the UFC & mostly back when it was in its tournament format. And I guess for CM its even more unique as he's gotta be the least experienced guy in combat sports to ever his MMA debut in the cage easily I'd assume.

Comment

Working...
                    X