No announcement yet.

Diaz vs McGregor UFC 202 Aug.20th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LSKennedy View Post
    Even RDA, Henderson & Rory McDonald couldn't finish him so by your logic, they weren't victories.

He got choked out because he underestimated Diaz's punch resistance, especially on 10 days notice. Swung for the fences the entire fight and gassed. That's the only reason Diaz won the first fight.
    This...

Not to mention, McGregor is clearly giving up lots of weight and size against Diaz.

People go on about "Diaz taking it on ten days notice," but Connor took it on ten days notice as well.

Diaz trains and stays in shape year-round, so they both had equal amount of time to prepare for the other.

Connor completely underestimated his ranginess, and most importantly - stamina, and punch resistance.

Connor didn't carry up the same power - which was absolutely devastating at 145.

Comment

• McGregor won 1, 2 and 4.

Truly immense fight, much respect to both.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
        I guess since he did win this fight, he can demand stipulations without looking a coward, because he is, after all, the cash cow.

Wouldn't be the same as him demanding 155 after losing the first fight. After he proved he can beat Diaz at 170, now he's going to do the smart thing, and fight at what is his best weight right now.

Give him mad props for going right back after him, and at 170 - giving up probably at least 10-13 pounds upon rehydration.

Was Diaz already fighting at 170 before the Connor fight? had he already moved up from 155 (that's the last weight I remember him fighting at).
        Diaz is still a 155lber is my understanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSKennedy View Post
          Even RDA, Henderson & Rory McDonald couldn't finish him so by your logic, they weren't victories.

He got choked out because he underestimated Diaz's punch resistance, especially on 10 days notice. Swung for the fences the entire fight and gassed. That's the only reason Diaz won the first fight.
          I'm talking about in the overall battle. He got blasted out and now he won a narrow decision. I don't find that very inspiring. The greater victory is choking a guy out and making him quit. There's no redemption in how mcgregor won tonight.

Comment

• Just rewatched the 4th connor won it but it was razor thin

Comment

• All judges saw Conor won the 4th. Even the one judge who gave him 8 in 3rd rd.
              Last edited by led; 08-21-2016, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• I had round 1 10-8 McGregor (utterly dominated with leg kicks, dropped him and generally controlled everything).

Round 2 was on it's way to another 10-8 until the final 30 seconds, Diaz did enough to make it 10-9.

Diaz easily won the 3rd.

McGregor won the 4th.

Diaz won the 5th with the takedown.

48-46 McGregor.

McGregor is simply much better than Diaz, Diaz just has a stamina edge which allows him to be very competitive when McGregor slows down.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  lol comon now
                  Yea McG took 1st qtr of it, both got dropped but Diaz closed the rd way stronger, McG turn away a few times in that rd

Lol Diaz defended hes win successfully, McG was gifted a close decision lol

Comment

• Have either of the Diaz brothers ever won a championship?

Comment

• I re-watched it and called it a draw. One thing I noticed was at the end of the 3rd Joe Rogan had it 2 rounds for Diaz...but that's just his opinion. It would only have taken one judge to have called the the 3-2 McGregor...a draw it and would have been a majority draw...so I think it's fair to say it was really close and think the judges scored blood which hurt Diaz. The difference was the McGregor leg kicks this time. He broke his foot on one of the checked kicks.

Comment

Working...
                      X