No announcement yet.

UFC 194 predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
    how did you come up to that conclusion ? Aldo hasn't lost in ten years, mcgregor was getting raped on the ground in his last fight. Give mendes a full training camp and even he will leave conor no chance.
    You should bet all your money on Aldo then I guess if you really believe that. Or at least half. Think the odds are pretty close.

I think size will play a big part, I feel Conor is clearly the bigger man. I also don't think Aldo utilizes his ground skills that much. I suspect this will be a stand up striking war & in a stand up striking war I think Conor is the superior man & more often coming out on top. I feel like Aldo has been slowing down or maybe falling outta love with MMA a lil bit too which isn't gonna do him any favors in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      You should bet all your money on Aldo then I guess if you really believe that. Or at least half. Think the odds are pretty close.

I think size will play a big part, I feel Conor is clearly the bigger man. I also don't think Aldo utilizes his ground skills that much. I suspect this will be a stand up striking war & in a stand up striking war I think Conor is the superior man & more often coming out on top. I feel like Aldo has been slowing down or maybe falling outta love with MMA a lil bit too which isn't gonna do him any favors in this fight.
      Robin Black agrees it'll be a stand-up war with Conor's left vs Aldo's counter right.

Comment

I think Mcgregor's size advantage will be too much. The only way I see Aldo winning is if he lands his devastating low kicks and connor's knee gives out. I also got Rockhold by decision.

Comment

it's really surprising to me how many believe the mcgregor hype.. I mean Aldo has proven himself to be the best and conor is mostly all talk and getting hyped by the ufc even getting some fake champion belt against an unprepared opponent. BTW as I said he had NOTHING on the ground for mendes. The problem was that mendes ran out of energy cuz he didn't have time to prepare for the fight. But I guess we'll see. And yea I'll be betting some money on it haha

Comment

What about the two UFC cards before this? I like Paige VanSant and Frankie Edgar to win in those main events.

Comment

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
              it's really surprising to me how many believe the mcgregor hype.. I mean Aldo has proven himself to be the best and conor is mostly all talk and getting hyped by the ufc even getting some fake champion belt against an unprepared opponent.
              I think there is a TON of hype around McGregor that you'd have to be blind not to see, but there is a surprising amount of substance too that you are over looking (imo). I mean you think this guy is a cardboard cutout or something that has no chance to win which is bordering on insane sounding to me or at least fanboy-ish. I definitely believe losing is possible, I just happen to believe its possible for either guy in this fight & its gonna be much more competitive than you do.

BTW as I said he had NOTHING on the ground for mendes. The problem was that mendes ran out of energy cuz he didn't have time to prepare for the fight. But I guess we'll see. And yea I'll be betting some money on it haha
              Problem is this fight isn't likely going to the ground cuz Aldo doesn't seem to particularly love fighting on the ground, he's been beating guys standing up for like a decade like you brought up, he'll stand up here. But granted when, outside of a KO L here (& I have a difficult time seeing the loser in this fight not getting put to sleep), McGregor's loses in the UFC it will be ground related as his ground game is lacking no question.

It took me a long time to even get on McGregor cuz I seen his 15 second or w/e loss to that Joe Duffy kid who just got to the UFC & said this guy ain't ****. But after checking out McGregor more I can see he's a man who takes his MMA extremely serious & has a high level standup game that I don't think anyone can match (except maybe Aldo) in this division & has greatly improved since that last L to Duffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I think there is a TON of hype around McGregor that you'd have to be blind not to see, but there is a surprising amount of substance too that you are over looking (imo). I mean you think this guy is a cardboard cutout or something that has no chance to win which is bordering on insane sounding to me or at least fanboy-ish. I definitely believe losing is possible, I just happen to believe its possible for either guy in this fight & its gonna be much more competitive than you do.

Problem is this fight isn't likely going to the ground cuz Aldo doesn't seem to particularly love fighting on the ground, he's been beating guys standing up for like a decade like you brought up, he'll stand up here. But granted when, outside of a KO L here (& I have a difficult time seeing the loser in this fight not getting put to sleep), McGregor's loses in the UFC it will be ground related as his ground game is lacking no question.

It took me a long time to even get on McGregor cuz I seen his 15 second or w/e loss to that Joe Duffy kid who just got to the UFC & said this guy ain't ****. But after checking out McGregor more I can see he's a man who takes his MMA extremely serious & has a high level standup game that I don't think anyone can match (except maybe Aldo) in this division & has greatly improved since that last L to Duffy.
                no, bro. Sure I know mcgregor could win. Everyone always has a chance,but conor only has it if he ko's aldo. Other than that I don't see him winning.
                And Im far from Aldo's fanboy.. As I said before Aldo is a proven fighter no one could deny that meanwhile mcgregor is mostly a hype job

Comment

Aldo is whooping that fools @ss. McGregor has a punchers chance but nothing else and Aldo isn't sticking around to find out

Comment

I have Aldo.
                    Conor has the size and length I feel he can win if he can keep it long and keep Aldo on the end of his shots. Anywhere else its Aldo's fight. IMO he has too many advantages not to take the win here.

Even at range you can't rule out Aldo. Conor has some horrible flaws everytime he throws a punch his hands come back down to his waist and he pulls out with his chin towards the ceiling. Its a wonder he has gotten away with it upto now.

Comment

Aldo is ****ed. Josie has never proven himself against a stick like McGregor's doing here.

Comment

Working...
                      X