Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current mma fighter would have the balls to stand with a boxer in the octagon???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah if all striking is involved, then someone like Manhoef or Silva definitely would stand. Probably also Wandy, who likes to strike and Vitor.

Comment

There's quite a few MMA fighters that could box in the pro's, they wouldn't be too good but they could do it.

I always thought BJ Penn was a very good boxer for an MMA guy.

Comment

A prime Gomi would obliterate a few pro boxers in mma. Gomi had the adamantium chin, very good foot work, and hendo power. Not to mention he switch hit. Talking prime, not the shell now-a-days.

Kid yamamoto would stand and bang too but he'd be fighting arce type boxers. Real small.

Hideo Tokoro would be game in the beginning but would likely revert to his ground gamme.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          A prime Gomi would obliterate a few pro boxers in mma. Gomi had the adamantium chin, very good foot work, and hendo power. Not to mention he switch hit. Talking prime, not the shell now-a-days.

Kid yamamoto would stand and bang too but he'd be fighting arce type boxers. Real small.

Hideo Tokoro would be game in the beginning but would likely revert to his ground gamme.
          Jesus Christ

Comment

Tokoro would fight on the feet. Then get tagged good and shoot immediately. You're crazy if you think otherwise. Tokoro is probably the most gutsy and exciting mma fighter ever.

Comment

your crazy

Comment

Tokoro would fight on the feet. Then get tagged good and shoot immediately. You're crazy if you think otherwise. Tokoro is probably the most gutsy and exciting mma fighter ever.
                what the **** is wrong with you

Comment

If you wanna talk balls, what MMA promotion would ever have the balls to do what Pride did? Allow soccer kicks and penalize fighters for being boring. That's what I'd like to see.

Comment

One FC does that.

Roger Huerta got ktfo by soccer kick.

Comment

Pettis trained at the same kickboxing gym as I did (Duke Roufus Gym in Milwakee) and there is a heavy emphasis on striking there. I think just about anyone from there could do reasonably well against someone trained as a traditional boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X