Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva is the "GOAT" because..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said. Fedor was truly explosive and something to behold back in Pride. In the Arona nad Nog ights he was often caught in triangles only to shrug themm off.

I dont know why people keep thinking that Anderson is even in the vicinity of goat as his best win comes against a Midddleweight Henderson(who is actually a LH and got his ass kicked by J. Shields at mw of all people) and a whole bunch of average contenders.
    I really think that J.Jones and W.Silva bodies of work are a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Exactly. There was all this talk of wanting to sign the great Fedor and then, when Dana couldn't get him signed, all of a sudden Fedor wasn't that good in his eyes. He also recently badmouthed Frank Shamrock and Randy Couture. The Couture one was a bit of a surprise. Funny how in the case of Couture, he was praised until he was off the UFC payroll. The UFC is starting to sound like a mob family, where years of work and service mean nothing once you're gone.
      Dana is such a damn prick. The only redeeming quality he has is putting on fights the fans want.

On the other hand, I'm sure if there were rival companies just as big as the UFC, he'd be pulling an Arum/GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by dmocchi View Post
        Well said. Fedor was truly explosive and something to behold back in Pride. In the Arona nad Nog ights he was often caught in triangles only to shrug themm off.

I dont know why people keep thinking that Anderson is even in the vicinity of goat as his best win comes against a Midddleweight Henderson(who is actually a LH and got his ass kicked by J. Shields at mw of all people) and a whole bunch of average contenders.
        I really think that J.Jones and W.Silva bodies of work are a lot better.
        Wanderlei's resume is god like. He fought guys he had no business of fighting. Cro Cop, and Hunt!? He truly had steel balls.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          Can I get a TL;DR version of this thread?
          Some posters think Fedor is the GOAT. Other believe Silva is the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
            LMFAO. Nog was far from prime when he entered the UFC. He had been so damaged from Pride, but obviously you only watch the UFC, so you wouldn't know that.

Cro Cop wasn't in his prime when he entered the UFC either. He lost his fighting heart when he got into the UFC. He even said it himself. If you mean to tell me the Pride Cro Cop loses to Gonzaga, you are on crack. That was biggest upset in recent times.

The fact that you show Fedor no respect, just proves to me that you only started watching MMA when the UFC got big. You don't know what you're talking about.

You probably don't even know who Sakuraba was. NVM, you'll just Google his record, and call him a bum.

Edit: Answer me this. You think Mir beats a prime Nog?
            probably, i mean rodriguez beat a prime nog so i dont see why not
            point is fedor never beat the ufc heavyweights, you can make the argument couture, lesnar, barnett or mir would have beat him, maybe even prime arlovski.
            you cant make that argument with silva he is the best at middleweight untouchable right now no doubt

Comment

Lmao your poo$y is so hurt its hurting your ability to read and think clearly. Quote where I bashed fedor and said Anderson was so much greater. In fact you can go back and see I said I don't think its by a mile but a slight edge I give Anderson over fedor. I even said Fedor is still the greatest heavyweight.

Anderson just has the better P4P win over Hendo and his competition has been more consistent with bonnar being his only freakshow fight in his reign but it saved an event.

You still don't get the fact lindland arona and babalu have NEVER been relevant in an MMA heavyweight division. So how does that build his legacy? Yeah they were good fighters at their respective weight classes but are best known for losing.

And no your the one using sherdog but obviously not good enough since any long time hardcore fan knew Henderson beat nog before. Who cares if Not did win the rematch he was suppose to beat the smaller guy jackass.

I never said Anderson was not a threat preUFC but your fuuuckkking trolling if you think you or any other dumb ass troll predicted Silva would run through the UFC the way he did.

The fact is the sport is evolving and has since Fedor and Anderson has dominated and finished the more consistent top competition. Every defense has been a top 5 guy besides lutter who didn't make weight and wasn't a defense anyway.

You don't know the difference between greatness and excitement. Fedor was a beast and overcame adversity like Rocky but that's a fuuuccckkkiin joke to rate somebody higher because they survived bombs from fujita and and survived a slam from randleman. Yeah its some of the greatest memory in mma but it doesn't make the wins greater. That's like saying Calzaghe is an ATG because he survived knockdowns from Roy and Bernard. Its just ridiculous. You can just mention Cro Cop Big Nog and Arloski Sylvia like a real mma fan.

Because tho your arguments are ******ed I cannnot say you don't have the right to make the argument because I give Silva only a razor thin edge, fedor has an argument you just don't know how to make it without looking like a complete douchebag troll.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

The HW division in Pride was ****ting on the UFC's when he was in his prime.

Then he goes onto murk 2 former UFC champs. Was scheduled to fight Josh Barnett, but he got popped for PED's for a 3rd fuggin time. In case you're wondering, at the time, Barnett alone >>>>> the whole UFC HW roster.

The negotiations fell apart, and Dana started his smear campaign, saying he's garbage, and he's scared of the UFC.

It obviously worked on you.
                Actually 4 champs. Fedor beat Coleman twice, Kevin Randleman, Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski and if you count interim titles, there was Big Nog as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                  Lmao your poo$y is so hurt its hurting your ability to read and think clearly. Quote where I bashed fedor and said Anderson was so much greater. In fact you can go back and see I said I don't think its by a mile but a slight edge I give Anderson over fedor. I even said Fedor is still the greatest heavyweight.

Anderson just has the better P4P win over Hendo and his competition has been more consistent with bonnar being his only freakshow fight in his reign but it saved an event.

You still don't get the fact lindland arona and babalu have NEVER been relevant in an MMA heavyweight division. So how does that build his legacy? Yeah they were good fighters at their respective weight classes but are best known for losing.

And no your the one using sherdog but obviously not good enough since any long time hardcore fan knew Henderson beat nog before. Who cares if Not did win the rematch he was suppose to beat the smaller guy jackass.

I never said Anderson was not a threat preUFC but your fuuuckkking trolling if you think you or any other dumb ass troll predicted Silva would run through the UFC the way he did.

The fact is the sport is evolving and has since Fedor and Anderson has dominated and finished the more consistent top competition. Every defense has been a top 5 guy besides lutter who didn't make weight and wasn't a defense anyway.

You don't know the difference between greatness and excitement. Fedor was a beast and overcame adversity like Rocky but that's a fuuuccckkkiin joke to rate somebody higher because they survived bombs from fujita and and survived a slam from randleman. Yeah its some of the greatest memory in mma but it doesn't make the wins greater. That's like saying Calzaghe is an ATG because he survived knockdowns from Roy and Bernard. Its just ridiculous. You can just mention Cro Cop Big Nog and Arloski Sylvia like a real mma fan.

Because tho your arguments are ******ed I cannnot say you don't have the right to make the argument because I give Silva only a razor thin edge, fedor has an argument you just don't know how to make it without looking like a complete douchebag troll.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  Let me put it into simpler terms. I don't feel like rebutting every single thing you wrote, and I don't feel like reading all that.

Fedor's win over Cro Cop >>>>>>> any win on Silva's resume. Bar none.

Fedor dominated in his prime. I'm not even giving him style points. I'm telling you that his resume is better than Silva's. You don't have to agree, because at the end of the day, I don't want to read another one of your replies, and have to rebuttal every last detail.

Based on skill set alone, you have to have Fedor as the G.O.A.T. Just like we do with Ray Robinson. We also don't fault him for losing in his latter stages. Same goes for Ali.

At his peak, Fedor was UNBEATABLE. He was the perfect fighting machine, and that's undeniable.

If you presented Fedor with a HW version of Silva, no doubt in my mind he beats him. Ex. Cro Cop (a more dangerous version of Silva).

You think Silva is the GOAT, and I respect that, because you can make valid arguments as to why he should be. I believe Fedor is the GOAT, and I have given you my reasons.

At the end of the day, even if you don't include resumes, I think based purely off their skill sets, Fedor is the GOAT.

Silva is no less than 2nd. Or if you will, 1A.

P.S. the point of describing those fights was, because on the surface those fights look like mismatches, but you have to realize they were intense, and filled with drama. Fedor showed a different side to him, and that only reinforced people's stance on how great he was, and is. That's why people call him a cyborg. It wasn't to make his wins seem "cooler". It was to prove a point. You had to have watched those fights in order to appreciate Fedor's dominance.

Edit: I read your last part about calling me a douche bag troll. Something everyone says, when they've been gotten to buddy.
                  Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-27-2013, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Dana is such a damn prick. The only redeeming quality he has is putting on fights the fans want.

On the other hand, I'm sure if there were rival companies just as big as the UFC, he'd be pulling an Arum/GBP.
                    What does that mean, pulling an Arum/GBP? What are they known for?

Comment

Let me put it into simpler terms. I don't feel like rebutting every single thing you wrote, and I don't feel like reading all that.

Fedor's win over Cro Cop >>>>>>> any win on Silva's resume. Bar none.

Fedor dominated in his prime. I'm not even giving him style points. I'm telling you that his resume is better than Silva's. You don't have to agree, because at the end of the day, I don't want to read another one of your replies, and have to rebuttal every last detail.

Based on skill set alone, you have to have Fedor as the G.O.A.T. Just like we do with Ray Robinson. We also don't fault him for losing in his latter stages. Same goes for Ali.

At his peak, Fedor was UNBEATABLE. He was the perfect fighting machine, and that's undeniable.

If you presented Fedor with a HW version of Silva, no doubt in my mind he beats him. Ex. Cro Cop (a more dangerous version of Silva).

You think Silva is the GOAT, and I respect that, because you can make valid arguments as to why he should be. I believe Fedor is the GOAT, and I have given you my reasons.

At the end of the day, even if you don't include resumes, I think based purely off their skill sets, Fedor is the GOAT.

Silva is no less than 2nd. Or if you will, 1A.

P.S. the point of describing those fights was, because on the surface those fights look like mismatches, but you have to realize they were intense, and filled with drama. Fedor showed a different side to him, and that only reinforced people's stance on how great he was, and is. That's why people call him a cyborg. It wasn't to make his wins seem "cooler". It was to prove a point. You had to have watched those fights in order to appreciate Fedor's dominance.

Edit: I read your last part about calling me a douche bag troll. Something everyone says, when they've been gotten to buddy.
                      I pretty much agree with the last 2 posts my last one is sandwiched in between for the most part, except I still give the slight edge to Fedor for his resume and winning streak. A win over Jones might change my mind, however, especially if it's in impressive fashion, as many of Silva's recent fights have been. He has finished his last 5 opponents, with 4 knockouts. If he can TKO Jones, and retire with the title, continue his win streak a little longer, say about a year or two, I think that could be enough to put him slightly ahead. Like I said, this is like the old Ali vs. Louis arguments in heavyweight boxing or Robinson vs. Charles discussions when it comes to
                      P4P all-time rankings, taking into account skill sets and resumes. Personally, I'd like to see Silva pull it off, beat Jones by TKO or submit him and retire unbeaten in the UFC.

Comment

Working...
                      X