Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva is the "GOAT" because..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

silva is the goat because he fought the best in his division all the time, even know he is still the best among all the middleweights of the planet
    fedor didnt because he never foought the ufc heavyweights and never proved his superiority over them, he never was the undisputed best like silva
    at the end of his career he became a cherry picking prima donna who asked too much out of the ufc and even ducked a fight vs reem

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
      silva is the goat because he fought the best in his division all the time, even know he is still the best among all the middleweights of the planet
      fedor didnt because he never foought the ufc heavyweights and never proved his superiority over them, he never was the undisputed best like silva
      at the end of his career he became a cherry picking prima donna who asked too much out of the ufc and even ducked a fight vs reem
      The HW division in Pride was ****ting on the UFC's when he was in his prime.

Then he goes onto murk 2 former UFC champs. Was scheduled to fight Josh Barnett, but he got popped for PED's for a 3rd fuggin time. In case you're wondering, at the time, Barnett alone >>>>> the whole UFC HW roster.

The negotiations fell apart, and Dana started his smear campaign, saying he's garbage, and he's scared of the UFC.

It obviously worked on you.
      Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-26-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit
        Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloody$Nate$

Everybody seems to forget if u even watched mma at that point, Nobody gave Anderson a chance against Franklin and Anderson destroyed him.Franklin and Hendo were #1 and #2 at middleweight and Anderson made short work out of them.

Lutter put up a decent ground fight against Silva so everybody said Thales and Maia would submit him and the iron chinned hendo would take his best shots and take him down and win a decision. Hendo was the favorite in that fight to most hardcore mma fans and hendo did exactly what they said for one round and in the 2nd Anderson rocked him and choked him out. Now these new fans that probably weren't even fans back then want to discredit this win.

Vitor was suppose to be the first guy who could actually stand and bang with Silva had the best chance of knocking him only to get stopped in the first.

Chael was suppose to do what he did the first time to Silva but for an extra minute to win a decision because "he had silvas number." Yet it was the hendo fight all over again against a healthy Silva in the rematch, chael did his thing for one round, Anderson adjusted and stopped him.

Irvin was a WARM up fight for Silva at 205 because its not like boxing because in mma the weight classes are 10, 15 and sometimes as in this case middleweight and lightheavyweight are 20 POUNDS apart. Yet Silvas a cherry picker because he doesn't move up 20 pounds.

And people still said Irvin would win because nobody knew how silvas power and punch resistance would transition 20 POUNDS.

Griffin was even a good match up for Silva at the time because he beat Shogun and got a razor thin call over rampage. He was suppose to be too big and have too much of a good game plan training with randy.

Bonnar was a short notice fight and that's all that needs to be said. He saved an event.

Shogun and Anderson were chute box guys and close friends. Half these haters don't even know what chute box was. So if u knew what chute box was and how they were all family how was that a duck?

Smh at these new fans that can't even research. Anderson will fight Jon Jones after weidman its almost guaranteed so haters calm down he will at least show u up 2 more times with weidman and Jones before he retires.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

If you've watched any MMA, besides the UFC, you would've known that Silva had a HUGE chance of beating Franklin. Only the TUF noobs thought Franklin was the favorite going in. He beat up an old ass Ken Shamrock and Evan Tanner for God's sake. No one with half a brain was thinking Silva "couldn't" beat Franklin.

And no one on the planet was saying Leitas and Maia were going to beat Silva. The chance of a submission, yes, but they don't have half the TD threat of a Lutter.

LMAO @ Griffin was a good fight at the time. NO he wasn't. That was nothing more than a show case fight for Anderson at 205. Irvin was the same thing. I'll let him pass for the Bonnar fight, because he did save that event.

The point is, if you've already fought at 205, then why ask for such a ridiculous catch weight like 192. 200 is more than fair for both fighters. Silva's already fought at 205, and had success, and Jones fighting at 192 would be absolutely silly.

LMAO at not knowing Chute Boxe. The fight team that Wanderlei Silva and Murillo Rua made famous. Okay, buddy.

Silva's going to wreck Weidman, but he's not going to fight Jones after, "guaranteed" like you said.

If it was a guarantee, he'd fight him by now. He wouldn't be talking about a 192 lb. catch weight, knowing damn well Jones aint making that cut.

I think you're projecting your insecurities with these posts. NO ONE said Silva was garbage, we're only saying Fedor is the G.O.A.T.

For those of you that didn't just start watching MMA, aka UFC, should know how dominant Fedor was. He's as good as it gets in terms of MMA.
        First of all I was responding to Warquez saying Anderson beat Hendo coming off a loss acting like it was something like Paciquao fighting Mosley which would be ridiculous. Silvas win gets even bigger as Hendo still has been relevant at the top level his whole career.

And I was saying whoever said Silva ducked shogun doesn't know what chute box was or represented. Vitor got shiiittted calling out Silva by brazillians. Its why Fitch won't fight Kos X a million. So if u didn't say either of these things why is your poo$$y getting hurt?

This is how I know u barely watched mma back then if any. Silva was a sub par fighter in PRIDE and was not some guy expected to come and take the UFC by storm so don't even play that shiiit. You forgot Dave Lousisea was the most dangerous striker in the UFC before Anderson and Franklin dominated him. Tanner is a UFC legend he was regarded as a much better fighter then Anderson before he came to the UFC. Anderson was not relevant until he steamrolled Leban and Franklin. You act like Silva was top 5 but really fringe top 10 before he came to the UFC.

The sport has evolved since Fedor. He's still the greatest heavyweight but not fighter. He beat great fighters but not consistently. In between his wins over big Nog cro cop and Sylvia and arlosvki were guys like Zulu fujita and lindland who weren't relevant to heavyweight at all while people want to crap on decent wins over maia, marquardt cote and okami who were all top 5 when they fought Silva.

Andersons win over Hendo is better then any of Fedors wins. Big Nog is a favorite of mine and fedors best win but Hendo beat big nog and though nog beat him too its shows more of how hendo is a top all time great top 5 and how huge that win was for Silva to take him out in 2 rounds.

Silvas competition is more consistent since he had less freak show fights in his reign. I'm not saying Anderson is the best by a mile but I give him a slight edge and when he beats Jones or GSP later this year it will be fact.

You are nieve if you take Silva seriously about a Jones catch weight. He just fought and dominated at 205 why would he want a catch weight? Haters treat him like Pac but he's more may weather. The catchweight is as serious as it was considered when he wanted to fight Roy Jones. Like the catch weight Dana will never let it happen so its a troll and people like you get to look stupid trying to argue with it and take way to serious.

Dana knows how to get Silva to fight. He guaranteed he would make a super fight if either of the P4P kings are on top at the end of the year. Most likely Silva rapes weidman and Jones rapes chael then we get the super fight in October at the earliest, December the latest if bones want machida in august or December first. The super fight makes sense as Lombard, vitor, jacare, Constantine and rock hold fight to clear up Silvas first 2014 opponent. Then either machida vs gustaffson or Gustaffson vs Glover as Jones first opponent of 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
          First of all I was responding to Warquez saying Anderson beat Hendo coming off a loss acting like it was something like Paciquao fighting Mosley which would be ridiculous. Silvas win gets even bigger as Hendo still has been relevant at the top level his whole career.

And I was saying whoever said Silva ducked shogun doesn't know what chute box was or represented. Vitor got shiiittted calling out Silva by brazillians. Its why Fitch won't fight Kos X a million. So if u didn't say either of these things why is your poo$$y getting hurt?

This is how I know u barely watched mma back then if any. Silva was a sub par fighter in PRIDE and was not some guy expected to come and take the UFC by storm so don't even play that shiiit. You forgot Dave Lousisea was the most dangerous striker in the UFC before Anderson and Franklin dominated him. Tanner is a UFC legend he was regarded as a much better fighter then Anderson before he came to the UFC. Anderson was not relevant until he steamrolled Leban and Franklin. You act like Silva was top 5 but really fringe top 10 before he came to the UFC.

The sport has evolved since Fedor. He's still the greatest heavyweight but not fighter. He beat great fighters but not consistently. In between his wins over big Nog cro cop and Sylvia and arlosvki were guys like Zulu fujita and lindland who weren't relevant to heavyweight at all while people want to crap on decent wins over maia, marquardt cote and okami who were all top 5 when they fought Silva.

Andersons win over Hendo is better then any of Fedors wins. Big Nog is a favorite of mine and fedors best win but Hendo beat big nog and though nog beat him too its shows more of how hendo is a top all time great top 5 and how huge that win was for Silva to take him out in 2 rounds.

Silvas competition is more consistent since he had less freak show fights in his reign. I'm not saying Anderson is the best by a mile but I give him a slight edge and when he beats Jones or GSP later this year it will be fact.

You are nieve if you take Silva seriously about a Jones catch weight. He just fought and dominated at 205 why would he want a catch weight? Haters treat him like Pac but he's more may weather. The catchweight is as serious as it was considered when he wanted to fight Roy Jones. Like the catch weight Dana will never let it happen so its a troll and people like you get to look stupid trying to argue with it and take way to serious.

Dana knows how to get Silva to fight. He guaranteed he would make a super fight if either of the P4P kings are on top at the end of the year. Most likely Silva rapes weidman and Jones rapes chael then we get the super fight in October at the earliest, December the latest if bones want machida in august or December first. The super fight makes sense as Lombard, vitor, jacare, Constantine and rock hold fight to clear up Silvas first 2014 opponent. Then either machida vs gustaffson or Gustaffson vs Glover as Jones first opponent of 2014.

Just LMAO @ this post. You can tell I wasn't watching MMA before the UFC??? Okay buddy. I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest with who knows more about MMA, because I know for a fact I'd out piss you.

1) Silva was a sub par fighter in Pride??? I can tell you only looked at his fight record, and haven't actually watched him fight in Pride. Let's just start from before Pride. He beats Hayato Sakurai, an MMA legend at Shooto. Beats Alexander Steibling, a very good striker in Pride. KO'S Carlos Newton, another MMA legend by flying knee. Loses to Takase by triangle choke. Okay, he made a mistake, it happens in MMA. Then goes onto beat Jeremy Horn in his prime, and then Lee murray, one of MMA's best boxers at the time. Right there he's already extablished himself as one of the most dangerous strikers, if not, THE most dangerous striker in MMA. Loses to Chonan by a crazy flying scissor heel hook, made a simple mistake, wasn't expecting that. Beats another UFC vet, Jorge Rivera, in his prime. Not the Jorge Rivera we see today. Not the one that lost to Michael Bisping. Loses to Yushin Okami by illegal up kick, but that's whatever. Goes onto land a standing back elbow on Tony Fyrklulnd. To this day, one of the craziest strikes landed in MMA.

So you mean to tell me, Silva wasn't going to go through the UFC's weak ass MW division? Yes, David Louiseau, was the best striker in the UFC, but Silva was widely regarded as the best pure striker in MMA, bar none, by the time he entered the UFC. Only noobs didn't know who he was. Which is why I knew for a fact that he'd win the belt.

Also, you are on crack if you think Tanner wa regarded as a "much better fighter" than Silva. You have got to be kidding me. Even though Silva was regarded as one of the most dangerous fighters in MMA??? He lost to Tito Ortiz and got back onto the map by beating David Terrell's over rated ass. Well hind sight is 20/20, but he ended up being over rated.

No, son. Fedor is the greatest FIGHTER. He has no holes in his game, unlike Silva. You go onto say that Lindland wasn't relevant at all??? He was highly regarded as one of the best wrestlers in MMA. I won't even touch on that subject, because I want to school you on his resume.

He beats Arona at rings. A very good win in my book, since Arona turned out to be a stud. Beats Semmy Schilt. A k-1 champion/legend. Heath Herring, who at the time was ranked in the top 10 of HW's, might have even been top 5. The beats big NOG, #1 HW at the time. Has a crazy match with Fujita. Fujita rocks him, and he comes back to choke the guy out. On paper wasn't a good match, but you had to actually watch it, to appreciate what Fedor did. Another thing you MMA noobs can't do. You just read off the names on the paper, without actually having watched the fight. Absolutely embarasses Gary Goodridge on the feet. Another fight you had to have seen to appreciate. Goodridge was no punk with his hands. Arm bars a ressurgant Mark Coleman in the 1st round. The same Mark Coleman that won the Pride HW tournament only 2 years earlier. Gets tossed in the air, and ****e on his head by Kevin Randleman, and the **** doesn't even phase him. Goes onto apply an arm bar on the guy. That fight solidified why he is a MONSTER.

Goes onto beat Nog a 2nd time. This time even worse. This only solidifies him as the greatest HW of all time. Mean while there's a guy on the scene that's kicking dude's heads off left and right. He goes onto avenge his DQ loss against Kosaka, beats his ass n the 1st round. Then the big show down with the 2 best HW's in the world. Mirko Cro Cop. In that fight alone, displays all the skills as to why they call him the "G.O.A.T.". He goes onto beat Cro cop, and by that time, Fedor mania is at it's highest peak. Cro Cop ****s on ANYONE on Silva's resume. I dare you to even try and dispute that.

Then he beats Coleman for a 2nd time by arm bar. Beats down anothe k-1 champ, Mark Hunt. Beats up a 7'5 k-1 fighter, Hong Man Choi. Makes it look effortless. Goes onto fight the ex UFC champ, and pummels his ass in the 1st round, and chokes him out. Knocks out another former UFC champ, Andrei Arlovksi, and was regarded as one of the craziest KO's in MMA history.

Beats Brett Rogers in Strike Force, and by that time, his prime is definitely over. The amount of matches he went through in Pride has taken a toll on his body, and he doesn't train like he used to.

Fedor's resume ****s on Silva's.

NOG, CRO COP, SYLVIA, ARLOVSKI, RANDLEMAN, COLEMAN, HERRING, SEMMY SCHILT, LINDLAND, ARONA >>>>>>>>>> SIlva's resume.

Hendo is a better win than anything on Fedor's resume??? Okay, clear biased and nut hugging child. Hendo never, ever beat BIG NOG, WTF are you talking about??? Can clearly, clearly tell you've just started watching MMA, no doubt in my mind.

You are so dense. Silva has said many times, he'd only fight Jones at a catch weight. What don't you get about that?

You're so confident that Dana White can make a super fight between the 2, when it's been like 3-5 years and counting, and the Silva/GSP fight still hasn't been made.

you're out of your damn mind if you think Silva is fighting Jones at 205. Remember the whole, "he's my friend" BS he tried to use.

You really think Silva can beat Jones at 205??? He'd get taken down and elbowed to death.

Silva aint fighting Jones, as long as there are catch weight stipulations. How fuggin long has it taken Silva to even think about fighting Jones. Remember when Rogan asked Silva about the Jones fight, and he said NO. I want GSP, he's smaller.

You don't know **** about MMA son. Stick to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
            The HW division in Pride was ****ting on the UFC's when he was in his prime.

Then he goes onto murk 2 former UFC champs. Was scheduled to fight Josh Barnett, but he got popped for PED's for a 3rd fuggin time. In case you're wondering, at the time, Barnett alone >>>>> the whole UFC HW roster.

The negotiations fell apart, and Dana started his smear campaign, saying he's garbage, and he's scared of the UFC.

It obviously worked on you.
            the ufc heavyweights proved better than their pride counterparts, mir defeated nog and gonzaga defeated cro cop, before that ppl were saying nog and crocop would own the ufc and look what happened
            fedor got owned hard on a second tier organization like strikeforce, he woulda been killed in the ufc and he knew it so he played hardball
            for whatever reasons fedor never fought all the opponents out there unlike silva and thats what makes him inferior

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
              the ufc heavyweights proved better than their pride counterparts, mir defeated nog and gonzaga defeated cro cop, before that ppl were saying nog and crocop would own the ufc and look what happened
              fedor got owned hard on a second tier organization like strikeforce, he woulda been killed in the ufc and he knew it so he played hardball
              for whatever reasons fedor never fought all the opponents out there unlike silva and thats what makes him inferior
              LMFAO. Nog was far from prime when he entered the UFC. He had been so damaged from Pride, but obviously you only watch the UFC, so you wouldn't know that.

Cro Cop wasn't in his prime when he entered the UFC either. He lost his fighting heart when he got into the UFC. He even said it himself. If you mean to tell me the Pride Cro Cop loses to Gonzaga, you are on crack. That was biggest upset in recent times.

The fact that you show Fedor no respect, just proves to me that you only started watching MMA when the UFC got big. You don't know what you're talking about.

You probably don't even know who Sakuraba was. NVM, you'll just Google his record, and call him a bum.

Edit: Answer me this. You think Mir beats a prime Nog?
              Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-26-2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

LMAFO Henderson didn't beat Big Nog? LMFAO Then you try to say you know more about mma then me? LMFAO

Look it up on sherdog NOOB. The same tournament you wanna give Fedor credit for beating arona who was half his size, Henderson beat Big Nog and Babalu the first time ON THE SAME night in Rings LMAO

That's all I really need to say you just screwed yourself Dan Henderson vs Big Nog was one of the best rivalries in Pride. That's the why they fought in pride so big nog avenged his loss.

And LMAO how can you call one dimensional guys like randleman and Coleman quality wins and not Evan tannar a quality win for Franklin? When besides Coleman winning the pride heavyweight tournament against a bunch of scrawny japs with no wrestling him and randleman are Ufc rejects, they didnt do shiiit in pride against elite competition besides randlemans fluke KO on cro cop and Coleman's fluke arm break of shogun. Anybody with basic juijitsu 101 submits them which once again proves Anderson dominance over more consistent well rounded fighters.

Your a freaking joke lmao. Look on sherdog fight finder a little next time NOOB. And if you read my post again ****** I said fujita Zulu and lindland where not relevant to the heavyweight division BECAUSE they weren't!

lmao giving credit to fedor beating on lindland babalu and arona who are outmatched by 50 pounds. Yet if Anderson beat on Kos Alves or Diego Sanchez who's smaller you'd have a heart attack.

If Anderson was sooooo highly regarded and such a dangerous guy in pride why did he never fight for the title? and losing by triangle to a nobody and submitting to chonan made his pride run not terrible but nothing special. That's like saying everybody knew Chuck Liddell would be champ for a long time after he came back to the ufc after being beat up by overeem til he gassed and got his beating from rampage in pride.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                  That's the only way I can see Silva being GOAT. IF he beats Jones.

I think Vitor was one of his better wins.

Also, his stint in Pride wasn't bad. He just got caught by a couple submissions. I can let that slide, as long as you go on to do bigger and better things.

But like you, I'm not buying into the UFC propaganda machine.

Remember when the Fedor negotiations fell off? All of a sudden Dana starts calling Fedor a bum. LMAO.
                  Exactly. There was all this talk of wanting to sign the great Fedor and then, when Dana couldn't get him signed, all of a sudden Fedor wasn't that good in his eyes. He also recently badmouthed Frank Shamrock and Randy Couture. The Couture one was a bit of a surprise. Funny how in the case of Couture, he was praised until he was off the UFC payroll. The UFC is starting to sound like a mob family, where years of work and service mean nothing once you're gone.

Comment

Can I get a TL;DR version of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                      LMAFO Henderson didn't beat Big Nog? LMFAO Then you try to say you know more about mma then me? LMFAO

Look it up on sherdog NOOB. The same tournament you wanna give Fedor credit for beating arona who was half his size, Henderson beat Big Nog and Babalu the first time ON THE SAME night in Rings LMAO

That's all I really need to say you just screwed yourself Dan Henderson vs Big Nog was one of the best rivalries in Pride. That's the why they fought in pride so big nog avenged his loss.

And LMAO how can you call one dimensional guys like randleman and Coleman quality wins and not Evan tannar a quality win for Franklin? When besides Coleman winning the pride heavyweight tournament against a bunch of scrawny japs with no wrestling him and randleman are Ufc rejects, they didnt do shiiit in pride against elite competition besides randlemans fluke KO on cro cop and Coleman's fluke arm break of shogun. Anybody with basic juijitsu 101 submits them which once again proves Anderson dominance over more consistent well rounded fighters.

Your a freaking joke lmao. Look on sherdog fight finder a little next time NOOB. And if you read my post again ****** I said fujita Zulu and lindland where not relevant to the heavyweight division BECAUSE they weren't!

lmao giving credit to fedor beating on lindland babalu and arona who are outmatched by 50 pounds. Yet if Anderson beat on Kos Alves or Diego Sanchez who's smaller you'd have a heart attack.

If Anderson was sooooo highly regarded and such a dangerous guy in pride why did he never fight for the title? and losing by triangle to a nobody and submitting to chonan made his pride run not terrible but nothing special. That's like saying everybody knew Chuck Liddell would be champ for a long time after he came back to the ufc after being beat up by overeem til he gassed and got his beating from rampage in pride.

And what happened when they fought again? When they were in there fighting primes? Oh yeah, he got arm barred twice. And don't even act like you saw that fight in Rings. You just looked it up on Sherdog.

You are the eiptome of a TUF noob. You look at the fight finder on Sherdog, and dismiss is as a **** fight, without actually watching those fights. The way in which Fedor flipped him, and got the submission was beautiful. Randleman suplexed on his freaking head, and Fedor still arm barred his ass. Your the definition of a fight finder warrior.

LMAO at outmatched by 50 pounds. SMDH. You are clearly delusional if you think that. Fedor is a small HW, and when they fought, it was basically at open weight.

"Matt “The Law” Lindland (20-4-0) weighed in nearly 25 pounds over his normal fighting weight today for his mixed martial arts superfight with heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko (25-1-0).

Even at his current weight, Lindland is giving up more than 15 pounds to Emelianenko"

Read that ya dumb ****. 50 pounds my ass. Nice try though.

And I bet you Arona didn't have to cut for the Fedor fight. Not to mention Arona is a big guy himself, so if Lindland was 15 lbs. off from Fedor, then you'd have to imagine that Arona wasn much closer to Fedor. Again, you're a TUF noob.

Anyone with half a brain, or that knew ANYTHING about MMA, or have SEEN Silva fight before the UFC, which you haven't, would've known Silva was a threat to ANYBODY.

I seriously bet you were shocked at how easily he beat up Leben. I guaruntee you didn't know who the **** Silva was before the UFC, that's why you're saying all this stuff. Because you go by fight finder. You haven't seen these fights, and you haven't watched half as much MMA as I have, most likely.

You literally come off as a TUF noob, that just got into MMA once TUF came along.

I've been ordering Pride events on PPV since you were just finding out who Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie was. In fact, I bet you knew who Forrest Griffin was, before you knew who the **** Royce Gracie was.

Again, you don't know **** about MMA.

If you really did follow MMA, and aren't just a UFC noob, there's no way on this planet, you'd be saying all this **** about Fedor. It's ONLY MMA novices that **** on Fedor, and haven't watched all his fights, or didn't witness his reign at the top.

There's no way, you were watching Fedor in his prime, and not thinking to yourself, he was the greatest fighting machine ever.

You're nothing but a UFC novice that got into it, once Silva went on his streak, and you probably believe everything Dana White says.

Again, you don't know **** about MMA.

Comment

Working...
                      X