Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did we learn from Strikeforce Dallas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
    Travis Wiuff knocked him out him the fight before he fought Overeem. I don't think anything else needs to be said other then that.
    TKO =/= KO.

What did you just pull up Sherdog fight finder or did you actually watch the fights?

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
      TKO =/= KO.

What did you just pull up Sherdog fight finder or did you actually watch the fights?
      I watched the fight, I doubt you did though (don't even mean that as an insult, I doubt a lot of people saw it) and here's a little gif for you

Not the best gif but Wiuff did hurt Fujita at multiple points with punches he would have laughed at earlier in his career. He got stopepd by a crisp jab against Wiuff, kinda makes Overeem's win less impressive.
      Last edited by Rudyo; 06-21-2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
        That is just not true at all. Overeem put Fujita in a coma. Who else has done that?
        I was correcting my post. I accidentally typed Werdum's name instead of Overeem. I was meaning to imply that the idea that JDS is a harder striker than Overeem because JDS kayoed Werdum and Overeem didn't is false, and that Overeem is the more powerful striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          I was correcting my post. I accidentally typed Werdum's name instead of Overeem. I was meaning to imply that the idea that JDS is a harder striker than Overeem because JDS kayoed Werdum and Overeem didn't is false, and that Overeem is the more powerful striker.
          My mistake then

Comment

You guys are acting like Overeem didn't just come out of a fight where the main goal was to keep the fight off of the ground.

JDS is the man, but as far as him being a superior striker or having more knockout power than Overeem? You guys must be ******ed. Don't act like Alistair didn't just win the K1 Heavyweight GP, there's really nothing else you need to see in order to call him the better stand up fighter. What, does he have to KTFO Schilt as well now?

This MMA math bullshit that you guys are basing your opinions off is just that, bullshit. Cro Cop, Nog, Schilt, Coleman, Randleman, Herring and 20 something other folks failed to stop Fedor, but Werdum did, so he's superior to everyone else? Fact is it's a fight, people. JDS knocking Werdum out was spectacular, but was it really that unforeseeable? A heavy handed UFC rookie striker getting tossed into the cage with a seasoned veteran in Werdum, who was getting back into contention after two stoppages over Gonzaga and Vera. JDS was nothing more than a tuner fight for Werdum, which he took advantage of by training hard and finishing the fight, launching his own career.

Overeem is the superior striker in this situation, with a superior kickboxing, submission grappling and MMA résumé. Fact is, that doesn't make him the victor. It is WHO COMES TO FIGHT.

I'd pick JDS by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
              The Reem vs. Werdum fight reminded me of the first Shamrock vs. Gracie fight.
              Yeah, also reminded me of the Silva/Leitas just not nearly as ridiculous.

Overeem may have looked human in the fight, but Werdum looked horrible. Outside of landing some pretty good punches, which could have been the cause of Overeem's lack of respect for Werdum striking ability and just over-confidence.

Also, Werdum's takedown attempts can be seen a mile away.

I think JDS would win a decision or get a late KO/TKO over Overeem. Not writing out Overeem and even though I see him losing, he has a better chance of knocking out Dos Santos than he ever did with Werdum. JDS will stand and fight with Reem, but Werdum outside of a couple of combos was basically butt-flopping the entire fight and milking the time whenever he had to stand up.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
                You guys are acting like Overeem didn't just come out of a fight where the main goal was to keep the fight off of the ground.

JDS is the man, but as far as him being a superior striker or having more knockout power than Overeem? You guys must be ******ed. Don't act like Alistair didn't just win the K1 Heavyweight GP, there's really nothing else you need to see in order to call him the better stand up fighter. What, does he have to KTFO Schilt as well now?

This MMA math bullshit that you guys are basing your opinions off is just that, bullshit. Cro Cop, Nog, Schilt, Coleman, Randleman, Herring and 20 something other folks failed to stop Fedor, but Werdum did, so he's superior to everyone else? Fact is it's a fight, people. JDS knocking Werdum out was spectacular, but was it really that unforeseeable? A heavy handed UFC rookie striker getting tossed into the cage with a seasoned veteran in Werdum, who was getting back into contention after two stoppages over Gonzaga and Vera. JDS was nothing more than a tuner fight for Werdum, which he took advantage of by training hard and finishing the fight, launching his own career.

Overeem is the superior striker in this situation, with a superior kickboxing, submission grappling and MMA résumé. Fact is, that doesn't make him the victor. It is WHO COMES TO FIGHT.

I'd pick JDS by decision.
                No one really suggested JDS was a better striker. Nate sort of intimated that he was more powerful than Reem because he kayoed Werdum, which is obviously a ******ed argument. I tried to respond, but garbled my posts by at first replacing Overeem's name with Werdum by accident. No one is debate over who is the better striker, just some fucked up posts on my part created the confusion.

Comment

I learned that one fighter that only wants to fight on the ground vs. one fighter that only wants to fight standing up can lead to an EXTREMELY ****TY fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    No one really suggested JDS was a better striker. Nate sort of intimated that he was more powerful than Reem because he kayoed Werdum, which is obviously a ******ed argument. I tried to respond, but garbled my posts by at first replacing Overeem's name with Werdum by accident. No one is debate over who is the better striker, just some fucked up posts on my part created the confusion.
                    JDS is the bigger puncher, Overeem definitely hits harder with his legs because JDS barely uses his. And a kick and a knee is always more powerful then a punch. And I believe my exact words were "does anybody doubt JDS's power now?" People seem to forget he knocked Werdum out when Overeem didn't is all I'm saying. Not JDS strikes harder then Overeem but he definitely punches harder.

People that want to suck on his dick whatever, he looked horrible whether your blinded by his dick or not and Werdum could have got that decision without much complaint. Overeem could have done lil things to win easier like jab but he's a kicker. I never said he was a bad fighter but just that he's not the unhuman superman everybody was making him out to be.

Comment

Well you can ignore it, but i've given an example, and boxing's got lots of 'em, of fighter A knocking out fighter B and fighter C knocking out fighter A but can't knock out but can't knock out B.

Marciano's one of the hardest hitters of all time. He's a mentionable at least. Harry Mathews is not....Lowry was a bum...should been an easy KO...in two fights Rocky never KO'd Lowry... caught him plenty but couldn't bring him down. KO's arn't all about power...placment does have a factor. Hand size has a factor....and so on

But then again I must be on the reem's dick...cause JDS KO'd werdum, and Overeem didn't, and I still think Overeem's punches have better form and more power..with the exception being that sweet ****ing JDS uppercut. The Reem doesn't throw them.

The chick in your sig has a bad case of tranny face....
                      Last edited by Marchegiano; 06-24-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X