No announcement yet.

Dana White is a moron...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
    Anderson Silva probably wants Dana to cut him so he can fight Roy Jones.
    Could also be the case. Roy may be shot but in a boxing ring he'll more than likely smash on Anderson. I could see Strikeforce setting up a fight on CBS though. Epic beyond imagining....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      So when does it stop being a skilled fight and become a toughman show?
      you can't compare this to toughman, c'mon. No matter what the rules are, there are gonna be 2 very skilled fighters engaging in the octagon.

Every sport has its rules which force participants to play under certain conditions, and this won't be any different. The best fighter that can fight an entertaining style wins. It takes more skill to win fighting with an entertaining style IMO.

Comment

IMO I believe Silva got frustrated midway thru the third round at Maia's lack of interest in the fight, so in the 4th and 5th when it looked like Maia actually wanted to fight, Silva repaid the favor. If you want to continue to watch Kimbo fight bums or see Bonnar vs Griffin 8 that's fine. I'd prefer to see skilled fighters doing battle....
        Frustrated or not, it was a display that really hurt the fight. Because instead of the fans getting a KO or quick ending, they got some stupid dance from Silva for 5 rounds.

Look, I'm not really pro or against Dana White but I do admire the guy for being the promoter he is and how honest he is when asked things from the media.

I guess it's because I'm so used to the corruptness of boxing that it's refreshing to hear a guy like Dana talk about making a fight better instead of hearing Don King or Bob Arum look you dead in the face and lie like it's as easy as breathing.

Dana wants the best fighters in the UFC and wants the best product out there. In this I have no doubt, I think he just gets frustrated when guys like Tito make excuses as to why not fight Chuck and Silva acting like a clown and many other instances of BS that has happened.

Comment

Could also be the case. Roy may be shot but in a boxing ring he'll more than likely smash on Anderson. I could see Strikeforce setting up a fight on CBS though. Epic beyond imagining....
          At this point, I don't see Roy Jones Jr, beating anyone, including Silva. Jones is worse than done, he has no business in a boxing ring ever again.

Comment

Why is he a moron? Its the same thing as Terrell Owens acting like a prick on the eagles and 49ers so they get rid of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              Why is he a moron? Its the same thing as Terrell Owens acting like a prick on the eagles and 49ers so they get rid of him.
              Anderson is undefeated in the UFC, holds the record for most consecutive wins, and has finished 10 out of his last 12 fights. Dana is acting like a ***** because he thinks he should control how a fighter fights when he should be thanking god he has one of the best p4p dudes in his company...

Comment

Anderson is undefeated in the UFC, holds the record for most consecutive wins, and has finished 10 out of his last 12 fights. Dana is acting like a ***** because he thinks he should control how a fighter fights when he should be thanking god he has one of the best p4p dudes in his company...
                you're starting to sound like a Silva nuthugger and Dana hater. you selectively answer to easy posts with the same tired dribble and ignore real intellectual conversation and posts.

as a mod, you are encouraging low standards for this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                  you're starting to sound like a Silva nuthugger and Dana hater. you selectively answer to easy posts with the same tired dribble and ignore real intellectual conversation and posts.

as a mod, you are encouraging low standards for this forum.
                  Not that big of a Silva fan but I've been a Dana hater for years. Not every fight is going to be the greatest fight ever. Why is it that only I am seeing the same problem in the only 2 fights Anderson didn't finish?

Comment

Not that big of a Silva fan but I've been a Dana hater for years. Not every fight is going to be the greatest fight ever. Why is it that only I am seeing the same problem in the only 2 fights Anderson didn't finish?
                    I guess its a matter of perspective on this one. although you can't ignore the fact that Silva could have finished Maia. What gave it away for me was when silva was gesturing to Maia to go at him, and when Maia stepped forward, Silva stepped back. I don't know if anyone has a gif of that, but Silva's contradicting style was probably what annoyed most especially me.

his next fight with Sonnen should be a good one though. as much as Sonnen might be an ass, he is a gamer. he'll take the fight to silva. If that fight turns out to be boring, it will be because of Silva.

Comment

Sorry man but I think you are just hating on Silva more than thinking this through.

One thing is to have a boring fight because of style match ups. Another thing is for someone to clown the whole time.

I can totally understand White's point of view.

Silva CHOSE to make the fight that way, White wasn't complain because it was a boring fight, rather that Silva did it on purpose.

Comment

Working...
                      X