Clear All

• Ronda Rousey: I Had a HISTORY Of Concussions, That's Why I Retired

https://www.sescoops.com/news/ronda-...id-concussions

Yeah, likely all from one fight.

rousey2.gif

rousey3.gif

rousey1.gif

It was the last 2.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ffc%2Fe3%2F2f98ec438df0144147ee1208b9ee%2Fla-ufc193-wre0032330295-20151115.webp
    Last edited by 4truth; 03-21-2024, 06:40 PM.

Comment

She probably had most of her concussions years before she started fighting in MMA.

Judo is a rough sport and she was a world class competitor for a very long time. Between the competitions and likely daily sparring I'm sure she took countless blows to the head.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        She probably had most of her concussions years before she started fighting in MMA.

Judo is a rough sport and she was a world class competitor for a very long time. Between the competitions and likely daily sparring I'm sure she took countless blows to the head.
        She never took significant upstairs damage as a judoka - that was what appealed to the bookers, that she was so good at just grabbing you that striking didn't matter.

But she took sustained punishment against Nunes. She came out looking like a domestic abuse victim.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post

She never took significant upstairs damage as a judoka - that was what appealed to the bookers, that she was so good at just grabbing you that striking didn't matter.

But she took sustained punishment against Nunes. She came out looking like a domestic abuse victim.
          Of course she took significant damage as a Judoka. She spent every single day for like 20 years being thrown multiple times.

Comment

Of course she took significant damage as a Judoka. She spent every single day for like 20 years being thrown multiple times.
            Concussions from Judo are possible but the whole art revolves around breaking your falls and NOT hurting yourself as you fall/get thrown and the matts are even softer than striking sports. That is why people are calling complete BS on this story from her.
            Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post

Concussions from Judo are possible but the whole art revolves around breaking your falls and NOT hurting yourself as you fall/get thrown and the matts are even softer than striking sports. That is why people are calling complete BS on this story from her.
              I practice judo myself, I am well aware of the safety measures and techniques. Sometimes there's no way to safely break a fall, and if you spar hard every single day your head will inevitably hit the ground every now and again.

Rousey began serious Judo training at age 11 and since that point has had about 27 consecutive years of Judo, then MMA, then pro wrestling. I have no doubt she's had multiple concussions from all 3.

Comment

I practice judo myself, I am well aware of the safety measures and techniques. Sometimes there's no way to safely break a fall, and if you spar hard every single day your head will inevitably hit the ground every now and again.

Rousey began serious Judo training at age 11 and since that point has had about 27 consecutive years of Judo, then MMA, then pro wrestling. I have no doubt she's had multiple concussions from all 3.
                Congratulations. I do similar grappling sports, and I know that even in Judo it would be uncommon to become a concussion case so severe that even MMA doctors would not allow her to compete. She is reaching.

I think it's obvious that as a narcissist she still can't handle that she lost badly in MMA fair and square. There still has to be a "real reason" she lost. Something that she can delude herself with in order to sleep at night.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post

Congratulations. I do similar grappling sports, and I know that even in Judo it would be uncommon to become a concussion case so severe that even MMA doctors would not allow her to compete. She is reaching.

I think it's obvious that as a narcissist she still can't handle that she lost badly in MMA fair and square. There still has to be a "real reason" she lost. Something that she can delude herself with in order to sleep at night.
                  I tend to agree.

And yes, she got dropped on her head a couple of times at an outlaw mudshow in wrestling (the "sports entertainment" kind). I still believe Nunes caused the vast majority of concussions that night. MAYBE Holm's head kick.

Comment

She might have some truth to it but honestly i just think the Holms fight broke her. Literally everything she did Holms countered with such brutality in every strike. She made her looks silly and just brutalized, completely ripped her warrior soul out. You saw when she faced Nunes she was completely shell shocked and yes like it was said looking like a domestic abuse victim. Nunes just made her decision final but holly broke that woman, Destroyed her ego. Still the most satisfying KO i think ive ever seen next to Hendo KOing Bisping

Comment

Working...
                    X