Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California State Athletic Commission approves bare-knuckle and slap fighting, BKFC plans spring 2024 card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California State Athletic Commission approves bare-knuckle and slap fighting, BKFC plans spring 2024 card

The California State Athletic Commission has voted to approve bare-knuckle fighting in the state, following athletic commissions in states such as Florida, Utah and New York.

The vote passed unanimously, 6-0, for the state to begin regulating bare-knuckle fighting events in the near future. The CSAC will oversee bare-knuckle fighting under the same guidance in sports such as MMA and boxing.

BKFC — the largest bare-knuckle fighting promotion — has already announced plans to take a card to California in spring 2024 with a date and location still to be determined. BKFC has aggressively expanded its footprint in recent years, with more and more states regulating the gloves-off promotion.

California approving the slap fighting will likely lead to other athletic commissions around the U.S. following suit. The Golden State is widely considered one of the gold standards for commissions and is led by executive director Andy Foster.

In addition to bare-knuckle fighting being approved in California, the commission also voted unanimously to approve slap fighting. UFC CEO Dana White immediately celebrated the announcement on Instagram; the UFC exec has pushed to get slap fighting legalized in Nevada, where his Power Slap promotion routinely holds events.

There’s no word yet when White will bring Power Slap to California, but it seems like only a matter of time now that the sport will be regulated there.

Power Slap is disgusting and nobody should support that nonsense.

BKFC is fine, though.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      Power Slap is disgusting and nobody should support that nonsense.

BKFC is fine, though.
      White must be losing money out of his ass on that venture

Comment

Is slap fighting making THAT much money? Obv they are paying guys $2k & a monthly bus pass to participate so its not like the expenses are huge, but how much gate are they generating for this to be moving so fast? I've heard Dana say a million times the metrics are off the chart, but its a 2sec "tiktok sport" so the views are gonna be higher I'd assume, but do ppl gaf for real for real? It doesn't really seem like it to me.

Comment

Why not that pillow fighting league while we're at it?

I did see this team fights sport a while back, kinda cool, if they clean up the rules a bit where it wasn't such a disorganized mess I'd watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Why not that pillow fighting league while we're at it?

I did see this team fights sport a while back, kinda cool, if they clean up the rules a bit where it wasn't such a disorganized mess I'd watch.
            Only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Only a matter of time.

I'm in my very late 30s but still stay in shape and train throughout the week so maybe there is still hope for me with this stuff.
              Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

I'm in my very late 30s but still stay in shape and train throughout the week so maybe there is still hope for me with this stuff.
                I think pillow fighting is in such an early period of its existence a mfer with talent could become a pioneer of pillow fighting & get into their HOF one day if they started training tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I think pillow fighting is in such an early period of its existence a mfer with talent could become a pioneer of pillow fighting & get into their HOF one day if they started training tomorrow.
                  Once I go pro the first thing I'm going to do is come on here and talk down to Rockin telling him he never "grabbed a pillow case" so he doesn't get an opinion on professional pillow fighting.
                  Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Powerslap is such a joke. Lmao, who the hell watches that garbage?

Might as well make ass slapping a sport these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X