Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White demands Peloton bikes removed from UFC gym over past conflict with comedian Theo Von: ‘F*** you, Peloton’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

You get together as a collective and meet to do it. Gotta start somewhere, like other unions did.
    Sounds easy in theory. But I suspect its not in reality.

When the barrier to entry is low I think aligning all those athletes together is a whole other thing than getting a group of rich NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB guys to work together vs a group of even richer guys. I also think team sports are probably easier to get guys on the same page than individual sports where everyone is your enemy or potential enemy. Dana & them have also been trending towards getting rid of the name guys quicker than ever as they bring in more of these Tuesday night no name guys. Which to me shows how easy it is to replace ppl til this day in MMA.

I do suspect MMA gets there, but it probably isn't til this lawsuit gets sorted out towards the fighters or a future lawsuit does so or more time passes & new guys get smarter, & collective, about how fooked up things are.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Sounds easy in theory. But I suspect its not in reality.

When the barrier to entry is low I think aligning all those athletes together is a whole other thing than getting a group of rich NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB guys to work together vs a group of even richer guys. I also think team sports are probably easier to get guys on the same page than individual sports where everyone is your enemy or potential enemy. Dana & them have also been trending towards getting rid of the name guys quicker than ever as they bring in more of these Tuesday night no name guys. Which to me shows how easy it is to replace ppl til this day in MMA.

I do suspect MMA gets there, but it probably isn't til this lawsuit gets sorted out towards the fighters or a future lawsuit does so or more time passes & new guys get smarter, & collective, about how fooked up things are.
      Agreed, won't be easy to start up in any sense

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

Agreed, won't be easy to start up in any sense
        Dana White is pretty much saying F you to the fighters by saying this. As if to say how dare they ear a living wage unless they become one of the top stars. Dana "girl's name" White's a douche.

Comment

Working...
        X