Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White demands Peloton bikes removed from UFC gym over past conflict with comedian Theo Von: ‘F*** you, Peloton’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White demands Peloton bikes removed from UFC gym over past conflict with comedian Theo Von: ‘F*** you, Peloton’

Fighters will no longer be biking on Pelotons when visiting the UFC Performance Institute.

UFC CEO Dana White demanded all of the exercise equipment made by the New York-based company removed from his gyms after comedian Theo Von told him that Peloton demanded that a past episode of his podcast had to be removed. According to Von, Peloton was a sponsor for his show and he was told to take down an interview he posted with presidential candidate Robert Kennedy Jr., which resulted in White slamming the company along with their CEO Barry McCarthy.

“So Peloton, what do they sell f****** stationary bikes?” White said during the podcast. “Peloton sells stationary bikes and they’ve got a problem with Robert f****** Kennedy? F*** you, Peloton. Who the f*** are they? Are you f****** kidding me? F****** Peloton calling and b****** about Robert Kennedy.

“Let’s see Barry McCarthy. Oh f****** Barry McCarthy looks like that guy, 100 percent. He looks like a douchebag.”

White then called in Craig Borsari, the UFC’s executive vice president of operations and productions, to tell him that all Peloton bikes had to be removed from the gym.

“Do we have Pelotons in the gym? Are those Pelotons? We’re getting rid of them,” White said. “We’re getting rid of the Pelotons. Pelotons are out of the gym. That’s what you do. You stop f****** using their products and f*** them.

“I’m not bulls******* you, you can film us. My guys are going to take the Pelotons out of the gym today. We’re getting rid of them. We’re going to go throw them in the f****** garbage today. We’re throwing the Pelotons in the garbage. We’re throwing them out of the UFC gym.”

White’s move came after he previously revealed that a major UFC sponsor once told him to remove a post he made supporting former president Donald Trump. In response, White says he told the sponsor “go f*** yourself,” although he didn’t state if the UFC continued doing business with the unnamed company.

Regardless, White quickly made the move to get rid of Peloton bikes from the UFC gym after hearing Von’s tale of woe about his own experience with the exercise equipment company.

“Imagine that f****** dork f******* picking up the phone and telling you that you can’t have Robert Kennedy, who is a Democrat by the way — you know that guy’s a f****** Democrat — telling you, that you can’t f****** have him on your show,” White raged.

“Who the f*** are you Barry McCarthy? To think you can pick up the phone and call anybody. You sell f****** stationary bikes for a living, you f****** clown. F*** you. That guy is the typical f****** pompous, arrogant f******* douchebag that I cannot stomach.”

As for Peloton’s business, the company has endured a rough run lately after reporting a net loss of $159.3 million for the third quarter of 2023 with sales also dropping year over year for the same period of time in 2022. Peloton stock was trading at $4.44 per share on Monday — down from $17.83 per share in February.

Peloton did announce partnerships with both the NBA and WNBA recently, with McCarthy stating that there wasn’t a company in the world that “wouldn’t kill to partner with Peloton now.”

He can probably remove the UFC from that list after White’s rant aimed at his company.

1bad65 1bad65 likes this.

That was a hilarious episode.

And yea fook sponsors. I think business-wise a company probably should run as straight a line as they can with drama & bullsh^t to maximize sponsorship money & options, BUT if you are gonna speak your mind you need to standby those takes & find the sponsors who fit with you not be a fake version of you/hold your tongue for the sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      That was a hilarious episode.

And yea fook sponsors. I think business-wise a company probably should run as straight a line as they can with drama & bullsh^t to maximize sponsorship money & options, BUT if you are gonna speak your mind you need to standby those takes & find the sponsors who fit with you not be a fake version of you/hold your tongue for the sponsor.
      Too bad White derails the fighters from making $$$$$$$ from sponsors

Comment

Fighters should boycott the UFC until they're allowed to have sponsors again.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

Too bad White derails the fighters from making $$$$$$$ from sponsors
          Yea that part is obviously fooked up. With how much of the revenue pot Dana & them control they didn't need to take away sponsor revenue from fighters to pad their profit even more.

And on a fan level it also took some of the personality & unique vibe/style fighters bring, but I kinda think that was part of the goal too.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Fighters should boycott the UFC until they're allowed to have sponsors again.
            Sh^t man you can't even get fighters onboard together with the money they specifically generate from events let alone this extra money from sponsors.

Any sport would do well having a players union that fights for fairness against the owners/power brokers of their sport, but I don't see that happening anytime soon in MMA.

Comment

Sh^t man you can't even get fighters onboard together with the money they specifically generate from events let alone this extra money from sponsors.

Any sport would do well having a players union that fights for fairness against the owners/power brokers of their sport, but I don't see that happening anytime soon in MMA.
              After Ngannou bailed, nobody joined up with him. Every man for himself there.

Comment

Well then they'll just continue to get f'ed in the A by the UFC then.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Well then they'll just continue to get f'ed in the A by the UFC then.
                  Obviously agree with that, but idk how you get ppl in an individual sport with a low barrier to entry like MMA to all be on the same page any time soon. I mean there have been numerous attempts to get a union, believe Jake Paul is even behind one now, without success.

Comment

Obviously agree with that, but idk how you get ppl in an individual sport with a low barrier to entry like MMA to all be on the same page any time soon. I mean there have been numerous attempts to get a union, believe Jake Paul is even behind one now, without success.
                    You get together as a collective and meet to do it. Gotta start somewhere, like other unions did.

Comment

Working...
                    X