No announcement yet.

ONE Championship tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONE Championship tonight

Stumbled across the fact that Prime airs these events live. Poorly promoted. Gonna check it out.

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
    Stumbled across the fact that Prime airs these events live. Poorly promoted. Gonna check it out.
    They don't promote them well at all. A real shame because sometimes the shows are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

They don't promote them well at all. A real shame because sometimes the shows are pretty good.
      A couple of solid fights.

The kickboxing match on the lead card was fought at a high skill level, Stamp Fairtex has star potential and they stole it from Lee a little bit. Disappointing main event in that regard but an entertaining back and forth scrap.

Comment

I saw this advertised on Thursday Night Football so I tuned in for the stream.

Stamp Fairtex is ****ing awesome, and seeing Angela Lee get beat and then give zero credit to her opponent AGAIN was ****ing SWEET. one of the most unlikable people in MMA. Gets ragdolled in round one and outboxed the rest of the fight... wants to rant about robbed. Shades of Anthony Joshua. Hilarious.
        Last edited by paulf; 10-01-2022, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I think One has the best rules. They give the best chance to strikers, allowing more kicks and elbows on the ground and none of this you can't hit someone in the face because they have one hand or knee on the ground BS. Yeah, that's not real fighting.
          paulf paulf likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            I think One has the best rules. They give the best chance to strikers, allowing more kicks and elbows on the ground and none of this you can't hit someone in the face because they have one hand or knee on the ground BS. Yeah, that's not real fighting.
            Yeah, I love that.

I don't love the "fight is scored as a whole" rule, seems like an opportunity to give the fight to whoever ya want, but then again they got it right when they handed their star a loss last night.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

Yeah, I love that.

I don't love the "fight is scored as a whole" rule, seems like an opportunity to give the fight to whoever ya want, but then again they got it right when they handed their star a loss last night.
              One is heavily underrated. I wish they were on a major network.

Comment

Yeah, I love that.

Ah interesting. UFC did that early on when they started scoring fights. Do they at least have 5 minute rounds. like the other promotions? 3 for undercards and 5 for main events and title fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Ah interesting. UFC did that early on when they started scoring fights. Do they at least have 5 minute rounds. like the other promotions? 3 for undercards and 5 for main events and title fights?
                  Yep, same as UFC - 3 five minute rounds unless its for a belt, then its 5 five minute rounds.

I think it's weird - if the fight is scored as a whole, why have rounds? I'd rather they just fight uninterrupted for 25 minutes.

But what the hell do I know, LOL.

Comment

Yep, same as UFC - 3 five minute rounds unless its for a belt, then its 5 five minute rounds.

I think it's weird - if the fight is scored as a whole, why have rounds? I'd rather they just fight uninterrupted for 25 minutes.

But what the hell do I know, LOL.
                    Yeah, like they also used to do in the earlier UFC days. And then they'd just pick a name. I like how they would even write it down on a placard with a marker. No way Dan Severn should've gotten 2 votes to 1 over Ken Shamrock though in their rematch. Dan didn't do shiznit for most of that fight, just circling. They seemed to score how the fight ended rather than most of the fight as a whole. Also thought Mark Coleman got robbed when he dominated most of the earlier minutes on an earlier title defense and they gave it to the other guy. I think it was the Maurice Smith fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X