No announcement yet.

Do you think Gane could compete with Usyk and Fury in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Gane could compete with Usyk and Fury in boxing

Because Ciryl is fast and technical not saying he would win but I figure he would do better than Francis would if he boxed those two.

No. Look at how long it took world champion kickboxers like Chris Algieri and Sergey Lipinets to adjust to boxing. Both eventually won boxing world titles but it took Algieri 20 fights and Lipinets 13 fights.

The movement, footwork, and angles are very different. Gane would get stopped by Fury or Usyk inside 5 rounds unless he committed to boxing long term and took a dozen or more fights first.

Comment

No. Kicks are Gane's biggest weapon. He'd be handicapped without them.

Comment

I don't think he would complete with anyone in the top 20

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
          I don't think he would complete with anyone in the top 20
          I'm with Tophat here.
          tophat1 tophat1 likes this.

Comment

He would do better than Francis but he's not going to give either of those two any issues.

Comment

In a pure boxing match, no not at all. Hes a multifaceted striker, take away the kicks, knees, elbows plus his solid wrestling threat and obviously hes nowhere near as effective. Ngannou is more straightforward boxing and has way more power but hes not as slick and his gas tank is suspect, so I dont know who would do better out of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                No. Look at how long it took world champion kickboxers like Chris Algieri and Sergey Lipinets to adjust to boxing. Both eventually won boxing world titles but it took Algieri 20 fights and Lipinets 13 fights.

The movement, footwork, and angles are very different. Gane would get stopped by Fury or Usyk inside 5 rounds unless he committed to boxing long term and took a dozen or more fights first.
                And so many others!

Tyrone Spong is kicking around right now

Big Baby didn't get far

Botha

Herdsey

Fujimoto who just got KO'd not too long ago by Parker, i think, was a champion.

Skelton

Le Banner

Just a ton of kickboxers who never did much in boxing.

Comment

Gane would be absolutely destroyed by any top 10 Heavyweight Boxer.

Comment

Working...
                  X