No announcement yet.

Frank Mir Says Fedor Should Retire, Go Home And Disappear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Punch Me View Post
    Can you explain why or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing ?

Competition is good, money is good, recognition is good.
    It's about business. If you don't understand that, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a fan, I don't really understand business, but I guess it has to do with M1 Global crap

Comment

he looks like that dude who lost badly to lesnar.

Comment

Originally posted by Punch Me View Post
          Yeah, I'm a fan, I don't really understand business, but I guess it has to do with M1 Global crap
          Fedor is basically his own promotion at this point. It's a sad state of affairs currently with the us-against-them mentality between the UFC and non-UFC, however I think there is significant talent coming up outside of the UFC right now. Mousasi may be the second best LHW in the world, and Muhammed Lawal is a phenomenal fighter, after only 5 fights (and he just came off of ACL reconstructive surgery, so he'll soon be back in full force). Lawal is on record that he intends to remain independent, and not be bound into an exclusive contract.

The UFC has long been the 500 pound gorilla in the room, however Strikeforce is actually the real deal. They did not just arise from nowhere, as was the case with Affliction and EliteXC.

In addition, M-1 is utilizing a partnership with Strikeforce, so that M-1 is able to utilize the platform which Strikeforce provides. As such, the signings of high-profile fighters Emelianenko and Mousasi cannot be viewed in such a light as that they are draining resources from Strikeforce (hence the $5000 reported purse for Mousasi's last fight).

Also, it is significant to note that while Fedor enjoys a cult following in the West, he is a well established figure in the East. In this way, M-1 Global, it seems, is able to capitalize on this international appeal of Fedor, etc. as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
            Fedor would go to the UFC if/when it made sense to do so. So far it doesn't.
            It does make sense, to suggest there is anything better about the deal with Strikeforce is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
              It does make sense, to suggest there is anything better about the deal with Strikeforce is absurd.
              Read above.

Comment

Read above.
                I have and it sounds rather like propaganda. Using three fighters, one of them yet to have a meaningful fight, as examples of the wealth of talent outwith UFC is denial in the extreme. Likewise, repeating myths like "Fedor is big in the rest of the world" doesn't really carry much weight. It is entirely possible to maintain respect for Fedor while criticisng his decision to sign for Strikeforce.

Comment

I have and it sounds rather like propaganda. Using three fighters, one of them yet to have a meaningful fight, as examples of the wealth of talent outwith UFC is denial in the extreme. Likewise, repeating myths like "Fedor is big in the rest of the world" doesn't really carry much weight. It is entirely possible to maintain respect for Fedor while criticisng his decision to sign for Strikeforce.
                  Then I refer you to this one:
                  It's about business. If you don't understand that, you wouldn't understand.
                  Seriously, I get tired of arguing the same **** over and over on here.

Comment

It is not a myth it is a fact, and I didn't merely repeat it, I mentioned it as an afterthought.

And I didn't explain my reasoning in full, however judging by your response I don't think we can have a meaningful discussion here.

Comment

Seriously, I get tired of arguing the same **** over and over on here.
                      Less money, less exposure for M1 - explain to me the business sense in that?

Comment

Working...
                      X