No announcement yet.

Why i converted to MMA!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
    In boxing everybody wants to be their own ****ing boss and because of that the fans never get to see the fights they want to see and the desire for 20 million dollar paydays is contributing to that
    So how do you explain Couture/Fedor and Fedor/Lesnar not happening.

You know why those fights didnt happen?

Money, greed and politics.

You know why fights like Aoki/Penn wont happen?

The same thing.

The list goes on.

There are bigger, more exciting fights being made in boxing right now than in MMA. Super Six, Pac/Cotto, JMM/Mayweather.

I doubt anybody really cared for Griffin/Silva, Penn/Florian, Nog/Couture, Rampage/Jardine, Bisping/Henderson, Bisping/Leben, Stevenson/Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler loc View Post
      Because you're a faggot, Good riddance.
      hahahahaha no doubt
      Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
      Cry about it kid.

It's public forum people can say whatever the **** they want.

As for you, even though by your account this guy is an attention whore, you just had to give him attention didn't you?

You're not too bright are you?
      Ooh Oh No! He can say whatever he wants! Ah gee whiz, I forgot this was a public forum. You're fucking comical man. Keep going. Tell me more haha tell me more. Try to hurt my feelings over the intraweb.

Comment

Well i don't see a reason why you need to "convert" but i guess whatever floats your boat. I love MMA more than boxing but eh, Boxing's still got some goods for me. They both got great fights coming up so ah well.

Comment

1) You have very high standards to what a good boxer/fighter is, either that or you're just ignorant. For every good mma fighter there's 2 good boxers/fighters.

2) Boxing is a sport, but it is also a business. Ufc is a sport, but it is also a business. The goal of a business is to make money. There are fan friendly fighters and fight being made, you sound ignorant to the fact.

3) and 4) are the same and if you think that if the guy you thought won the fight and that's the only opinion there can be on a fight, then you're the one who's wrong. There will be a lot of different opinions on a fight differing to yours. I thought Rich Franklin beat Dan Henderson. Did he win? No.

5) If you don't think Pacquiao-Cotto, Klitschko-Arreola, Pavlik-Williams, Mosley-Clottey, Super Middleweight Tourney, Valero-Soto, Mayweather-Marquez, Haye-Valuev, Dawson-Johnson II, Bute-Andrade II, etc. are fights worth looking forward too, then you don't know **** about boxing anyway. For every mma fight, there's a boxing fight that IMO will be better action wise. All before the end of the year.

6) Look up: Marquez-Diaz, Hatton-Pacquiao, Pitalua-Reyes, Bailey-Figueroa, Alvarado-Clottey, Froch-Taylor, Margarito-Mosley, Adamek-Banks, Afolabi-Maccarinelli, Viloria-Solis, etc. if you don't think those are brutal knockouts/endings, this sport isn't for you. I limited myself to what happened this year only.

7) I agree, but that's why there's a Ring champ and if their isn't, the fighter at #1 in the Ring Ratings is usually considered, well, the #1.

8) It's easier to look dominant when your competition is limited to an organization where you can't fight the best. Pacquiao, Mayweather, the Klitschko bros., and Hasegawa, have all showed that level of dominance over as good or even better levels of opposition.

You sound like an unloyal turd that's nitpicking because he got swooped up by the hype train. Boxing>mma

Comment

pugilistfan has just destroyed this thread. TS, please go back to sherdog.

Comment

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
              the japanese will never run out of shows,and plus theres muay thai and the k-1 which is very enjoyable to watch.
              Boxing is too corrupt for you, but you like Japanese MMA and fuckin K1? That doesn't make sense. And what Muay Thai fights do you watch?

MMA is a great sport, but it still has its ****ty politics. Fighters are signed to slave contracts by the UFC. Fedor is not ever going to fight Couture, or Lesnar, or in the UFC. Mousasi probably will never fight Machida, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, or in the UFC either. Aoki will never fight Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                pugilistfan has just destroyed this thread. TS, please go back to sherdog.
                Not really, he's merely stated his usual redundant inaccuracies.

Comment

Originally posted by pugilistfan View Post
                  So how do you explain Couture/Fedor and Fedor/Lesnar not happening.
                  Nobody wants to see Couture Fedor anymore. Lesnar Fedor won't happen because the UFC and M-1 can't come to a contractual agreement. It has nothing to do with money, but the fact that M-1 wants to co-promote and the UFC doesn't

Money, greed and politics.
                  Politics maybe, but money and greed? No way at least not very often.
                  You know why fights like Aoki/Penn wont happen?

The same thing.
                  Wrong. I'm sorry but Aoki would get destroyed by Penn. That is a stupid fight. And BJ is the champion why would he want to walk away?

Aoki probably won't fight in the UFC or the states because they won't let him wear his stupid pants.

There are bigger, more exciting fights being made in boxing right now than in MMA. Super Six, Pac/Cotto, JMM/Mayweather.

I doubt anybody really cared for Griffin/Silva, Penn/Florian, Nog/Couture, Rampage/Jardine, Bisping/Henderson, Bisping/Leben, Stevenson/Sanchez.
                  Noguiera Couture was actually a very popular fight among hardcore fans and the numbers the UFC is pulling in over the past 10 events speaks for itself.

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
                  Ooh Oh No! He can say whatever he wants! Ah gee whiz, I forgot this was a public forum. You're fucking comical man. Keep going. Tell me more haha tell me more. Try to hurt my feelings over the intraweb.
                  I'm comical? Says the guy who hates MMA, posts in this section to hate and calls people attention whores and then contributes to the thread and thus giving them attention.

I don't need to make you look like an idiot. You do a good enough job of that yourself.

Comment

If 4 some CRAAZY reason u stop watching Boxing cuz u think MMA is so much better than u were never a Boxing fan 2 begin with. Don't let the door hit u on ur way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
                      No one gives a ****. No one's begging you to watch boxing. If you wanna feel like someone cares, call up your mom and let her know how you feel.
                      If u dont give a **** why respond? Obviously people care else they wouldnt respond ,why call my mum when i can call ur mother hhahah kid go to ur hate thread where u spend most of ur days and nights and put down how much u hate me
                      Last edited by DiLLiNGER; 08-31-2009, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X