No announcement yet.

Why i converted to MMA!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by We want Floyd View Post
    All those reasons you pointed out will be gone once the UFC meets its match.

There's other MMA promotions, they just haven't had the ammunition to go head-to-head with the UFC. But, when that day comes, it's just gonna be like boxing.
    That won't happen at least not for a very long time. There have been competitors backed by people with a lot more money like Mark Cuban and Donald Trump and they've all gone under.

It's more about just having money, it's understanding the business, knowing how to get the name out to the casual fan, and having enough fighters to put on shows enough to keep it interesting.

That isn't as easy as it sounds.

Firstly the biggest problem is marketing it to the casual fan, because most casual fans still refer to the sport as "UFC" or "Ultimate Fighting"

Then it's a matter of having enough fighters to consistently put on good fights. Unless you want it to be like dream and have Eddie Alvarez, Joachim Hansen and Shinya Aoki constantly fighting each other and pretty soon seeing Jacare and Miller fight for the 10th time.

Secondly. UFC is the pinnacle organization. Fighters strive and wait their entire careers to get to fight in the UFC, not many fighters strive to be able to fight in Strikeforce or Dream. And because of that the UFC will continue to suck up all the talent and the competitors will be stuck with the UFC's left overs or very few top level fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
      1) Good Boxing fighters are dying out.
      2) Its all about money no one wants to fight for the fans.
      3) Judging is kurupted (just ask paulie if u dont belive me)
      4) You fight overseas esspecialy in germany you know you gotta knock em out to get a victory (just ask holyfield)
      5) No fights to look forward to (yes yes i know pacquiao-cotto WOW)
      6) Not as brutal as the MMA or K-1
      7)Too many divisions and promoting companies,hard to tell whos the real champ
      8) Fedor Emilienko,he brings fighting to another level.

(i still love boxing but the good ol days are over,when b hop pacquiao and shane mosley retire its over man)

oh yea i nearly forgot a big thanks to the klitschko brothers who still make boxing and esspecialy the HW division interesting,they have done so for many years.
      No one gives a ****. No one's begging you to watch boxing. If you wanna feel like someone cares, call up your mom and let her know how you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
        No one gives a ****. No one's begging you to watch boxing. If you wanna feel like someone cares, call up your mom and let her know how you feel.
        If nobody cares, why did you feel the need to respond...????

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
          If nobody cares, why did you feel the need to respond...????
          Attention whore makes a thread titled "Why i converted to MMA!"

Oh my god! The exclusive story on why some guy is going to turn his tv to something else! How much for the movie rights?

Save this bull**** for twitter or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
            Attention whore makes a thread titled "Why i converted to MMA!"

Oh my god! The exclusive story on why some guy is going to turn his tv to something else! How much for the movie rights?

Save this bull**** for twitter or something.
            Cry about it kid.

It's public forum people can say whatever the **** they want.

As for you, even though by your account this guy is an attention whore, you just had to give him attention didn't you?

You're not too bright are you?

Comment

1) Good Boxing fighters are dying out.
              2) Its all about money no one wants to fight for the fans.
              3) Judging is kurupted (just ask paulie if u dont belive me)
              4) You fight overseas esspecialy in germany you know you gotta knock em out to get a victory (just ask holyfield)
              5) No fights to look forward to (yes yes i know pacquiao-cotto WOW)
              6) Not as brutal as the MMA or K-1
              7)Too many divisions and promoting companies,hard to tell whos the real champ
              8) Fedor Emilienko,he brings fighting to another level.

(i still love boxing but the good ol days are over,when b hop pacquiao and shane mosley retire its over man)

oh yea i nearly forgot a big thanks to the klitschko brothers who still make boxing and esspecialy the HW division interesting,they have done so for many years.
              I love how he bashes the sport of boxing for being corrupt and has a picture of Badr Hari and is a proud supporter of K-1 which is the most criminal organization i've ever seen.

1. There are a ton of great fighters, very exciting ones too. If you dont like guys like JMM, Cotto, Mosley, Mayweather, Pacquaio, Froch, Abraham, Kessler, Ward, Cunningham, Adamek, JML, Caballero, Diaz, Martinez etc you just dont like boxing.
              2. If they didnt want to fight for the fans they wouldnt be doing a Super Six tournament which is extremely risky for ALL FIGHTERS involved. There are plenty of risky fights. Cotto/Margarito, Cotto/Mosley, Margarito/Mosley, Hatton/Pacquiao, JMM/Pacquiao, Pavlik/Hopkins, Adamek/Cunningham, Hopkins/Calzaghe, Diaz/JMM, JMM/Casamayor, Darchinyan/Agbeko and many more.
              3. Judging is corrupt? Didnt you just say you watched MMA and K-1. Two combat sports with their fair share of robberies as well. And fixed fights.
              4. Cant disagree with you there. But its no secret English fighters get favoured quite heavily in England for UFC shows. Bisping/Hamill.
              5. Idiotic. Wont even respond.
              6. God you're an idiot.
              7. Who the hell are the MMA champions. Most people only know the UFC champions. The same UFC champions who some have NEVER fought outside North America. Is Aoki better than Penn? Fedor better than Lesnar? Shields better than GSP? Are the numerous quality BWs in Japan better than Bowles and Torres? There are plenty of divisions in boxing but many of them are in the lighter weights. Above 154, there are just as many weight classes in MMA than there is in boxing.
              8. Fedor? The same guy who fought a bunch of cans for 3 years? AA and Sylvia are good wins but do you know who he fought before that? Lindland, Hong Man Choi, Hunt, Coleman, Zulu. Just an absolute joke for someone who is considered the best in the sport. At least boxings HW champion fights solid opposition. In fact, all of boxings best fighters fight much more quality opposition than Fedor.

For some reason, I think I just wasted my time and that you're just being sarcastic but if you're not, then my god you're a huge idiot.

Comment

Because you're a faggot, Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Pimpin View Post
                  I always wanted to box so when I got a little extra $$ I decided to sign up for training. The best price was at J-Sect academy (owned by John Luis) where Skipper Kelp trained boxing and Marvin Eastman trained Kickboxing. They also had Jui Jitsu up stairs but I never really cared to watch them.

Too make a long story short as time went on I began to realize how technical MMA really was. To me it was boxing plus a bunch of other beautiful ****.

All of a sudden new guys start comin around like GSP Silva and PAge ( not so new) and those guys amongst other sealed the deal.

MMA is the pinnacle of all combat competition and every man should know how to intelligently defend himself and his family..
                  Boxers, MT fighters know how to intelligently defend themselves just as well as any MMA'er.

Is there really any difference between a fighter like Maia and a fighter like Bhop?

Sure one competes in a less limited combat sport but at the end of the day both are considered one-dimensional. And Maia just got his head knocked off when he tried to stand.

And its your opinion if you feel MMA is more technical, but facts arent on your side.

In MMA, you dont box, you punch. The striking is horrid and when a good striker rolls around like Machida and Silva, they steamroll the competition and are seen as gods even though in reality they are simply applying basic striking fundamentals like countering, distancing and timing.

Comment

Originally posted by King Flawless View Post
                    Khan and Diaz?? Are you serious???
                    Why wouldnt he be? Diaz is a very good young fighter. Hes only 25. And Khan is only 22 years of age who is coming into his own in a heavier weight class and hes got great skills.

Comment

but like i said i still lvoe boxing thanks to fighters like the klitschkos floyd and pacquiao.Whats gonna happen when they dissapear?
                      They will do what they've been doing for over 100 years and develop new stars.

Remember when people said Mayweather/DLH was the last big fight?

Well theres been HUGE fights since than bigger than ANY fight in MMA.

When Pacquiao and Floyd retire, there will be a dozen fighters stepping into take their place.

Comment

Working...
                      X