Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next for Hughes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even think BJ is a welterweight anymore and even if he is, it wouldn't be a good match, Hughes is too old

Comment

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus View Post
      I think the game caught up to Hughes and he never truly evolved into a well rounded fighter.

He always tended to rely on his wrestling an athletic ability and once he came up against someone he couldn't outwrestle he got exposed.

He should retire.

Very well put.

He should retire knowing he pretty much made that division what it is today.

Comment

Originally posted by TBEC2 View Post
        Very well put.

He should retire knowing he pretty much made that division what it is today.
        are u for real??? Hughes didnt make the divisoin u **** tard. the whole talent along with GSP made the WW what it is today u redneck.

Comment

Originally posted by 2swell k-wells View Post
          are u for real??? Hughes didnt make the divisoin u **** tard. the whole talent along with GSP made the WW what it is today u redneck.
          Dude, Hughes is without a doubt the greatest Welterweight champ in UFC history, his record & his championship reign speaks for itself.

He has more successful titles defenses than anyone in UFC history and has wins over BJ & GSP. He also completely embarrassed Royce Gracie.

His record speaks for itself and he did put the Welterweight division on the map, whether you want to admit it or not.

I personally think the guy is a major *******, so there is not one ounce of bias in my post.

Chill with the name calling, we are here for a bit of fun, no need to be a dick if you don't agree with what someone has said.

Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus View Post
            Dude, Hughes is without a doubt the greatest Welterweight champ in UFC history, his record & his championship reign speaks for itself.

He has more successful titles defenses than anyone in UFC history and has wins over BJ & GSP. He also completely embarrassed Royce Gracie.

His record speaks for itself and he did put the Welterweight division on the map, whether you want to admit it or not.

I personally think the guy is a major *******, so there is not one ounce of bias in my post.

Chill with the name calling, we are here for a bit of fun, no need to be a dick if you don't agree with what someone has said.

Peace.
            Ye, Hughes did make the division what it is today, and whoever disagrees really doesn't no much about UFC. He's been there for a while and defended his belt against many top fighters. He is by farr the greatest WW in UFC history. GSP is one of my favourite WW ever but compared to Hughes history, he has been more successful and has more experience then GSP. GSP might be better style wise, but Hughes was the top fighter in his prime.

Comment

Are you serious?? Do your homework.

GSP has held the belt once and lost the damn thing on his first defense. Hughes has held the belt twice and successfully defended it 9 times.

If you wanna hug GSP's nuts that fine, but dont deny the fact that Hughes was once top dog of that yard for a long time and made the staple of what a welter weight should be.

Comment

Originally posted by TBEC2 View Post
                Are you serious?? Do your homework.

GSP has held the belt once and lost the damn thing on his first defense. Hughes has held the belt twice and successfully defended it 9 times.

If you wanna hug GSP's nuts that fine, but dont deny the fact that Hughes was once top dog of that yard for a long time and made the staple of what a welter weight should be.
                he was succesful but 1 man dont make a division. Look at Anderson Silva and how many times he is defending the title and still the MW division is wack.

Comment

he was succesful but 1 man dont make a division. Look at Anderson Silva and how many times he is defending the title and still the MW division is wack.
                  What are you argueing? That GSP made the division or that the WW division is wack. Your mentioning two completely unrelated subjects that don't connect. First you said GSP made the WW division then your comparing it to middleweight and saying WW is ****? Make a clear point

Comment

Hughes Serra needs to happen.

Comment

a few words from matt serra, from mmamadness.com

Matt Serra On His Place In MMA:

I am the MMA version of The Cinderella Man, except my fight didn’t go the distance. When you beat the man, you’re the man. Matt Hughes was the man and he got beat soundly by GSP. I knocked out GSP, so I am the man right now.

Serra On Georges St. Pierre:

Afterward he made up some excuses, but he apologized. He is a young guy who got the belt at an early age. There’s no reason for me to be angry at him. It’s not like Matt Hughes, who I think is a moron. GSP is a good guy.

Serra On Matt Hughes:

I’d like to fight Matt Hughes at some point. That fight has to happen regardless (of what happens against GSP). Too much has been done and said. Some guys win some fights and they become *******s. I’m no different for better or worse. But Matt Hughes brings out the worst in me. He is mentally challenged. I haven’t read his book. People said it makes him sound like a dickhead. That’s not surprising. He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Serra On His First Fight With Georges St. Pierre.

People love GSP, but you can’t deny what I have done. You have Matt Hughes saying it was a lucky punch, but he’s a ******. Georges was supposed to be the new MMA god; the guy on the Wheaties box.. As far as everyone was concerned, I was just a little Italian guy that got lucky. It wasn’t one punch.I got the better of every exchange. I had a gameplan and it was my night. People will say what they want to say. I haven’t lost any sleep over it. What can they say anyway? That I didn’t dominate that fight? It doesn’t matter. Critics can’t get into the cage with you unless they are in your head. Look, when I get (to Montreal's Bell Centre), I know (the fans) are going to be against me. That’s Ok. I already have my family and friends, I could use a few enemies. So boo me. Boo me you drunks!

Comment

Working...
                      X