No announcement yet.

The 'ask Katie' thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FLABBER View Post
    Can you make belgian buns? I fancy one right about now.
    I've never made those as I've never seen one (they don't seem to have them in the US), but the recipe looks simple enough and I've made similar things.

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyawkward View Post
      Sure, if you want a cake that isn't really a "cake" by definition. All low-calorie cakes seem to lack the desired texture and taste. Some of them taste okay, but none of them taste like what you think of when cake comes to mind.
      That sucks, but I figured it might be that way.

Did you put on 15lbs on purpose, or just have to many of your own cakes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        That sucks, but I figured it might be that way.

Did you put on 15lbs on purpose, or just have to many of your own cakes?
        I didn't do it on purpose (although I was a bit too skinny before gaining the weight anyway). I didn't do it through eating cake, though. From what I can recall, all I changed is that I drank diet soda every day for 3 months. Diet soda scares me now! I try not to drink diet soda or regular soda anymore.

Comment

• A friend of mine has put on about 15lbs recently. He looks like this now http://www2.caulifloweralleyclub.org.../tentaobit.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            A friend of mine has put on about 15lbs recently. He looks like this now http://www2.caulifloweralleyclub.org.../tentaobit.jpg
            Yikes. I never looked like that. I was scrawny to begin with.

Comment

I've never made those as I've never seen one (they don't seem to have them in the US), but the recipe looks simple enough and I've made similar things.
              Are you telling me you've never had a belgian bun!? that's child abuse!

Comment

• What about another favourite of mine -- custard tarts?

Comment

Yikes. I never looked like that. I was scrawny to begin with.
                  Yeah, he was a rather portly fellow to begin with.

Comment

• You still with that hideous boyfriend of yours?

Clegg, post that pic of you with a suit on, that'll change her mind in no time.

Comment

• My **** is a decent size but I don't think it can reach across the Atlantic Ocean.

Comment

Working...
                      X