Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yh think Portsmouth will nick it Defoe is on a good run and Man City are so inconsistant this year!! hope it's a good game, seen so many poor football games recently!!

Comment

• When I saw that Evans and Bardlsey were injured and replaced by Higginbotham and McShane my actual response was 'I'll be surprised if we keep it down to less than 3'. We did, but defensive mistakes from Higginbotham and McShane cost us. In the summer, get rid of them both.

Fair play to Newcastle, you deserved the win.

Comment

• just got back from a two day bender (no jokes please) what day is it, well I'm back out the neet.

Comment

• John Arne Riise linked with Newcastle

Last Updated: 1:09am BST 23/04/2008

Newcastle United captain Michael Owen could be reunited with former Liverpool team-mate John Arne Riise at St James' Park, with Kevin Keegan seeking a new left-back.

The pair played together at Anfield under Gerard Houllier and now Riise, 27, is being touted as a possible close-season replacement for £6 million Spanish defender Jose Enrique.

Keegan has already hinted that the likes of Riise could be a target as he made it clear that he is considering signing players on the periphery of the first team at the Premier League's 'big four'.

With Charles N'Zogbia almost certain to leave for Tottenham this summer, Owen would welcome the arrival of Norway international Riise and that might persuade him to agree to a new deal on Tyneside.

Keegan has also been linked with Wayne Bridge but Riise's attacking instincts could appeal more.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
            John Arne Riise linked with Newcastle

Last Updated: 1:09am BST 23/04/2008

Newcastle United captain Michael Owen could be reunited with former Liverpool team-mate John Arne Riise at St James' Park, with Kevin Keegan seeking a new left-back.

The pair played together at Anfield under Gerard Houllier and now Riise, 27, is being touted as a possible close-season replacement for £6 million Spanish defender Jose Enrique.

Keegan has already hinted that the likes of Riise could be a target as he made it clear that he is considering signing players on the periphery of the first team at the Premier League's 'big four'.

With Charles N'Zogbia almost certain to leave for Tottenham this summer, Owen would welcome the arrival of Norway international Riise and that might persuade him to agree to a new deal on Tyneside.

Keegan has also been linked with Wayne Bridge but Riise's attacking instincts could appeal more.
            Yeah I read about this the other week, I would like to see Riise come to join us but want a strong experienced centre back to partner taylor! Riise is miserble at the Pool and would get a lot of games at St James.

Don't want N'zogbia to go though, i really think he will be a TOP player in a couple of years, also he works well playing with Milner.

Comment

• Riise, would'nt go near him, has no right foot, right footed Millner is a better player down the left, I would even stick with Duff. Bridge would be a star buy he is far better than that puff Cole at Chelski, but Enrique is ending the season on fire at the min, the 2 fullbacks have saved our season, same team as wanker Sam but now playing the game how it should be played not lumping it up to the big Vaduka, and **** head Sam said Martins and Owen could never play togeather we now know what he knows about football **** all.
              One big fast Centre Half is all we need with a good Gazza style midfielder, Emre might be that player if we can get him fit, How good is Keegan, twats in south based papers said Keegan would bottle it, been out of the game to long, has no tactics and is clueless, Big Sam best English manager in the game and the Geordies know **** all about football, well **** OFF big SAM and ****OFF every **** who knows nothing about Newcastle.

Comment

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
                Riise, would'nt go near him, has no right foot, right footed Millner is a better player down the left, I would even stick with Duff. Bridge would be a star buy he is far better than that puff Cole at Chelski, but Enrique is ending the season on fire at the min, the 2 fullbacks have saved our season, same team as wanker Sam but now playing the game how it should be played not lumping it up to the big Vaduka, and **** head Sam said Martins and Owen could never play togeather we now know what he knows about football **** all.
                One big fast Centre Half is all we need with a good Gazza style midfielder, Emre might be that player if we can get him fit, How good is Keegan, twats in south based papers said Keegan would bottle it, been out of the game to long, has no tactics and is clueless, Big Sam best English manager in the game and the Geordies know **** all about football, well **** OFF big SAM and ****OFF every **** who knows nothing about Newcastle.
                Wow that's some proper passion!!!

Bridge would be good but may cost a bit much I agree that the back four are playing a lot better recently but IMO have been to often caught cold!Taylor is quality and with a good partner would be really solid. Beye has had a good first season, he is safe positionally and gets up the field when counter attacking. Not sure about Jose Enrique yet and i think Faye isn't up to the Toon's standards!

With regard to a midfielder Emre hasn't been fitt since he arrived, Duff has been a bit dissappointing. Smith, Geremi, Barton and Butt are all quite similar players IMO. would love to see someone like Deco play here. problem is getting the balance right at the moment, Milner is the best we got and think that he is really the only one (Emre not inc.) who can make something out of nothing, especially now Charles is going!

Comment

• i think we need to keep hold of charles N'Zogbia. i know hes had a poor season but i truly believe he will be a top player. i have a lot of faith in the lad. Not too sure about John Arne Riise. ive never really be too keen on him. I know he can score goals, and thats always good from a defensive sort of player. im just not sure if he would fit in.

how much are liverpool looking to offload him for?

Comment

• Why are we taking Liverpool's leftovers.

Comment

• Newcastle on verge of signing Luka Modric

By Rob Stewart
                      Last Updated: 1:42am BST 24/04/2008

Newcastle are close to buying highly-rated Croatia midfielder Luka Modric in a £12 million deal with Dinamo Zagreb.

Dinamo vice-president Zdravko Mamic met Newcastle representatives at the city's Malmaison hotel this week for talks over the playmaker who will be a key member of Slaven Bilic's Croatia side at Euro 2008.

It is understood the deal has been spearheaded by Newcastle's director of football, Dennis Wise, and should Modric, 22, sign it would represent a significant coup as he has attracted the attention of Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal.

Mamic, who oversaw Eduardo da Silva's move to Arsenal, has informally confirmed that Modric is near to finalising a move to Newcastle, where manager Kevin Keegan is short of midfield creativity.

There were suggestions last night that Modric was already celebrating a money-spinning move, although it is doubtful that he would earn the £80,000 a week being paid to Dinamo old boy Mark Viduka.

Modric had also been linked with Barcelona, but his compatriot, Portsmouth's Niko Kranjcar, recommended that he move to the Premier League.

Modric underlined his potential during the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign and was instrumental in the 3-2 defeat of England at Wembley in November that alerted clubs across Europe to his talent. Modric's arrival would hasten the departure of Turkey international Emre, but England Under-21 captain Steven Taylor is to be offered a new deal.

"Taylor is a young and promising defender," Newcastle chairman Chris Mort said. "We would like him to stay at Newcastle long term. We will sit down with Steven and his father, and hopefully work something out."

Luka Modric factfile

Born: Zadar, Yugoslavia on Sept 9, 1985
                      Club: Dinamo Zagreb
                      Position: Left midfield
                      Claim to fame: Played in the Croatia team who won 3-2 at Wembley to end Steve McClaren's reign as England coach
                      Linked with: Newcastle, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea, Barcelona …

Comment

Working...
                      X