This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FULL TIME:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6...nitedfcaf5.pngvs. http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1...ngbadgeph9.png

St. James' Park
    Saturday, 05 April 2008
    Kick-off: 15:00

Newcastle 3-0 Reading

GOALS!
    Martins (18) Owen (43) Viduka (58)
    -------------
    Line-ups:

Newcastle

* 13 Harper
    * 21 Beye
    * 25 Faye (82 Diatta)
    * 30 Edgar
    * 03 Jose Enrique
    * 20 Geremi
    * 22 Butt (79 Smith)
    * 07 Barton
    * 09 Martins (x1)
    * 10 Owen (x1)
    * 36 Viduka (x1) (74 Duff)

Substitutes

* 34 Forster
    * 11 Duff
    * 15 Diatta
    * 17 Smith
    * 39 Carroll

Reading

* 01 Hahnemann
    * 19 Rosenior
    * 16 Ingimarsson
    * 22 Bikey http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1575/ycardwk5.gif
    * 03 Shorey
    * 11 Oster (60 Convey)
    * 15 Harper
    * 04 Cisse (72 Fae)
    * 10 Hunt
    * 12 Kitson (72 Long)
    * 09 Doyle

Substitutes

* 32 Federici
    * 17 Convey
    * 20 Fae
    * 24 Long
    * 29 Duberry

Ref: Lee Probert
    Last edited by Flab; 04-05-2008, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• It's 2-0 lads!

Comment

• Nice finish by Owen there.

Comment

• Hope we can keep hold of Martins for next season. As soon as he gets a good run of games he is quality!

Comment

• Newcastle have got their confidence back now. They should be fine.

I've got a £10 treble on Villa (1-0), N'Hampton (2-0) and Southend (2-0) today. Looking good up to now

Comment

• No chance of relegation. I am just hoping we can overtake Tottenham, had bets on us doing the double on them and finishing above them this season.... halfway there!!!

Comment

• 3-0! Viduka.

What a team! no need to buy anyone this summer!

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
                  3-0! Viduka.

What a team! no need to buy anyone this summer!
                  Ahahahaha.

You need to buy some players who dont completely lose their heads when they dont have the confidence boost of a few losses.

There was nothing wrong with the QUALITY of the players that Allardyce bought, and its those who are now bringing you out of the ****. In fact, the quality of the Newcastle team should've had you in the top 6, hence why you've had yet another disappointing season that you're only now looking to finish in the top half. The problem with the signings and your team in general is that each and every one of your players puts their heads down and accepts defeat when things arent going well for you and they are all prone to playing on confidence only. You dont grind out results. It took the re-arrival of some kind of bull**** mythical figure to raise the spirits and even that didnt bear any fruit. You needed to wait for getting a result over one of the worst away teams in the history of the Premiership (who we are currently beating at home 3-1) and then a victory over the other biggest joke club in the Premiership (if you want a spirit-raising big win over a 'top' Premiership club, then you want to be praying that you're playing either Newcastle or Tottenham soon).

I honestly think that if you hadnt played Fulham and Tottenham in consecutive games (or that if you'd lost to either of them), you'd end this season in a terribly embarrassing relegation dog-fight.

Its great to say that you're playing on confidence at the moment, but what happens if this same team struggles for confidence again next season? They've proven that if they dont get a few early wins in, each and every player in your squad can literally fold. What progress have you made from the start of the season? I must remind you that you were tenth when Allardyce went, you'd be more than pleased to take that position now. You do need to make a few signings, if you do have £60m, then you need to get some mental strength and some fight into your team. No doubt you'll probably squander it on a couple of ridiculously over-priced strikers (here's hoping anyway), but it'd be foolish to think that you dont need to spend it.

Comment

• I can't wait for the Tyne-Wear derby I hope you ****s beat Man City and we beat Pompy, it will set up for a great derby day.

Comment

• It will indeed. I only really wanted to survive this season, anything else is a bonus. However, you've got to think of next season. With ourselves and yourselves we're likely to have lots to spend next season (boro not so much). Everyone knows that the North East is not exactly where the best players want to go, so league placing will be a big deciding factor in who gets the contact of the players who ARE willing to come into the cold to ply their trade, particularly as both yourselves and Boro seem more willing to splash out on wages than we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X