No announcement yet.

thoughts on public breast feeding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on public breast feeding?

so does it make you uncomfortable to see women breast feeding out in public without really trying to hide it under a blanket?

when i breast fed my first son, i always did it in private. never in front of other people.
    although i am a woman, i actually get a bit uncomfortable when women do it in front of me.

my husband used to occasionally bring my son to a playgroup for infants and toddlers when i had to work. he was the only man (father) there, usually only mom's brought their kids. however, there were always breast feeding moms there and they just did it right in front of him without really trying to be discreet. he always looked away out of respect and fear that they'd think he was some perv. at least that is what he says.

All for it as long as I am not eating.

Comment

I have seen it enough that it doesnt bother me.

Comment

I guess I dont really mind. But a blanket or something should be used. I mean the girls who let it all hang out are just asking for people to gawk.

Comment

it doesn't bother me...but yeah...a blanket or any modest cover would be appropriate.

Comment

I think you should just do it in private.

Comment

I cant help looking at an exposed tit.
              I used to be far more 'polite', but these days i dont really give a ****.

Comment

I'm all for it. I was lucky enough to be in a pizza joint a few weeks ago and this young woman with huge brests whipped it out right in front of me and started feeding her little kid. I did not stare but it was right in frront of me and I snuck a few peeks. Very nice indeed.

That being said. When my wife was pregnant I would not permit her to breats feed in public.

Comment

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench
                  so does it make you uncomfortable to see women breast feeding out in public without really trying to hide it under a blanket?

when i breast fed my first son, i always did it in private. never in front of other people.
                  although i am a woman, i actually get a bit uncomfortable when women do it in front of me.

my husband used to occasionally bring my son to a playgroup for infants and toddlers when i had to work. he was the only man (father) there, usually only mom's brought their kids. however, there were always breast feeding moms there and they just did it right in front of him without really trying to be discreet. he always looked away out of respect and fear that they'd think he was some perv. at least that is what he says.

Okay, this is where I sound like a chauvenist pig, I suppose...just as well, I was due.

I used to work at a book store and it never ceased to amaze me how comfortable some of the new mothers were in feeding their kids in public. I'd be minding my own business, looking for a book for someone, round a corner and GEEE-ZUUSS!!!!

All I could think was "Why? Why can't you pump yourself at home, put it in a bottle with a simulated "mom nipple" and feed the kid that way when you're out in public?!" And these women had the nerve to be offended when we offered them our break-room for privacy!! Pretty soon, the store managemen just told us to ignore them and go about our business.

What I want to know is if a woman can breast feed in public, why can't women without youngin's hangin' off their boobies walk around toppless?! Seriously, what's the difference? A tit's a tit with or without the accessory, right?

Well, anyway, those are my feelings on it...childish and backwards though they may be. I'll go sit in the corner, now.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
                    Okay, this is where I sound like a chauvenist pig, I suppose...just as well, I was due.

I used to work at a book store and it never ceased to amaze me how comfortable some of the new mothers were in feeding their kids in public. I'd be minding my own business, looking for a book for someone, round a corner and GEEE-ZUUSS!!!!

All I could think was "Why? Why can't you pump yourself at home, put it in a bottle with a simulated "mom nipple" and feed the kid that way when you're out in public?!" And these women had the nerve to be offended when we offered them our break-room for privacy!! Pretty soon, the store managemen just told us to ignore them and go about our business.

What I want to know is if a woman can breast feed in public, why can't women without youngin's hangin' off their boobies walk around toppless?! Seriously, what's the difference? A tit's a tit with or without the accessory, right?

Well, anyway, those are my feelings on it...childish and backwards though they may be. I'll go sit in the corner, now.
                    i am not a supporter of public breast feeding. if it must be done, then discretion is a must. if i was out and had to breast feed, i parked my car far from others, sat in the back seat of my car (with tinted windows) and breast feed my son with a blanket covering us. i could never just do it on a bench or chair with people walking by.

Comment

Working...
                    X