No announcement yet.

Which guitar do you like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phallus View Post
    I love that pic of Britta with the squirtgun, at first I thought it was Elizabeth banks.

I remember those old BC rich guitars, I think Kerry king from Slayer used to play a warlock. my les paul was wine red, I remember almost every band had a guy with the same guitar as me and the same wine red color for a while in the late 90's and early 2000's. that guitar was amazing to play, easiest guitar to play I've ever owned but it was made on Monday or a Friday, the damn thing was falling apart, even the paint was coming off
    Haha i had that happen to me countless times, before I invested in just one good eletric. Like the vinear coming off, buttons half way on. Some real **** guitars though like you said though are the easiest to play, the real expensive ones can be real POS to tune, and maintain. I never have any of my friends who i teach buy them more then a couple hundred bucks, I think its always easiest to learn to play crappier guitars. Gives you a better ear and feel for the struggle.

Comment

I love that pic of Britta with the squirtgun, at first I thought it was Elizabeth banks.

I remember those old BC rich guitars, I think Kerry king from Slayer used to play a warlock. my les paul was wine red, I remember almost every band had a guy with the same guitar as me and the same wine red color for a while in the late 90's and early 2000's. that guitar was amazing to play, easiest guitar to play I've ever owned but it was made on Monday or a Friday, the damn thing was falling apart, even the paint was coming off
      It was the second paintball episode. Community is right up there with Arrested Development to me, Britta is an awesome character. I find it hilarious that the actress is a teetotaler.

Yeah he had one, I was into Slipknot a lot (gimme a break I was 14, also this was only when their first 2 CDs were out) so that's why I ended up getting it. It lasted me a solid 3 years. Though the paint did start to chip on the horns, which pissed me off.

For some reason I could never get into the Les Pauls... I like them and they sound great, but the body is just not my style I guess.

Originally posted by Hi Rudyo! View Post
      Haha i had that happen to me countless times, before I invested in just one good eletric. Like the vinear coming off, buttons half way on. Some real **** guitars though like you said though are the easiest to play, the real expensive ones can be real POS to tune, and maintain. I never have any of my friends who i teach buy them more then a couple hundred bucks, I think its always easiest to learn to play crappier guitars. Gives you a better ear and feel for the struggle.
      I learned to play on a Hamer knock off. I've never heard of Hamer before then, so yeah, but it was my first guitar and my parents bought it for me. Thing only has 21 frets too. I still have it because I learned to play on it and it does sound alright, pretty fast neck. High action though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Rudyo! View Post

that guitar was a real Gibson les paul studio made in the USA. I was a pizza cook in a restaurant at the time making minimum wage, 1997-98 and ate only free pizza and Japanese noodles for months to save up for that guitar. I bought it used, half its new price from a metal head. the guitar was only four or five years old. I never abused it, but it looks like I did. I could play anything on that guitar, before that I'd always had $75 dollar pawnshop guitars that I had to push the strings down almost 2 inches to play the notes. I loved that les paul but eventually the bridge fell off.

Originally posted by PlasterWraps View Post
        It was the second paintball episode. Community is right up there with Arrested Development to me, Britta is an awesome character. I find it hilarious that the actress is a teetotaler.

Yeah he had one, I was into Slipknot a lot (gimme a break I was 14, also this was only when their first 2 CDs were out) so that's why I ended up getting it. It lasted me a solid 3 years. Though the paint did start to chip on the horns, which pissed me off.

For some reason I could never get into the Les Pauls... I like them and they sound great, but the body is just not my style I guess.

I learned to play on a Hamer knock off. I've never heard of Hamer before then, so yeah, but it was my first guitar and my parents bought it for me. Thing only has 21 frets too. I still have it because I learned to play on it and it does sound alright, pretty fast neck. High action though.
        hamer guitars are some of the best value for the money, probably not now but when I started playing in the late 80's as a teenybopper the hamers cost around 500-600 dollars new and were as good in quality as fenders that were more than twice the money. one of my friends has an old hamer from that time and he'd never sell it, having played it once I can see why. it felt almost as good as my les paul but without the issues. washburns are also really good guitars for the money, I have played several of those in the $500 dollar range and the quality was much better than I expected. I wouldn't buy another Gibson unless it was made before 1990, but I would pick up a washburn or a hamer. my black epiphone SG that is my main axe now is almost as good as the washburns I've played, if I ever played in a band again I'd use it for shows

Comment

i have about every type, i put the most hours on strats

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
            i have about every type, i put the most hours on strats
            Jesus. Every type?

How many in total do you have?

Comment

I have around 10 right now of various types - strat, tele, paul, SG, V, etc

Marshall and Egnater amps

I used to have a full home recording studio but I'm renting a small apartment for a year or two so they're all stacked in the closet =(

Comment

hamer guitars are some of the best value for the money, probably not now but when I started playing in the late 80's as a teenybopper the hamers cost around 500-600 dollars new and were as good in quality as fenders that were more than twice the money. one of my friends has an old hamer from that time and he'd never sell it, having played it once I can see why. it felt almost as good as my les paul but without the issues. washburns are also really good guitars for the money, I have played several of those in the $500 dollar range and the quality was much better than I expected. I wouldn't buy another Gibson unless it was made before 1990, but I would pick up a washburn or a hamer. my black epiphone SG that is my main axe now is almost as good as the washburns I've played, if I ever played in a band again I'd use it for shows
                Yeah I really like Washburns too, when I had a band the drummer had a washburn that I played often when we were switching up tunings. This Hamer I have sounds great, It's not a bad guitar at all in terms of tone, just the high action drives me nuts. In general Hamer and Washburns are really good to cut your teeth on, much like the low end Fenders and Epiphones. You really appreciate the higher quality guitars when you make the step up though.

Originally posted by Cruisin'
                I have around 10 right now of various types - strat, tele, paul, SG, V, etc

Marshall and Egnater amps

I used to have a full home recording studio but I'm renting a small apartment for a year or two so they're all stacked in the closet =(
                I was doing the same a while ago, but when I opened the cases for the guitars I fell in love all over again. It was pretty sweet.

Comment

I have a cheap Squier Fender bass that I fool around on. Starting to take it a bit more seriously recently as I've been playing with friends.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
                    I'm a professional guitarist, I tour with En Esch from the band KMFDM (google or Wiki either of them) and I have always preferred a solid, somewhat heavy electric guitar, a one piece (neck and body are one piece, like you don't have the neck a seperate piece of wood from the body). I use a Schecter C-1 Elite with my own custom modifications. I use EMG 81 and 85 pickups. My first guitar was a Fender Stratocaster, which I LOVED because I'm a huge David Gilmour fan (guitarist from Pink Floyd).

I had a Martin D-17 acoustic, but the thing was so hard on my hand, my hand would cramp up and kill me, hurt for hours. Idk if it's the shape of the neck or what, but I've never had that kind of issue with any other acoustic. Now I have some crappy Ibanez acoustic, and I've had a few Ovations but traded them to fellow musicians for pedals and amps.

You can hear some of my music here, I use the Schecter and Ibanez on all the guitar parts. I also play the bass ( I wrote everything and play all the instruments, produced everything...sick of relying on other people so just did it all myself) and I used a Warwick, which is an awesome bass, I loved it. Unfortunately I had to borrow it...I want to buy a bass though, it's a lot of fun. Anyway here is a link to a couple of my songs...if you like any of it and want to download my full album for free you can just go to relicradiation.com

http://www.reverbnation.com/relicradiation
                    I have an ESP with two EMG 81, I should had gotten the set up that you have. Also is the Warwick bass that you are referring to is it the one made by BC Rich. I had one of those and love it but the Horner that I have with the active pickups is just a thing a beauty.

I mainly play an Gibson SG 1 cleanly trough a Marshall head

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                      I have an ESP with two EMG 81, I should had gotten the set up that you have. Also is the Warwick bass that you are referring to is it the one made by BC Rich. I had one of those and love it but the Horner that I have with the active pickups is just a thing a beauty.

I mainly play an Gibson SG 1 cleanly trough a Marshall head
                      I was just looking at ESP for buying... I wanted to get an Ibanez RG but I tried the "Premium" line and wasn't impressed. I was playing it on an Orange amp (I'm used to Marshall) - the guitar felt cheap, even with the Edge-Zero II trem.

Which ESP were you looking at? I was eyeing the Eclipse but admittedly that isn't my body of choice normally.

Comment

Working...
                      X