No announcement yet.

Which guitar do you like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hi Rudyo! View Post
    I have a bunch of different acoustic guitars, and a Fender Mustang i had to restring lefty and pay out my ass for. The most expensive was my 12 string acoustic, which is probably my favorite to play. I do my acoustics lefty with normal stringing though.
    #teamlefty

Comment

i have an Airline Bighorn that i got from eastwood guitars a couple of years ago, that i immediately regretted buying when i saw that they started selling left handed airline '59's in black (i don't even think they're selling those anymore) found out amazon had mexican strats(wanted an arctic white one) for the same price too.

saw a prototype of a hofner guitar in that violin design made famous by paul mccartney, I desperately want one in white.

Comment

got this

instead of this

or this

really want this. left handed. in white.

https://youtu.be/Q3sEclj0XWw

as a guitar obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
          what happened?
          Two years ago Aug 26th, I had a massive heart attack. Spent 11 days in an induced coma and another two weeks in hospital. When I was released, I weighed about 60 lbs less than when I went in and I really didn't play much at all for almost a year. Then I went back in to get a defibrillator/pacemaker implanted in my left upper chest/shoulder in July of last year which took almost a year for me to get full use of my left arm back. I did not play at all during that year. So I decided that the guitars deserved to be played, not stuck on stands for me to look at and I sold them off one by one. I had originally purchased each of them used and I sold them for roughly the same money as I paid for them and actually made a decent profit on a couple. I also had an Ovation acoustic-electric and an acoustic amp as well that are not in the picture.

Shit happens sometimes and you just have to roll with it. I did make sure they all went to good homes though, where they will be appreciated and played hard for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
            Two years ago Aug 26th, I had a massive heart attack. Spent 11 days in an induced coma and another two weeks in hospital. When I was released, I weighed about 60 lbs less than when I went in and I really didn't play much at all for almost a year. Then I went back in to get a defibrillator/pacemaker implanted in my left upper chest/shoulder in July of last year which took almost a year for me to get full use of my left arm back. I did not play at all during that year. So I decided that the guitars deserved to be played, not stuck on stands for me to look at and I sold them off one by one. I had originally purchased each of them used and I sold them for roughly the same money as I paid for them and actually made a decent profit on a couple. I also had an Ovation acoustic-electric and an acoustic amp as well that are not in the picture.

Shit happens sometimes and you just have to roll with it. I did make sure they all went to good homes though, where they will be appreciated and played hard for years to come.
            wow. you're a tough one, man. you're still here. you should start playing again.

Comment

wow. you're a tough one, man. you're still here. you should start playing again.
              I gave it my best shot. My doctor told me that 85% of people who go into emergency in my condition never make it out and of the ones who do, 95% end up with some level of brain damage. They expected I would be in the hospital until late December, early January, but I was out and at home in the third week or so of September. My doctor told me he was stunned at my recovery.

Unfortunately due to the heart attack, I suffered permanent damage to my heart and I now function with less than half the capacity of a normal heart. That has led to serious problems with stamina, I can no longer run or sprint or anything very strenuous and if I am out walking, I have to stop every few minutes to catch my breath. The problem is that my heart cannot pump enough blood to carry a adequate supply of oxygen to my system. So I have to adapt to my new limitations.

But on the bright side, I am still alive, I dropped over 50 pounds of excess weight and have kept them off and I STOPPED SMOKING!

Things could be worse. And if I ever get some extra cash, I'll probably pick up a Fender Squier Strat or Tele to play around with. I still have one amp left, a Roland Micro Cube. That thing is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                that reminds me of jerry Cantrell's old G&L Strat with the pic of the naked girl on it. you should put a picture of Britta on it
                Britta Rocks my socks.

I'm going to get my hands on a Prestige RG3770FZ one of these days, after that I'm going to look into getting a couple of Jackson to keep my collection at 5.

I don't know why, but my parents bought me my first guitar and it was red, and I've only ever bought red guitars since. In addition to the Gibson SG I had a red BC Rich Warlock that I also got rid of, that was a heavy guitar, like it when I was in my early teens but then got over it pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  I gave it my best shot. My doctor told me that 85% of people who go into emergency in my condition never make it out and of the ones who do, 95% end up with some level of brain damage. They expected I would be in the hospital until late December, early January, but I was out and at home in the third week or so of September. My doctor told me he was stunned at my recovery.

Unfortunately due to the heart attack, I suffered permanent damage to my heart and I now function with less than half the capacity of a normal heart. That has led to serious problems with stamina, I can no longer run or sprint or anything very strenuous and if I am out walking, I have to stop every few minutes to catch my breath. The problem is that my heart cannot pump enough blood to carry a adequate supply of oxygen to my system. So I have to adapt to my new limitations.

But on the bright side, I am still alive, I dropped over 50 pounds of excess weight and have kept them off and I STOPPED SMOKING!

Things could be worse. And if I ever get some extra cash, I'll probably pick up a Fender Squier Strat or Tele to play around with. I still have one amp left, a Roland Micro Cube. That thing is a blast!
                  **** yeah, man. keep on keeping on. they should coat space shuttles with the thing your made of.

Comment

#teamlefty
                    I'm a righty naturally, but since I started playing at like age 7 it always just felt right to hold the guitar that way. Team lefty though, a lot of the greats.

Comment

Originally posted by PlasterWraps View Post
                      Britta Rocks my socks.

I'm going to get my hands on a Prestige RG3770FZ one of these days, after that I'm going to look into getting a couple of Jackson to keep my collection at 5.

I don't know why, but my parents bought me my first guitar and it was red, and I've only ever bought red guitars since. In addition to the Gibson SG I had a red BC Rich Warlock that I also got rid of, that was a heavy guitar, like it when I was in my early teens but then got over it pretty quick.
                      I love that pic of Britta with the squirtgun, at first I thought it was Elizabeth banks.

I remember those old BC rich guitars, I think Kerry king from Slayer used to play a warlock. my les paul was wine red, I remember almost every band had a guy with the same guitar as me and the same wine red color for a while in the late 90's and early 2000's. that guitar was amazing to play, easiest guitar to play I've ever owned but it was made on Monday or a Friday, the damn thing was falling apart, even the paint was coming off

Comment

Working...
                      X