Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do shy cowardly loners hero worship Bruce Lee?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Lol. Ok I should explain.

Martial Artists develop a bad habit of having to set before kicking. this can telegraph and it can allow someone to counter the kick. It is the same with a punch, but harder to get the muscle memory and relaxation to throw the kick without stopping to set the body into some position. As a matter of fact... Classic Bruce Lee: He would launch his kick as a leg check, stop hit when he saw the other guy was setting to kick. What happens is, your stop hit/leg check stops the original kick, then you throw your kick with the same leg, without dropping it at the opponent. Perfect example of Lee's genius: Nobody did leg checks before that, and timing was more primitive as in "you kick and hit me, then I hit and kick you, then rinse and repeat."

The leg check gives yu time to react and pick your target.
    I vaguely remember when there was still credibility attached to George Dillman's name too. Now he's almost on the Bullshido level of Frank Dux and Steven Seagal. None of them teach anything practical or don't anymore and make up complete crap. Funny Dux was able to not only get a book published, but have a movie made about him. Check out the youtube videos on him for a good laugh. Or the ones on Master Seagal and his BS history. Or check out the ones about when he hosted SNL, which is usually considered the worst episode. David Spade and Bob Odenkirk have talked about it on podcasts. And Michael Jai White mentioned how the director and his agent were hoping he would injure Seagal on the set of some movie they were working on so they could finish filming it with the stunt guy, that's how hated he is.
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

I liked going to sf Chinatown and buying plastic numb chucks

Comment

Better question is why do people post stupid crap on forums online? Probably because they're uninformed but think they know better than everyone else and feel the need to "educate" everyone when they're actually wrong or are trying to troll and want the attention because their life is that pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Dude View Post
          I never understand why you shy wimpy loners(who were bullied as youngsters) glorifiy Bruce Lee. You guys often worship Bruce Lee as some heroic underdog against evil.

Well here's the reality. The real Bruce Lee was the complete opposite of a heroic underdog fighting for good and justice. Bruce Lee in his youth was a street gangster. No ****! I am not kidding! He is! Research him. He was a real criminal back then. He was the type of guy back then who will brutally stab a College student to death for no reason and then mock, swear at, laugh at, and threaten his victim's grieving family in court while he'll jokingly ask the judge if his victim's life even mattered.

In China, he lead his own street gang named Junction Street Eight Tigers and they fought against other street punks. One real testament to his criminality was when he and his gang robbed a store. One member of his gang even commited shoplifting. What's worse is that Bruce Lee was not born into an impoverished ghetto family. He's the son of rich parents so I really don't understand why he had to resort to criminality as a way to get money. Most of the time, he was the instigator of fights. He's probably some sort of serial bully.

Bruce Lee was a gangster punk in his youth. Basically, the type of guy who picks on YOU shy cowardly loners. Really, he was worse than a school bully. He was a violent thug.

Also, Bruce Lee was popular with girls in his school when he was young. For his whole life, he was never shy, socially awkward, or a loner. He was popular in his young days. He had amazing social skills, charisma, and he was charming to many people. Again, he's basically the opposite of you shy cowardly loners. He was never an underdog. He was the king of high school.

It's really sad for many Bruce Lee fans out there to hear the bitter truth.

In conclusion, Bruce Lee has more in common with the person in high school that pick on you shy loner wimps rather than YOU shy loner wimps. Sorry.

So stop hero worshipping the guy.
          Lee was a one of a kind talent who combined near super human speed, amazing flexibly and good strength for his size. He also has a great screen presence for the movies. Fairly good marital arts technique and did most of his own stunts. The unique package has not come since he was taken from movie fans early. What movies he could have made. Does this explain his popularity? In China he is hero worshiped even more than he is in the USA. Unusual for as Asian man he had very long arms and was well built.

Lee would do very well in karate tournaments with 3 points. How he would do in the MMA...he likely get whipped above welter weight. The real Bruce Lee still 5'7" tall and was 135 pounds. He had several injuries he had to over come as well .... as an actor. So the movie star hero lives on. Mentally he understood combat and styles. Read his work. Lee was decent on philosophy too. Yeah he was a troublemaker is his youth.

Comment

Cuz he’s Bruce Lee!

I had his posters on my wall

he had quite a following with Kareem. Chuck Norris

and jackie Chan

asians are underrated as actors

not really sure what happened to Brandon Lee?

Comment

Working...
            X