Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Antonio Margarito Apreciation thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.S. I love Antonio Margarito!

Comment

• Originally posted by RICH SPANIARD. View Post
      He fought Tony again because he had one eye.

What's hilarious is that Tony was about to finish Quito off in the final round but it was prematurely stopped. Tony was already battering and getting to him, he even had the quitter backtracking.

Cotto might be a better fighter but Tonys heart alone crushes him. This is why I believe Tony makes easy work out of Floyd and SRR.
      Tony didnt do nothing in the second fight. Cotto was worst from the beating he took from Pac. Those sloppy punches werent doing what they did in the same fight. Live with that, he lost, he retire and he is a known cheater. Move on or go back to your love with Ronaldo.

Originally posted by Capo Loko View Post
      You two and I know the only reason Cotto fought Margo was 'cause it was where??? N.Y. Cotto got lucky they stopped that fight. He was running out of gas and the commission saw that. What happened in the first fight? Margo punished his ass like if he was his step child. What's even more funny is that Margo was fighting with one eye. If he still had both his eyes, Cotto would have ducked him.

Let me remind you guys something and I want you to answer me too, 'cause every die-hard Cotto fan dodges this question.

When Mosley beat Cotto in N.Y (got robbed) why didn't Cotto want the rematch in Los Angeles or Vegas? There was an article about this back then. Cotto refused the rematch because he didn't want it in the West Coast. Why? Because he knows he won't get no pass like he does where?.... Exactly... N.Y.

Margarito would fight Cotto or anybody ANYWHERE!
      Sucks that he retired... Hopefully he comes back and sets up a rubber match with Cotto in Texas or back in Vegas... But we know that won't happen. Someone is afraid to travel.

BTW, why so mad? This is an appreciation thread for one of the greatest boxers of our time!!! Smile and say you love Margarito too.

You're my new best friend!
      Stop lying to yourself. Cotto won 8 of those rounds. In that last round Cotto was hurting him more. I cant believe you guys still repeat the same lies 8 month later. The only thing I regret of Tony retiring was seeing him against Mayorga. That had WAR written all over it.

Comment

• Damn....what happen to my boy Capo?

Cotto was not worst than Tony after the Pac fight gtfo.

Tony took 1000+ punches to the face by Pacquiao and almost lost his eye in the process. Tony even came close to knocking Pacquiao out in their fight. Noone has done that in recent times.

They say Tony is a cheater, yet there's no evidence of this.

Try harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capo Loko View Post
          You two and I know the only reason Cotto fought Margo was 'cause it was where??? N.Y. Cotto got lucky they stopped that fight. He was running out of gas and the commission saw that. What happened in the first fight? Margo punished his ass like if he was his step child. What's even more funny is that Margo was fighting with one eye. If he still had both his eyes, Cotto would have ducked him.

Let me remind you guys something and I want you to answer me too, 'cause every die-hard Cotto fan dodges this question.

When Mosley beat Cotto in N.Y (got robbed) why didn't Cotto want the rematch in Los Angeles or Vegas? There was an article about this back then. Cotto refused the rematch because he didn't want it in the West Coast. Why? Because he knows he won't get no pass like he does where?.... Exactly... N.Y.

Margarito would fight Cotto or anybody ANYWHERE!
          Sucks that he retired... Hopefully he comes back and sets up a rubber match with Cotto in Texas or back in Vegas... But we know that won't happen. Someone is afraid to travel.

BTW, why so mad? This is an appreciation thread for one of the greatest boxers of our time!!! Smile and say you love Margarito too.

You're my new best friend!
          Go back in this same thread and read what I posted about Margo in the past.
          Nobody is mad, so what if you like him its your opinion. You see Margo one way and after the wrap scandal I see him another.

Comment

• Yo ricans answer me this. Cotto during the build up to the second fight was bashing margs about the wraps non stop. Yet during the fight he ran and after the fight in the post fight interview max asked cotto the million dollar question. He asked how his punches felt. If they felt the same. Had he cheated during their fight dont you think cotto would of thrown him under bus saying his punches didnt feel the same? Instead cotto said something about how margs punches hurt him. Its common sense if you hate the guy and felt something diffrent you would put him on blast.

Comment

• Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
              Yo ricans answer me this. Cotto during the build up to the second fight was bashing margs about the wraps non stop. Yet during the fight he ran and after the fight in the post fight interview max asked cotto the million dollar question. He asked how his punches felt. If they felt the same. Had he cheated during their fight dont you think cotto would of thrown him under bus saying his punches didnt feel the same? Instead cotto said something about how margs punches hurt him. Its common sense if you hate the guy and felt something diffrent you would put him on blast.
              Cotto said, look at my face and compare to the first fight. You always twisting things. The guy was found guilty for cheating but that doesnt count. But that is a point of view that will never change for some blind fanatics.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                Cotto said, look at my face and compare to the first fight. You always twisting things. The guy was found guilty for cheating but that doesnt count. But that is a point of view that will never change for some blind fanatics.
                It was funny when he said that.

Cause Cotto's face was all busted up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                  here is the vid so stfu. He said he felt the punches the same as the first fight period. He said the thing of his face not looking the same but dont you think that had to do with the fact margarito didnt land as much as in the first fight? Cotto ran and hugged margs in their second time so he couldnt land as much and cause as much damage.

Comment

• i might be biased cause im a mexican, n i was real happy when margo defeated cotto, i always thought it was weird how margo developed power even before the cotto fight, hes always been a very active puncher with a great chin tough guy with a huge heart, but it did seem a lil weird, but i still dont understand how could anybody get away with something that commission approved the wraps n i also think the ref touch n watched the wrappin that night

i thought the second fight cotto fought way smarter clinching n good timing on his punches n not crazy punching like in the first fight to keep him away, i also think tony was more battle scar than cotto, i think cotto didnt look so good in the time of the stoppage also, he looked winded, but tony wasnt the same especially with the bad eye i think cotto most likely was gona run away with the easy decision

Comment

• Originally posted by RICH SPANIARD.
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by jtcs1981

It was funny when he said that.

Cause Cotto's face was all busted up.
                      His face looks the same way in all the fights after the first Tony fight. I will never believe someone that is caught trying to cheat, that it was the first timw they try to do it. However, no proof of him not cheating against Cotto, and will never acuse him of it. But in my book he will always be a cheater.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X