Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rakim Created Rap...Southern Rap Ruined Rap....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Two Clips View Post
    You are a wise man. I don't understand why this Cat can't give the south their props. It doesn't hurt me one bit to say Jay is the man, Busta, Meth are great rapper's.
    hes just a hater with a closed mind.

Originally posted by The Coolest Cat View Post
    One who calls someone a fool is usually a fool....I'm laughing at you.
    laugh...i don't care man. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The Coolest Cat View Post
      you called me an idiot, that sounds like it made you a little unhappy.

I don't want to be like the southern rappers, trust me.
      If the shoe fits wear it. I just came to that conclusion by your posts. No hard feelings, if you don't want to be like the south then fall by the wayside like East Coast rap.

Comment

• Originally posted by CottoOverrated1 View Post
        really? NY has done **** in the last 4- 5 years. Come on playa, Jim Jones was all you had.
        Hahaha, and notice when Southern fans like a New York rapper it's a wack one.

NY has definately played a role in killing Hip Hop though, 50 Cent, Camron and all of that crap.

I would say Jay even did it by compromising his lyrics early on.

It is only because New York compromised earlier on that the door was even opened to alot of this crap in the South.
        Last edited by res; 02-12-2009, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawaiian Mac 10 View Post
          the good new york rappers dont wanna be like southern rappers...fucka fat joe :evil:
          LMAO!! Don't take it to heart, I was just responding to the Coolest Cat on BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
            More people crying because their favorite rappers are has beens. When will you get over it?

He didn't say he wanted his favorite rappers to be more popular, he just said the other ones were garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by res View Post

NY has definately played a role in killing Hip Hop though, 50 Cent, Camron and all of that crap.

I would even say Jay even did it by compromising his lyrics early on.

It is only because New York compromised earlier on that the door was even opened to alot of this crap in the South.
              Southern rap has been big in the south since the 80's. I agree that the rest of the world was ready for a change from the crap the east coast was putting out when Master P(the wackest southern rapper ever) came out and opened the door for the south.

Comment

If the shoe fits wear it. I just came to that conclusion by your posts. No hard feelings, if you don't want to be like the south then fall by the wayside like East Coast rap.
                East Coast rap is where it started, and it will go back to east coast one day.

Everyone is confused right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by res View Post

I would say Jay even did it by compromising his lyrics early on.

The last time new york rap was good was because of jay-z, 50 and cam. 50 is partially responsible for not making music with other rappers outside of g-unit.

Comment

I agree that the rest of the world was ready for a change from the crap the east coast was putting out when Master P(the wackest southern rapper ever) came out and opened the door for the south.
                    It's not that they were ready for a change, it was rather that Southern Rappers could make songs with mindless hooks and weak lyrics better than NY could do it, so the South just took what New York was doing to the extreme and the fans went with them.
                    Last edited by res; 02-12-2009, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawaiian Mac 10 View Post
                      The last time new york rap was good was because of jay-z, 50 and cam. 50 is partially responsible for not making music with other rappers outside of g-unit.
                      50 and Cam were the doorway into the abyss.

Comment

Working...
                      X