Most Over-Rated Rapper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monkey Balls View Post
    All I listen to in the car recently is K-OS

for me it's been both Ne-Yo albums, Musiq Soulchld's new album & a R&B mix I have with the usual Joe, TQ, Jon B, DeAngelo, & Blackstreet.

Comment

Give me boyz 2 men cd and tupac that all i need in my car

Comment

recommend me some good R&B cd's. I've been going to HMV but I can't seem to find any good ****.

*side note: no super super old **** like Stevie Wonder or The Temptations.

Comment

post-Reasonable Doubt Jay Z!!

Even if you like 2pac you have to admit that he is atleast a bit overrated. Unless you believe he is a god he has to be overrated.

and almost all popular Southern rap is overrated. Lil Wayne is pretty good but way overrated.

Did someone say Nas? Nas' reputation in the mainstream is only mediocre so if you believe that he is mediocre as a rapper then he can't be overrated. Do you know how many non-rap fans don't even know who he is? Someone like that can't be overrated.

And I'm not even getting into the substance of the claim that he is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
            post-Reasonable Doubt Jay Z!!

Even if you like 2pac you have to admit that he is atleast a bit overrated. Unless you believe he is a god he has to be overrated.

and almost all popular Southern rap is overrated. Lil Wayne is pretty good but way overrated.

Did someone say Nas? Nas' reputation in the mainstream is only mediocre so if you believe that he is mediocre as a rapper then he can't be overrated. Do you know how many non-rap fans don't even know who he is? Someone like that can't be overrated.

And I'm not even getting into the substance of the claim that he is overrated.

OVERRATED................

Comment

I'm not trying to put anyone down, but the south just about killed Hip-Hop. I remember back in the day (85-93ish) (yes I'm old) where lyrics were the most important part of the record. Now all they do is throw in a catchy beat....make a freggin' dance to go along with it and they go platnium. Straight garbage!

If you want to hear some tight lyrics listen to

1. Just about anything Big Daddy Kane
              (P.S. he even ghost wrote most of Biz Markies rhymes)
              2. Rakim
              3. KRS-One
              4. A Tribe Called Quest
              5. Black Sheep (yes...black sheep...just listen!!)
              6. Black Moon
              7. Gangstarr (Guru)

This is just a small sampling.
              Last edited by MrOctober; 10-04-2007, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dadon5 View Post
                nas is top 10 all time...possibly top 5, wayne is easily the most over rated
                Not according to MTV.....or Bet.....or VH1

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEWOOD View Post
                  Not according to MTV.....or Bet.....or VH1
                  MTV got Jay Z at number 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                    MTV got Jay Z at number 1?
                    I think that's

and I'm from NY....jeez...you'd think I would support a NY Rapper, but I have to call it the way I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOctober View Post
                      I think that's

and I'm from NY....jeez...you'd think I would support a NY Rapper, but I have to call it the way I see it.
                      **** mtv they don't know what the **** their talking about.their not about music any more it ain't music tele it's reality tv tele.

Comment

Working...
                      X