No announcement yet.

Most Over-Rated Rapper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrOctober View Post
    This wasn't my opinion....this is the top 5 of about.com's 50 greatest MC's.......
    You cannot conclude whose the G.O.A.T. just based on some poll conducted a website or whatever.. I mean look at MTV, they had Gay-Z at number 1.......

You have to look at the whole concept behind hip hop/rap and not because about.com says so, you have to look at how the rapper and his songs affected others and the world.... Pac will be the most talked about rapper ever, like it or not, meaning he is probably the most influential ever, It also depends on how you define 'greatest', you have to look at the whole package and Pac as a rapper had that... So even if he misses out on top spot, he CERTAINLY above many other rappers/Mc's should get a top 5
    spot.....

In reality this debate will go on forever in the outside world, so you cannot make your final judgement based on about.com...

Comment

• Originally posted by fasman View Post
      You cannot conclude whose the G.O.A.T. just based on some poll conducted a website or whatever.. I mean look at MTV, they had Gay-Z at number 1.......

You have to look at the whole concept behind hip hop/rap and not because about.com says so, you have to look at how the rapper and his songs affected others and the world.... Pac will be the most talked about rapper ever, like it or not, meaning he is probably the most influential ever, It also depends on how you define 'greatest', you have to look at the whole package and Pac as a rapper had that... So even if he misses out on top spot, he CERTAINLY above many other rappers/Mc's should get a top 5
      spot.....

In reality this debate will go on forever in the outside world, so you cannot make your final judgement based on about.com...

It wasn't a poll...they put together criteria and established eligibility...so It's not like you had some 11 year old voting 16 times. Here's the link and criteria

http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/ss/Top50Emcees.htm

The following MCs were chosen for their lyrical capabilities. The list does not reflect sales or mainstream success of these artists. They were evaluated on a 25-point scale based on: originality, longevity, lyricism, social impact, flavor, battle skills, consistency, charisma, poetic value, substance, versatility, vocal presence, live performance, flow and delivery, among other factors.

Eligibility:
      To be eligible, artists must have:
      a) Attained a longevity time frame of 7 years or more
      b) i)Released 2 solo albums or ii)1 solo album and 2 group albums or iii) 4 group albums
      c) Been musically active anywhere between 1987 and 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by britbulldog View Post
        overrated? BOW WOW WOW snoop doggy dog **** for me

i'm old skool, not many can compete lyrics wise with chuck d or dre and cube.

only nas comes close

also overrated jay z, diddy and MnM

hip-hop has moved on and changed with the times, it used to be about the message now it's about the green
        Dre doesn't even write his own lyrics...

Comment

• Tupac Shakur.

Comment

• I firmly believe that most of the people who hate on Jay-Z are people who have no idea Reasonable Doubt even exists. How can you not at least respect such a classic?

Comment

It wasn't a poll...they put together criteria and established eligibility...so It's not like you had some 11 year old voting 16 times. Here's the link and criteria

The following MCs were chosen for their lyrical capabilities. The list does not reflect sales or mainstream success of these artists. They were evaluated on a 25-point scale based on: originality, longevity, lyricism, social impact, flavor, battle skills, consistency, charisma, poetic value, substance, versatility, vocal presence, live performance, flow and delivery, among other factors.

Eligibility:
              b) i)Released 2 solo albums or ii)1 solo album and 2 group albums or iii) 4 group albums
              Interesting list, but I disagree with Benie Segal being anywhere close to a top 50 list let alone ahead of Guru. He overrated Lauren Hill too. She's good, not top 20 good, come on now. MC Lyte too, it's good to show love for the ladies, but jesus top 30? Right below AZ, Kweli, and Ghost. Laughable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
                So true, as a teen i loved pac, but **** me after bumping his meaningful albums he tends to go on about the same old thing, after a while, it gets a little stale, these days, i cant listen to that **** anymore.

"Bury me a g"
                "Bury me with weed"
                "When we ride"
                "We Thugs"

Same old ****.

His songs so have a depth and meaning to them which surpass those of other rappers, but lyrically there are better rappers out there, As a kid i used to hate biggie, but lyrically, he is more skilled than Pac, Contentwise Pac is better than Biggie.
                I credit the repetitiveness of his thug life material to the fact that he put out so much material in such little amount of time. I was never a huge fan of that side to him anyway.

I like the I Aint Mad At Ya, Dear Mama, Me Against The World, Keep Ya Head Up Pac much better than the Hail Mary, Hit Em Up Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                  Interesting list, but I disagree with Benie Segal being anywhere close to a top 50 list let alone ahead of Guru. He overrated Lauren Hill too. She's good, not top 20 good, come on now. MC Lyte too, it's good to show love for the ladies, but jesus top 30? Right below AZ, Kweli, and Ghost. Laughable.

To put Guru at 44 is a serious injustice....he belongs in the top 20 (at least) if not top 15 and move Redman down a few notches. The more I think of it Tupac at 7 isin't that bad.....but Tupac GOAT ahead of the blastmaster (KRS-One)....never.

Comment

Eligibility:
                    Lauryn Hill before Eminem?????????????

The guy who wrote this list needs ****ing shooting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                      Lauryn Hill before Eminem?????????????

The guy who wrote this list needs ****ing shooting!

He screwed up a few from 50-11....but the top 10 is pretty good....The top 5 is pretty solid.

Comment

Working...
                      X