No announcement yet.

We're leaving Iraq

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by man down View Post
    Lol this is great. Its on them now they wanted us gone now they can handle their own chit.
    Fake news

Washington (CNN)The top US general said Monday a letter suggesting the US would withdraw troops from Iraq was released by mistake and poorly worded, telling reporters "that's not what's happening."

Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley sought to address the confusion that began after the leak of aletter to the Iraqi government from US Command in Baghdad suggesting US troops would be withdrawn from the country.
    "That letter is a draft. It was a mistake, it was unsigned, it should not have been released ... (it was) poorly worded, implies withdrawal, that is not what's happening," Milley said.
    "It's an honest mistake ... it should not have been sent," he added.
    This story is breaking and will be updated.

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath, last time they tried to leave the middle east, top brass went to congress and told them it was a bad idea. I'm convinced we're never leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        I wouldn't hold my breath, last time they tried to leave the middle east, top brass went to congress and told them it was a bad idea. I'm convinced we're never leaving.
        We'll leave when the last drop of oil has been sucked out of the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Is his first language Arabic by chance?
          Probably so keep an ear out for shouting sand ******s

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
            you know iranians are gonna retaliate, right? not now but i foresee chemical warfare
            No chemical warfare.

They'd get wiped out.

Even stupid saddam didnt dare.

Iranians are much smarter than arabs.

Iranians will fight assymentrically thru proxies.

Thru hezbollah and hamas.

Thru the Houthis in yemen.

Thru their shia militias in iraq.

Iranians can't confront u.s. head on with u.s. tech and superiority.

Iranians will fight smart, low tech and dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              We'll leave when the last drop of oil has been sucked out of the ground.
              That's nonsense.

If it were a "war for oil", we would have just taken the oil after the first Gilf War back in the early 1990s.

While I'm against endless wars and do want us out of the ME, we must at least be honest about why we are there.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                Lol this is great. Its on them now they wanted us gone now they can handle their own chit.
                Good try, but the letter said as a request of Iraqi government. They want the US out. Trump also states that if they force them out, he wants payback for the expensive based they have built there.

It is sad when you friends are "bought" isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  That's nonsense.

If it were a "war for oil", we would have just taken the oil after the first Gilf War back in the early 1990s.

While I'm against endless wars and do want us out of the ME, we must at least be honest about why we are there.
                  You dont think everything we do in the middle east is because of oil?

Dont think in terms of usa taking their oil and oil fields.

Think in terms of who has influence on that country that controls that oil.

USA is self sufficient in oil. We dont need that oil.

Guess which growing power and future superpower depends on oil from the middle east?

War breaks out between u.s. and China. Do you think u.s. will let china keep getting oil from the middle east?

How many u.s. bases and u.s. alliances does the u.s. have in the region?

China can kiss most of that oil goodbye.

Our european and asian allies are also the most dependent on middle east oil. EU, japan, South Korea, etc.
                  Our influence and military makes sure they have access to that oil.

It's not just about u.s. needing or buying middle east oil. As I said before we dont need their oil. We're self sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    You dont think everything we do in the middle east is because of oil?

Dont think in terms of usa taking their oil and oil fields.

Think in terms of who has influence on that country that controls that oil.

USA is self sufficient in oil. We dont need that oil.

Guess which growing power and future superpower depends on oil from the middle east?

War breaks out between u.s. and China. Do you think u.s. will let china keep getting oil from the middle east?

How many u.s. bases and u.s. alliances does the u.s. have in the region?

China can kiss most of that oil goodbye.

Our european and asian allies are also the most dependent on middle east oil. EU, japan, South Korea, etc.
                    Our influence and military makes sure they have access to that oil.

It's not just about u.s. needing or buying middle east oil. As I said before we dont need their oil. We're self sufficient.
                    Who took the oil after we went to war in Iraq?
                    https://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/03/w...-oil-boom.html

Comment

We ain't leaving. Even if we have to set up shop in the newly formed Kurdistan.

Comment

Working...
                      X