Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do others bring out the worst in us, or...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    But to the thread starter's point, why don't you think that this could just be you allowing her to bring out the worst in you? Is this truly a weakness in you, or is she just that much of an evil *****. lol. no offense, brotha. Happy New Year

I'd say it's definitely a weakness in me if I allow someone to bring out the worst in me. Some people certainly bring out "worse" in me, but if we are talking about a shift from reasonable behavior to even a bit excessive just based on the person, I consider it a character flaw to take it there.
    i am going to bring ou you to judaim.. it is in you.. you are blessed by our GoD... shalom.... we both been
    experiencing stupid people all over the place clinging to race and limiting interactions.... chances to exchange and expand our understanding and limiting GOD...

i am considered cray cray by guys who never grew outta floyd schooling pac... if you rely on one weapon.. game is over.. strong defense.. i grew up with pretty black men ... i am by no means gay.... bobby fisher vs kaper chess game

i mess with chess and masters.. my trick is i play them off against each other.. i am not on my own capable of defeating anyone in checkers.. but my chess is simple. get people who know chess to go head to then make money win lose or draw...

i am not smart.. i am fredo god father.. wanting to be smart..

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      I agree. If there are people in your life who know how to push your buttons and insist on doing so, you have to find a way to either remove them, or some way to cope with their behavior. This is more challenging in the workplace where you have to work with someone each day and cannot avoid them, or a strained marriage.
      Yeah I was taking a class where I had deal with some douche and could not wait until that last day arrived to just be away from him. If it's at work, I'd definitely go to HR then and pretty much tell the employer it's them or you that has to go and look for another job while you're still there. If you have the skills and experience, it shouldn't take you too long or depending on the job or career, you might even be able to get transferred.

It's also why I'll never work retail again. I hated being that helpless, where customers can just insult me and I can't respond with any insults back. The next time someone is being an a*****e, I wanna be able to tell them to go f**k themselves and not be punished for defending myself. It's like in school when you'd get punched by a kid and then you punch him back, yet only you get in trouble. Never made any sense to me. At least punish both kids. I'm a pretty easygoing guy, but I don't wilt. If pushed, I push back.

Comment

Would you agree there are people who bring out the worst in us, provoke us to say things or do things out of character? Or do you believe that we all choose to allow these people to anger us and that we are all completely responsible for our thoughts and actions? No blame.
        I think people can bring out the worst in us but ultimately we control ourselves. Blaming others for our own wrong doing is leading the USA into a ****ty future. Kids these days don't want to learn life lessons, they want to point fingers and deflect. The drug epidemic is a perfect example of this. No one forces you to tweak or put a needle in your arm but ask a druggie and they'll blame their past or someone in their past. Rarely will you hear 1 say they are an F up that likes to do drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by MOMENTO MORI View Post
          A good Interesting thread but I disagree. Life’s circumstances bring out the worst in us. Situations beyond our control, which lead us to develop bad habits and unhealthy thoughts is what ruins us.
          I agree. If there are people in your life who know how to push your buttons and insist on doing so, you have to find a way to either remove them, or some way to cope with their behavior. This is more challenging in the workplace where you have to work with someone each day and cannot avoid them, or a strained marriage.
          Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Yeah I was taking a class where I had deal with some douche and could not wait until that last day arrived to just be away from him. If it's at work, I'd definitely go to HR then and pretty much tell the employer it's them or you that has to go and look for another job while you're still there. If you have the skills and experience, it shouldn't take you too long or depending on the job or career, you might even be able to get transferred.

It's also why I'll never work retail again. I hated being that helpless, where customers can just insult me and I can't respond with any insults back. The next time someone is being an a*****e, I wanna be able to tell them to go f**k themselves and not be punished for defending myself. It's like in school when you'd get punched by a kid and then you punch him back, yet only you get in trouble. Never made any sense to me. At least punish both kids. I'm a pretty easygoing guy, but I don't wilt. If pushed, I push back.
          when i worked in a warehouse, one of the guys on the crew caused so much stress in the workplace that people actually quit because of him. the management never figured out why nobody stayed in the company for very long, a few of them quit only after a day or two. after a few months, i was finally ready to kick the dude's head in, and then i decided it was time for me to go too, luckily i had another job right away.

people all have some kind of weakness, that will come out given the right situation. also there are things we can't control, like when a meth head decides that you're the devil and starts screaming threats. i have had this happen to me and within minutes i was ready to beat the meth head's skull in, even though the last thing i would want to do is get into a fight. life just seems to bring out the ugliness in people, when we get cancer or lose all our money, or the wife leaves and takes the kids we all find hate that we didn't think was there

Comment

That's a really good question. I think ultimately its our decision how to respond for better or worse.

Comment

Would you agree there are people who bring out the worst in us, provoke us to say things or do things out of character? Or do you believe that we all choose to allow these people to anger us and that we are all completely responsible for our thoughts and actions? No blame.
              I've said what I've said.

Workin' in 'Johnny mode'......................Rockin'

Comment

Working...
              X