Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do others bring out the worst in us, or...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Do others bring out the worst in us, or...?

Would you agree there are people who bring out the worst in us, provoke us to say things or do things out of character? Or do you believe that we all choose to allow these people to anger us and that we are all completely responsible for our thoughts and actions? No blame.
    Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

A good Interesting thread but I disagree. Life’s circumstances bring out the worst in us. Situations beyond our control, which lead us to develop bad habits and unhealthy thoughts is what ruins us.

Comment

Prior to having met my son's mother, I thought this idea was horse sheit. But it is absolutely true. That woman has a way of bringing an anger out of me that no one else can. Unfortunately, I've also noticed this in my son, which is one reason I limit her interaction with him.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        Prior to having met my son's mother, I thought this idea was horse sheit. But it is absolutely true. That woman has a way of bringing an anger out of me that no one else can. Unfortunately, I've also noticed this in my son, which is one reason I limit her interaction with him.
        But to the thread starter's point, why don't you think that this could just be you allowing her to bring out the worst in you? Is this truly a weakness in you, or is she just that much of an evil *****. lol. no offense, brotha. Happy New Year

I'd say it's definitely a weakness in me if I allow someone to bring out the worst in me. Some people certainly bring out "worse" in me, but if we are talking about a shift from reasonable behavior to even a bit excessive just based on the person, I consider it a character flaw to take it there.
        Last edited by travestyny; 01-01-2020, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          I hear ya. There’s good and bad and everything in between, sum people just affect you one way or another more than others can. Like a moon on tides. I have an ex thatd I’d push through a crowd of hot chicks just to fight with. For sum people it’s “War” between you. But for others killing them with kindness is sometimes worth a try.

Comment

It's kind of both. They can bring out the worst in us, but with experience we can learn to react differently to them. I've made it my life's goal to do everything I can to rid my life of toxic people like that, since I have generalized anxiety disorder. People always talk about ways to cope, but the best way is to just remove the source of whatever causes you anxiety. So if it's another person, then make every effort to get away from them. Not always possible to do right away, I know, like when you're in school and stuck sitting next to someone or sitting on a plane, train or bus, someone at your job, but a lot of the time we do have control over it. So while there are triggers for different people, we are ultimately responsible for our own actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              It's kind of both. They can bring out the worst in us, but with experience we can learn to react differently to them. I've made it my life's goal to do everything I can to rid my life of toxic people like that, since I have generalized anxiety disorder. People always talk about ways to cope, but the best way is to just remove the source of whatever causes you anxiety. So if it's another person, then make every effort to get away from them. Not always possible to do right away, I know, like when you're in school and stuck sitting next to someone or sitting on a plane, train or bus, someone at your job, but a lot of the time we do have control over it. So while there are triggers for different people, we are ultimately responsible for our own actions.
              I agree. If there are people in your life who know how to push your buttons and insist on doing so, you have to find a way to either remove them, or some way to cope with their behavior. This is more challenging in the workplace where you have to work with someone each day and cannot avoid them, or a strained marriage.

Comment

Have you ever heard of the ideology or subconscious agreement about not surpassing your father?

For some reason this reminds me of it.

You’re always in control, but people you care about this seems to resonate. It’s always someone you deal with daily where this pertains.

Sometimes the people you most care about/deal with constantly can hold you in a proverbial space. Humans spend over 90% of their existence in thought.

But, anyways. Yes. I do agree to an extent with your post. When I feel like I want to lose my **** I’ll contemplate Michael Corleone and how he never let his emotions get the best of him. Always remain calm and think things through.

Remember there were a couple morons on here who said The Godfather taught them nothing and Marvel movies were so amazing. Hahahaha.

Comment

i am a jew.. nazi holocost ancestors..

we blame others for making us mad... let that anger pass for the good of the world.. let anger and pain go..

i am old.. let it go.... my people.. got burnt up.. i pray for both them and the fools who brunt them.

that is all i got,,,
                  \

fools who doubt me.. i can produce my works...
                  i am a jew.. and i fear only GOD..

been locked up for violence... regretted most of the things

the best way to deal with people is to bless them and then pray for them...killing idiots is easy..

love those who hate /////

Comment

Small minds are susceptible to mind games....Easily triggered.

Comment

Working...
                    X