Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divorce Rates Are Down And Have Been Decreasing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    It not divorce rates that are down

Divorces are down.

There is a difference.
    Hardly a difference, typically if an overall general number is down, its because the rate for that occurrence is also down.

And yes, total divorces, and divorce RATES are down.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      Another reason that proves the Boomers were one of the worst generations of late.

https://time.com/5405757/millennials...-rate-decline/

there are less people getting married

Comment

I have read this too. I asked a marriage counselor friend if mine a while back why this was the case? This was what she said:

In her opinion divorce rate is lower now because not only is this generation getting married older, but it’s also a generation that has grown up with women in their lives working, therefore they’re more inclined to help out around the house with household work and be more considerate of their spouses.

Generations who grew up with mom being at home all the time, struggled to adjust when they were married and their wives took jobs. These men still expected their wives to take care of the kids and the house even though they worked too. Causing more marital problems.

Thought it was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          Economy is good?
          I think it's the opposite. The economy was best in the 90s, which had the highest divorce rates.

It's because money = power.

The more money a dude has, the more he can **** and marry who he wants lol

Now that dudes have less money, they're stuck with the wives they got.

Thats my quick 10 second theory based on the data lol

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
            I think it's the opposite. The economy was best in the 90s, which had the highest divorce rates.

It's because money = power.

The more money a dude has, the more he can **** and marry who he wants lol

Now that dudes have less money, they're stuck with the wives they got.

Thats my quick 10 second theory based on the data lol
            I dunno tons of data that says finances are a big marriage killer.

Comment

Less folks are getting married so less folks are getting divorced checks out.

It would make sense that the % would go down a lil too cuz since marriage is being seen as less of a necessity that the people who are still getting married would see it as more important to them personally so wouldn't be as likely to get divorced. And those who aren't seeing it that way and less of a requirement to be an adult like I think a lot of people see it now are less likely to get married in the first place to end up getting divorced at a higher rate I'd bet.

I remember I had a time in my life when I thought I was supposed to get married. After having anxiety issues and a panic attack I've since overcome that feeling that I'm supposed to be married like those before me. I believe it to be a dated concept and it'll just become less of a thing as we move into the future.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                that looks like a graph of total divorces. thread title is very misleading.

"divorce rate" would be the rate of divorces / total marriages. my generation, for many reasons, is not getting married as young as the boomers. i'm 32. most of my friends are unmarried.

my married friends are miserable f#Cks for the most part. seems like the onlytime they have any real humanity is when they're away from their wives and kids.
                I'm the same age and boat here too but I'd say my married friends are domesticated rather then miserable. I have friends that used to tear through town and do hardcore weight lifting and now they just move slowly and do meme exercises at the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  Hardly a difference, typically if an overall general number is down, its because the rate for that occurrence is also down.

And yes, total divorces, and divorce RATES are down.
                  Keep in mind, a fair number of people here do not grasp the difference between total taxes and tax rate.

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  I dunno tons of data that says finances are a big marriage killer.
                  That's the top thing couples fight about.

And rich, poor, or middle class; the biggest thing married couples fight about is money.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                    cheaper to keep her
                    Well said. I know alot of couples that cheat on each other. Not like swingers they actually just sleep with other people. Also now cuckolds are more common

Comment

Working...
                    X