Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divorce Rates Are Down And Have Been Decreasing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce Rates Are Down And Have Been Decreasing.

Another reason that proves the Boomers were one of the worst generations of late.

https://time.com/5405757/millennials...-rate-decline/

that looks like a graph of total divorces. thread title is very misleading.

"divorce rate" would be the rate of divorces / total marriages. my generation, for many reasons, is not getting married as young as the boomers. i'm 32. most of my friends are unmarried.

my married friends are miserable f#Cks for the most part. seems like the onlytime they have any real humanity is when they're away from their wives and kids.

Comment

im sure you would find that marriages are down too so naturally divorces would be down

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
        im sure you would find that marriages are down too so naturally divorces would be down

you'd be surprised how little most people understand the basics of statistics and analyzing data. what bothers me is that these people have a vote that is equal to the vote of yourself or myself, the educated who are in a position to show these little shirelings or these little backwoods bayou idiots what a simple graph is actually telling them. TS is a card carrying moron unless i'm mixing him up with someone else. long expected him to be a 1bad alt, but i don't give enouhg of a **** to look into it.

oddly enough, he's acutally right. he just, you know, posted a graph without knowing how to interpret it, and it didn't have any relevance to his claim that the rate of divorces is going down.

divorces per total marriages
        or divorces per 1000 people. those are the meaingful metrics here. TS is looking at total divorces, which doesn't take into account these important variables [such as how many people are actually getting married, or how many people live in the US.]

here you go, TS:
        help from someone who is actually educated
        https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/...e-millennials/

^ what you should have posted.

Comment

cheaper to keep her

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            Another reason that proves the Boomers were one of the worst generations of late.

https://time.com/5405757/millennials...-rate-decline/
            New England torched your ass mayne, he torched you. Boy said your funky ass cant read a graph

Comment

Economy is good?

Comment

Are the number of new marriages roughly constant over this period of time?

Anyway that's interesting.. my guess as to why this is happening would be that people don't feel the need to enter marriage as soon as possible like previous generations did. They are likely holding out for the right person / circumstances more than before.

Seems that way from my experiences anyway, I'm in my late 20s and most of my friends are unmarried.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-02-2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  my married friends are miserable f#Cks for the most part. seems like the onlytime they have any real humanity is when they're away from their wives and kids.
                  Good observation, pauper. I'm only a few years out of high school and I already have a good amount of friends/acquaintances that have gotten married. Best to them for "finding love" young, but they ain't all happy... more specifically, some of them have drastically changed.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                    New England torched your ass mayne, he torched you. Boy said your funky ass cant read a graph

nothing wrong with being stupid. but being stupid, grouping up, and acting like you're not stupid is dangerous. he just shouldn't vote or speak on anything political. keep it simple. baseball, brooze, broads. whatever the **** else they talk about in between mouth-breaths.

Comment

Working...
                    X